• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

SleazyC

That LTE speed is nuts. According to AT&T my apartment is covered by LTE but I'm definitely not picking it up. My workplace is also apparently LTE ready so guess I'll see on Monday if I can pick it up there.

Filth

just erased all content and did the whole process over again. phone never asked for a zipcode or ss # the first time i did wifi sync this time i connected through itunes and still the same thing. hmmmph

Sean

Banned
In midtown Manhattan, LTE download speeds are around 8 megabits, with a half-megabit upload. Lame.

Mine is even worse, 5.80 Mbps down and 0.25 Mbps upload (ATT LTE in North Jersey). My reception has always been terrible in this apartment (one bar) though.

I feel like I probably should've switched to Verizon.

X-Frame

I picked up another Lightning to USB cable at the Grand Central apple store now and played with the white and black iPhone 5.

The white looks really nice, but the black -- seems to be on another level in terms of hotness. My black 64 GB is waiting for me at home and I am excited. Though I did inspect the black demo unit and pretty decent scuff mark already next to the volume buttons.

Does anyone have the AT&T number to activate the phone, or transfer it from the older one?

I guess including this number in the box would have been asking too much.

jts

...hate me...
When the scuffing gets too bad, and it will, maybe it's a good ideia to scuff the bejesus out of it and get dat 4S look.

I can already imagine companies offering that service.

KHarvey16

just erased all content and did the whole process over again. phone never asked for a zipcode or ss # the first time i did wifi sync this time i connected through itunes and still the same thing. hmmmph

Don't connect it to your computer and don't use wifi. Try it that way.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Holy shit, faster than my home internet!

gnKuK.png

Wow, that is incredible.

Here are some codes for 50% off bodyguardz

1. SEGPVwX569
2. SdiKquV345
3. SJKPRVX358
4. SafGHKu567
5. SaBfPuy279
6. SBcEiLR245
7. SBNPquZ369
8. SBcTwyZ689
9. SadfJqR279
10. SfJLPXZ235
11. SBcHiLX468
12. SBiNwXy348
13. SBKmNTw346
14. ScfiKLu567
15. WEJKLVy357
16. WilPsVZ567
17. WcEGPqV234
18. WcmNTVX347
19. WaGsVXZ457
20. WacdEJs379
21. WimPTuV245
22. WGiNPXZ679
23. WBGHmPT347
24. WcGiuVy679
25. XcGqRyZ568

BcDgiLP267
BkLNPuZ369
BRsTuXy368
BFLNPTX347
BaeksyZ249
BFgPuwZ369
BeFiLRs249
BDHNPsV457
BFgJkTZ478
BaLquVw267
BceFRTZ278
BeJPsTy689
BDkmPqX489
BcDgLNV458

Einbroch

Banned
Guys, I know cases are ugly, but I need one. Or at least a bumper. This thing slips out of hand and I'm prone to dropping my phones. Any suggestions?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
It just dawned on me that AT&T never charged my card... This happen to anyone else?

I picked up another Lightning to USB cable at the Grand Central apple store now and played with the white and black iPhone 5.

The white looks really nice, but the black -- seems to be on another level in terms of hotness. My black 64 GB is waiting for me at home and I am excited. Though I did inspect the black demo unit and pretty decent scuff mark already next to the volume buttons.

I've had two on order with Apple since I preordered the phone that won't ship for weeks. Think I could pop down there and pick a couple up easily, or it's a zoo / not worth cancelling my order?

X-Frame

Guys, I know cases are ugly, but I need one. Or at least a bumper. This thing slips out of hand and I'm prone to dropping my phones. Any suggestions?

Monoprice. They have bumpers that are under $5. I ordered 2 of them and they arrived yesterday and look just like the apple ones except they have rubber buttons. Plus that whole $25 cheaper helps too.

iammeiam

I have no idea if this will work but I'm seeing some people report success trying to activate through AT&T's website here

iammeiam

I've had two on order with Apple since I preordered the phone that won't ship for weeks. Think I could pop down there and pick a couple up easily, or it's a zoo / not worth cancelling my order?

I ordered two Lightning USB cables from Apple on the 18th and they've shipped already. You may want to check your order status to see if cancelling's still an option at this point.

X-Frame

Definitely not a zoo at all. In fact it looks like nothing is out of the ordinary, except they roped the entrances up the stairs with apple employees there because it is at "capacity". I just told them what I wanted and they let me in.

It seemed like they were screening questions on the floor to prevent people with easy questions from going up and taking up space. And this is just now during rush hour. I don't know what there iPhone stock is though, but I can say it wasn't crowded beyond normal. Maybe check it out and test your luck with inventory levels then if successful, cancel your items.

Best of luck!

So.

First iPhone. Just got it. 16GB

I have a leftover $21 in my apple account from a gift card.

Is there a must have list of free games/apps somewhere in some other thread?

And whats the word on cases? I threw a screen protector on and I love the feel but I am a bit bad when it comes to scratching, my pockets usually have my keys in them and my wallet/chance/reciepts/cash.

The LTE is blazing fast, and I seem to be getting better reception overall everywhere in my neighborhood with this phone. Its quite amazing. The Black is just gorgeous too.

Nope, around 20%. Maybe using 4G is makin it this hot. Either way it's much warmer than my 4.

I just drove around streaming through Spotify on LTE and the phone never even got slightly warm, whereas my 4 would get almost too hot to touch, so it may be a flaw in your particular phone.

Seriously this thing is so light it's nuts. If it wasn't turned on I'd have a hard time believing it wasn't just a dummy shell. Someone else made the analogy that it feels like a phone that's had it's battery removed and that feels about right.

If this is what Apple can now do with the phone then the next round of iPads are going to be very interesting.

Top Bottom