• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

rezuth

Jut read the first few pages, so much hate. Wonder if this was a bit like the ipad, you gotta experience it to truly understand.

Looks like Google Maps is having its own quirks.

ji78D.jpg

Jonogunn

I got my iPhone 5 day one and now the top button has stopped working. You guys think Apple will exchange it?

yup without a problem at all they win. U got 1 year warranty and they are very accommodating for almost any problems.

That's the one great thing bout apple.

Mr.Fresh

yup without a problem at all they win. U got 1 year warranty and they are very accommodating for almost any problems.

That's the one great thing bout apple.

That is.... Great haha. I was thinking they would try and say I dropped it or something. I have an appointment set it for Friday morning so it should be fast!

lucius

So don't see an option in Google maps for voice is there one?

Also seems to maybe be worse than it was before for finding certain places near you, I am sure it will get better, still I won't give up Waze and will use Apple's maps just so they can improve the darn thing. When I use Waze I often find the Bing results for finding places near you the best out of all of the results, the default Waze results are useless, yellow pages and google results are decent.

Edit: nevermind it was not working for me at first voice is there

jcm

Did you really blank that out so we don't know where you live?

It's OK. I ran a neuro-fuzzy pattern match against the tileset and routing engine and I've got a 99.9994% probability match. Helo is en route. We'll soon know if he does, in fact, have candy.

sangreal

3 days left on the Auris bluetooth dock connector in case anyone is interested.

If you have an old 30 pin dock or stereo, this will convert it to bluetooth.

$30 for the kickstarter, retail will be $40.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/428223606/auris-bluetooth-for-your-dock

I don't know why I bought this since the same things can be had for like $5 on ebay, but these actually started shipping ontime. Pretty rare for a kickstarter. It also got a bunch of upgrades from the original proposal

Timo

For some reason a quarter of the time I receive a call and I go to swipe to answer, it just won't do it. No matter what I do. Anyone else having this happen?

Ashhong

I'm at 40% battery life, with 9 hours usage, and 23 hours standby :O

My battery seems to drop more overnight, like 1% an hour whereas it used to be like 2% all night, but is great during everyday usage.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Does anyone use geofencing stuff? If so how much of an impact on battery life do you notice?

BigDug13

I'm at 40% battery life, with 9 hours usage, and 23 hours standby :O

My battery seems to drop more overnight, like 1% an hour whereas it used to be like 2% all night, but is great during everyday usage.

9 hours of what kind of usage? I'm not saying you're lying, but...

Ashhong

Which ones? Push is on for pretty much everything except games, location services is on, auto brightness about halfway, etc etc. I am using Gmail app instead of Mail now. I'm not sure if that's whats helping my battery but I'll take it, even if the loading is kind of annoying.

Also, wireless sync fucking sucks. It's great when it works but half the time itunes doesnt see my iphone or my phone doesnt see itunes. Also, theres a process that runs because of wifi sync that takes up like 80% CPU sometimes. ridiculous.

9 hours of what kind of usage? I'm not saying you're lying, but...

Lets see...I took it off the charger last night before going to the gym. Listened to music there for 2 hours, texted, used gym app. After that I was out eating, texted more, browsed facebook. Went home and didnt use it much. Woke up with about 60% maybe? That's like 13 hours right there. Been using it off and on all day texting quite a bit and playing some Scramble/Words with Friends.

Admittedly I'm not sure how it got to 9 hours. Maybe I have some kind of process using it up. Oh I also spent a good 15+ minutes wireless syncing. Surprisingly, that only took about 1% off though.

sangreal

I don't understand the battery complaints.. I have location + lte on and I only have to charge every other day or so. On my old android phone I was dying after like 7 hours. Granted its not on the level of my old blackberry

This thing was a lifesaver during Sandy's week-long outage.

I kind of wish the iPhone had a dumb phone mode for battery conservation. Basically, you would only be able to send and relieve calls and the phone does everything it can to conserve power.

Anyone have a battery case? Do they even exist yet? Want to buy one as a Christmas present but am having a hard time finding anything legit.

No battery cases yet.

This whole google maps ordeal seems really silly in hindsight. Apple wanted vector maps and turn by turn voice navigation. Google said no or had done absurd requirements. Apple makes their own with it obviously not being on par yet. Google releases their own a few months later. Apple now has a Google Maps app. Google did the same work and still made their app feature for feature similar to android. They just lost being a present figure on everybody's iPhone. What was the point?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
No battery cases yet.

This whole google maps ordeal seems really silly in hindsight. Apple wanted vector maps and turn by turn voice navigation. Google said no or had done absurd requirements. Apple makes their own with it obviously not being on par yet. Google releases their own a few months later. Apple now has a Google Maps app. Google did the same work and still made their app feature for feature similar to android. They just lost being a present figure on everybody's iPhone. What was the point?

It's almost like it was Apple who didn't want Google on their phone...

gimmmick

Contemplating on getting this coming from the android system myself. What phone did you have before you made the switch? The shit battery life is the reason why I want to switch to an iphone.

Galaxy nexus on verizon... I swear if the phone wasn't running android 4.0/4.1 ... I would have returned it when I got it back last Dec.

Top Bottom