• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

X-Frame

I don't think I would even want a phone lighter than the iPhone 5, would any of you?

Any lighter and it'll just float out of my hands during a strong breeze!

Seriously this thing is so light it's nuts. If it wasn't turned on I'd have a hard time believing it wasn't just a dummy shell. Someone else made the analogy that it feels like a phone that's had it's battery removed and that feels about right.

If this is what Apple can now do with the phone then the next round of iPads are going to be very interesting.

iPads don't have their back panel made of glass.

Seriously this thing is so light it's nuts. If it wasn't turned on I'd have a hard time believing it wasn't just a dummy shell. Someone else made the analogy that it feels like a phone that's had it's battery removed and that feels about right.

If this is what Apple can now do with the phone then the next round of iPads are going to be very interesting.

Will still be too heavy for will.

dorkimoe

too bad att lte is literally in 1 city in my entire state :( such a joke

My phone is next to me in the box, im too scared to open it as there are no screen protectors out yet that i know of :(

Filth

my fix was to call at&t and have them do it manually. he said he had no idea why it wasnt working. anyway im just dissapointed in the fact youtube videos over 4g arent at high quality. thats all i really wanted :(. besides that im very pleased.

asdad123

My phone is next to me in the box, im too scared to open it as there are no screen protectors out yet that i know of :(

There are plenty of screen protectors out. I got a SGP UltraOleo Off of Amazon and received it today the same time as my phone.

Went on perfectly.

iammeiam

Does the AT&T status thing differentiate between HSPA+ or whatever the pseudo4G is called and LTE? Because my phone says LTE and I'm pretty sure my area doesn't have LTE.

Marco1

I have purchased and opened my new ip5 but it's only 16GB and I can see myself using this up quite fast.
Would apple exchange this to a 32GB once they arrive in stock?
I live in the UK.

Struct09

Does the AT&T status thing differentiate between HSPA+ or whatever the pseudo4G is called and LTE? Because my phone says LTE and I'm pretty sure my area doesn't have LTE.

Yes. It says 4G for HSPA+, and LTE for LTE. My iPhone 5 has been in both types of areas today.

DoubleTap

Use the one that came with it temporarily? Thats what im using now. I cut some off the bottom so i can use the home button.

dorkimoe

It can't be overstated just how much you don't need a screen protector. You're being ridiculous.

yeah i guess i am being a little protective of my $300 phone

a214w.png

iammeiam

Yes. It says 4G for HSPA+, and LTE for LTE. My iPhone 5 has been in both types of areas today.

Weird... AT&T's website lists Seattle as the only city in Washignton with LTE Coming Soon, and I'm about 45 minutes north of there. I guess they turned it on and didn't update the site?

yeah i guess i am being a little protective of my $300 phone

a214w.png

I can't imagine how irresponsible a person would have to be to do that to an iPhone. I think killing the user experience isn't worth avoiding the burden of just having to be careful, but I guess if you have hands coated in butter, then by all means.

SleazyC

Not sure if people who ordered an SGP screen protector from Amazon (or any other third party vendor) but figured I'd give people a heads-up about an issue in the cutouts.

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your recent purchase from Spigen SGP!

Are you excited for the new release of the iPhone 5 as much as we are? We understand that protecting your device is important and we’re glad that you chose Spigen iPhone 5 Screen Protectors for your new iPhone.

We promised that we would do everything we can to get you the best protection for your phone and we are keeping that promise! There was a small difference in our cutouts on the screen protector so we made some slight adjustments to our screen protectors to make them perfect.

We will ship out your updated screen protectors today!

There’s no need to send the old ones back to us, all you have to do is just wait for the new package to come and use the updated version to protect your phone. We can't bear to think that your iPhone is left unprotected, so please use the one you have now until the revised ones arrive.

We really appreciate you choosing Spigen SGP, and we appreciate all your support and patience with us at this time.

If you requested a refund instead or your order was canceled prior to receiving this email, please disregard this notice.

If you have any further questions just contact us at info@spigen.com.

Sincerely,

SPIGEN SGP

jts

...hate me...
Guise, now pay attention to me.

Seriously guise.

The iPhone is going on sale next friday here in my country. So when should it be put up for sale in the Apple Store online? Monday?

Is it not? I can see myself breaking this phone in the next year, so I figured I'd best get AppleCare+ with two accidentals instead of paying the standard fee for one.

Well if you know for sure you're going to break it in the next two years, then ya it's worth saving $50. Did you break your current phone over the last two years?

The hardware buttons feel much more solid than on previous iPhones, particularly the Home button. Just a really nice tactile click. Anyone else notice this?

Top Bottom