• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Opening credit cards hurt your credit score. If you're going to do it, go for the big cashback like Chase Freedom, which gives anywhere from 200-300$ cashback. Not worth it for $20 =P

eh my credit score is fine, im not worried about it. plus they offer 6 months same as cash so i can take my time paying it off without having to pay any interest

Mairu

Cool thanks.

I don't think any actually came out yet. I'm still waiting for mophie to come out with one. I'm kind of afraid of how much it'll cost - all the lightning accessories so far have been pretty expensive which I'm sure the licensing cost from Apple plays no small part in.

lupinko

I just bought a mophie powerbrick, it recharges my iPhone 5 full like 3-4 times.

I got tired of waiting for a mophie case.

Also I think the mophie case would take away from the iPhone 5's lightweight feature.

Kaze13

So I switched to the GS3 earlier this week (iPhone 5 was a wonderful phone, but I just missed my Android customizations).

I still have a case that I used for it (the Poetic Atmosphere). I've decided that its not worth selling, so I'm going to give it away to some lucky GAFfer for free.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Atmosphere-Generation-T-Mobile-Verizon/dp/B0093CDLM0/ref=cm_cmu_pg_t

First person who sends me a PM gets it.

(oh and its the clear/gray one)

Pm!

Patriots7

Case recommendations?

I want something durable, but not a tank.
Something along the lines of the Otterbox Commuter in terms of protection and with no screen cover attached (I've tried the AGF Ballistic - I hate the flimsy cover over the screen, typing is horrendous).

Bgamer90

Banned
Have you guys heard of this?

Rondo Player By Dysonics

Rondo completely changes how music sounds over your headphones. It makes the sound richer and more immersive...as if you’re not even wearing headphones at all. Listen to your music library enhanced with Rondo.

It actually works well in my opinion (at least so far).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
does it feel like youre not wearing headphones?

because that sounds like a load of bs
I just tried it.

It sounds like someone recorded music from some bad speakers using a microphone, and then you're listening to that recording with your headphones. It's kinda neat in that lo-fi sense, but far from what they want to advertise I think.

Bgamer90

Banned
does it feel like youre not wearing headphones?

because that sounds like a load of bs

It sounds like you are listening to music in a room.

It's working well for the songs I've played so far. Going to try out some more genres/artists though. Might be different then.

Bgamer90

Banned
I just tried it.

It sounds like someone recorded music from some bad speakers using a microphone, and then you're listening to that recording with your headphones. It's kinda neat in that lo-fi sense, but far from what they want to advertise I think.

Heh, just tried out some Toro y Moi and it sounded like that.

So yeah, it works well for certain songs/artists. Don't know if I will use it a lot though (since I love Toro Y Moi).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It sounds like you are listening to music in a room.

It's working well for the songs I've played so far. Going to try out some more genres/artists though. Might be different then.
If I stretch my imagination a bit, it does sound like that, but it still sounds like a room with bad speakers :p

Just got an iPhone 5 last night after having a cruddy Samsung flip phone (from Cingular no less) going on 8.5 years (2004). It's a breath of fresh air. Though I did have an iPod touch, it was a second gen one with a finnicky battery by the end, so I wan't getting too much use out of it besides straight listening to music.

Gonna have to check out what all games and other apps I should get since I haven't really paid much attention for years.

RkOwnage

My upgrade is on the 14th, and I am seriously stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have an iPhone 4S, and I really want an LTE phone, but should I go with the iPhone 5 or should I wait out the inevitable refresh in September? The only thing I don't care for with the iPhone 5 is the new screensize, was hoping for something wider as well. Is it likely the 5s or 6 will have a wider screen?

Most frustrating decision ever....plus I have all my friends telling me to ditch the iPhone for an S3. Should I listen or get new friends? (lol)

CrankyJay

Banned
yeah it's pretty crazy. All my friends with 4's were astonished by the 5.

Really? I'm on a 4 and played on a 5 multiple times...I still love my 4. Call me crazy but I think the 5 is almost TOO light that it makes the phone feel cheaper...and I wasn't noticing much snappiness above my 4. I dunno.

Gonna wait until 5s or 6...the 4 is still an incredible phone.

Ashhong

Really? I'm on a 4 and played on a 5 multiple times...I still love my 4. Call me crazy but I think the 5 is almost TOO light that it makes the phone feel cheaper...and I wasn't noticing much snappiness above my 4. I dunno.

You are crazy.

Sean

Banned
Might be a stupid question but Verizon's "Mobile Hotspot" means tethering and it's free on all of their plans right?

Thinking of switching from AT&T to them and this is kinda confusing.

th3dude

Might be a stupid question but Verizon's "Mobile Hotspot" means tethering and it's free on all of their plans right?

Thinking of switching from AT&T to them and this is kinda confusing.

It is only free on Verizon if you are on one of their 'Share Everything' plans.

I truly believe we will have colored iPhones with 5s. I'll have to sell my 5. A real camera upgrade would be worth it too.

mrkgoo

Just my impression. I'm happy enough with a 4 to wait longer, it was that well built.

Not saying anything wrong with the 4, but the weight and speed are two attributes of the iPhone5 that you only appreciate when you've spent a lot of time with it and try to go back.

You know, like when you upgrade something, and don't notice too much difference, but if you ever go back to your old one, THEN you notice it.

For me, the iPhone 5 felt light and 'cheap' when just inspecting it, but after use, it does have certain elegance to it. It's light, but not really that 'cheap' feeling once you get used to it. It has a nice heft.

I don't have a nice fast iOS device (iPhone 3G, iPad 1), so a modern iPhone was bound to feel substantially better for me.

I bought the iPhone 5 about a week ago but I am just noticing today that notifications for FaceBook are not working. They worked fine on my 4S, I checked settings and they are turned on but they are not coming through. Does anyone know how to fix this? Was I supposed to log out of facebook on my 4S first or something? I have already restored my 4S so if I was supposed to do something on there am I just SOL now?

sky

Call me crazy but I think the 5 is almost TOO light that it makes the phone feel cheaper...

I agree. They are both great phones, but I prefer the sturdy feel of the 4s. I expect the 5s to be a more significant upgrade.

lupinko

I agree. They are both great phones, but I prefer the sturdy feel of the 4s. I expect the 5s to be a more significant upgrade.

The 5s will just have the same body as the 5 but with spec and camera upgrade.

C'mon people, apple is quite predictable with its mo by now.

The 5s will just have the same body as the 5 but with spec and camera upgrade.

C'mon people, apple is quite predictable with its mo by now.

There will be anothe r"feature" that will be unique to it. Possibly just colors, which is totally going to happen. Although a much bigger camera upgrade this time, 4s to 5 was very small. Probably slightly improved battery as well.

is there a female lightning to male 30 pin adapter?

basically the exact opposite of this:

Lightning-to-30-pin-adapter.jpeg

There will be anothe r"feature" that will be unique to it. Possibly just colors, which is totally going to happen. Although a much bigger camera upgrade this time, 4s to 5 was very small. Probably slightly improved battery as well.

NFC and/or fingerprint reader. Both of which make it a worthwhile upgrade from the 5, IMO.

Top Bottom