• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

MasLegio

Banned
How about this one? I just went to the office at my apartment complex and found out that the UPS guy delivered five iPhones this morning - but not mine. Apparently there were still a bunch on the truck but he didn't have time to find them, so he's just coming back in an hour or two... despite the fact that my delivery says "by 3:00."

Good drivers should know what packages are in the truck and plan their route accordingly. but they also are dependent on good sorters filling the trucks correctly. Had things been done correctly he should have been able to deliver them all in one go instead of losing loads of time on having to go back a second time.

bionic77

What's battery life like so far?

Also I hate you people. Won't get mine for 3 weeks. Wish I had time to stand in line. :(

Edit. Update. Says mine is preparing for shipment!

I owned the 4S for only ten months before I used it to completely finance my latest purchase, but the six phones before it all had to be replaced at least once. General clumsiness, friend shenanigans, alcohol, or all three usually.

Fair enough, then AppleCare+ will work in your favor. You have to pretty much break your phone at least once every two year contract to make it pay off, otherwise it's not worth it since it has a high premium.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Went to App Store -> turned on Genius (yeah, I know, worthless) -> Crash
Went to App Store again (last tab active was Genius) -> Genius loads -> Crash
etc.

The "Awards" section in Qrank is crashing, and when I click on "Buy DLC" or whatever in Qrank nothing happens

Anyone else confirm either of these?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Went to App Store -> turned on Genius (yeah, I know, worthless) -> Crash
Went to App Store again (last tab active was Genius) -> Genius loads -> Crash
etc.

The "Awards" section in Qrank is crashing, and when I click on "Buy DLC" or whatever in Qrank nothing happens

Anyone else confirm either of these?

App Store Genius crashes every time for me. Did on my 4S, too.

pxleyes

Banned
Posted this the other day, but I'll post it again.

If you aren't planning on using your earpods, I'd love to take them off your hands. I'll pay shipping, but I figure more than a few will go unused so why pay $30. PM if you are feeling generous.

So what's the best way to get all my apps and info from my ATT iphone 4 (icloud backup) to my verizon 5? I connected the 4 and backed up to my Mac, and then connected the 5 and it didn't link them at all. I'd rather not manually add all my apps again. :/

woober

Brooklyn on ATT:

iW6Q5jaU1Sdzu.PNG

HOT DAMN.

I just bought the phone and I already have chips in the black paint on both sides of the phone. I'm not sure if it came from the box like that or not. I simply had it in my pocket (without anything else) and have minimally used it.

dyls

lol, I thought you're going to say that he'll come back tomorrow. Be happy it's only a few hours. To be fair, it's a really stressfull time for them.

I know, and I was totally expecting to wait until the end of the day anyway. But seeing all those boxes at the office and knowing mine wasn't among them made the whole thing much worse. I'm just afraid he won't have time to come back today and I'll be stuck waiting until Monday.

I just bought the phone and I already have chips in the black paint on both sides of the phone. I'm not sure if it came from the box like that or not. I simply had it in my pocket (without anything else) and have minimally used it.

Remember, there is tons of dust in your pocket, and since it is constantly scraping against your phone whenever you walk, it will scratch your iPhone.

mf.luder

OMG. Just played with both colours at an Apple Store. I am definitely getting Black. And man, this thing is so thin and light. My contract is due for an upgrade in 3 weeks, hopefully stock mellows out by then because this Nexus S is definitely not going to cut it for much longer.

Mine was delivered at 10 this morning and I've been messing with it all day. I love this phone. I've had a 3g and a 4 before this, but wow is this phone amazing. AT&T was also nice enough to flip the switch on LTE in my area yesterday so that was a nice little added bonus. I have absolutely no regrets and luckily I got one that was scuff free.

The sound quality all around on the 5 seems like it's a big step up. I may be completely off base on this, but even on the same headphones, the sound quality seems better.

Is this right? I've been really curious about this. Wondering if the DAC is different from the one in the 4 and 4S. Tear downs seem to indicate a Cirrus Logic chip but nothing aside from that

How about this one? I just went to the office at my apartment complex and found out that the UPS guy delivered five iPhones this morning - but not mine. Apparently there were still a bunch on the truck but he didn't have time to find them, so he's just coming back in an hour or two... despite the fact that my delivery says "by 3:00."

At least yours is coming. My guy stopped long enough to put the note up and bolted.

Top Bottom