• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Order placed via Apple Store app. HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gave me a couple of errors at first, but then everything went smoothly.

Now the worst wait of all...

iammeiam

AT&T's website is fucking with me. It gives me the list of phones on my account, I check off the ones to upgrade, I click next, and 70% of the time it just reloads the same fucking page. The other 30% of the time it bitches about bad data.

Verizon's site kept wanting me to change my data plan, even though I'm currently on unlimited.

Apple's site is still down for me.

Downloaded the Apple Store app and ordered a 32gb no problem, and didn't have to change my unlimited plan.

Yay!

Wiz

Does the iPhone come with the Lighting to USB connector for my PC???

It's asking me if I want to add that seperately.

iammeiam

Verizon's site kept wanting me to change my data plan, even though I'm currently on unlimited.

Downloaded the Apple Store app and ordered a 32gb no problem, and didn't have to change my unlimited plan.

Yay!

Verizon came out and said they wouldn't allow people to keep their unlimited data at the subsidized price, so it's not surprising their site wouldn't allow it.

Raw64life

Thank you GAF for suggesting the mobile app. Was able to get the order in at 3:18. Hopefully that was quick enough. Both the AT&T and Apple websites still aren't up for me, not that it matters anymore.

SleazyC

WHEW! I got through on the app. It took me like 10 minutes of retrying because of timeouts but I just got my confirmation and its day1.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
1 black 16gb
2 white 16gb
3 lighting to 30pin adapters
3 extra lighting cables

My work is done back to sleep

Einbroch

Banned

Yay!
The Verizon store is just telling you what you'll have to do once you activate your phone. Until it's activated, nothing changes. I ordered through the store, "changed my plan", and it's still the same plan it was when I started.

When you activate your phone (even ordered through Apple) it will change your plan.

omgkitty

Verizon worked like a charm again this year. It was really weird having to transfer the upgrade on my phone to the other line to make it work since technically it was vice versa, but it showed my number when I checked out so who knows? Also $360 FUUUUUU.

Mairu

You can't.

But you can use the web to change it later.

This is what happens when I try to edit on the web:

aae4c7b2.png

But I ordered on the site, and hopefully I can change it tomorrow :|

My email shows standard shipping, but under the iPhone it says "Available to ship: Delivers 9/21."

Yea, I see the same thing. I'm not going to worry about it. What I am worried about is it made me select a text and data plan. Which is what I already have. I have unlimited texting and the 5GB tethering plan. I just hope it doesn't wipe my corporate discount.

jcm

Got em both through the apple store app. Thanks for whoever suggested that! Now to sleep, since I need to start work in 4 hours.

Verizon came out and said they wouldn't allow people to keep their unlimited data at the subsidized price, so it's not surprising their site wouldn't allow it.

Yeah I bought it at full price, and it was still asking me to pick a data plan, and unlimited was not an option. Sneaky sneaky Verizon!

multivac

Ugh, I got my order in at Verizon, but I'm signing up for a new contract and it appears to be doing a credit check or something. I haven't received a confirmation email yet so I'm kinda worried :(

PSGames

On the last screen before placing my order. Looks like you can't edit the address. Who do they use for shipping and will they require a signature?

malfcn

Time to go to bed. I will think about the phone another time. I need to decide how long I want to stay at this wedding in Iowa.

god what an ordeal. Lost perhaps 20 minutes signing into ATT and having it hang, forgetting my password and resetting it. Just used the app and it all went off without a hitch. Mucho thanks again GAF!

Purexed

Banned
Do the new earphones come with the 5? Also how long you think it'll take for the lightning cable deritative to hit monoprice?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm heading to bed. 16GB Black AT&T pre-ordered and "processing" email confirmation received.

Good night and good luck, everyone!

Same. But why does shipping say: Standard Shipping — Free
Delivers within 5 business days after product is available. I thought it was free overnight? Arg....

Really? Mine says delivers by the 21st.

Also got Dat applecare+.

Fuck cases. They are expensive and make my phone bulky. Plus no cheap case protects from liquid.

Top Bottom