• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Juice

PHEW - just ordered 4 of them through Apple's site (me & spouse, brother & spouse). Only saw one error, but just had to re-add to cart

I'm really bummed they couldn't do in store pickup. My wife will just have to hold onto it for me for a week :-(

Related: will it activate itself and mean that I'll be without phone for a week? That'd be pretty epic slash terrible.

Reclaimer

This is what happens when I try to edit on the web:

aae4c7b2.png

But I ordered on the site, and hopefully I can change it tomorrow :|

Don't worry, try again tomorrow morning. =)

I have done it this way before.

X-Frame

Is anyone buying a separate Lightning to USB charger cable? I want a 2nd one for work but it costs $39.99 according to the apple store? Is that really how much a cable costs?!

What’s in the box?

iPhone 5 with iOS 6

Documentation

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic

One-year limited hardware warranty

Lightning to USB Cable

90 days complimentary telephone support

USB Power Adapter

Deep Crow

Neo Member
Quick question -- on the ATT checkout page, it's telling me that I have two services that will come with the phone:

"Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without Visual Voicemail"

and "Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE"

Both are $30. Is this normal? I'm on a family plan so I'm not sure what usually appears on our bill.

PSGames

Does anyone know if they require a signature?? It's making me use my home address but obviously I'll be at work when they deliver.

Future

Apple site worked fine for me. One panic moment when the site crashed on my iPad when hitting one of the continue buttons for payment, but all clear now. Gonna have to stay home for this delivery, hopefully next Friday!

Wiz

Got it through pretty smoothly on the Apple Store website. Black Slate 32 GB w/ Sprint.

Thanks to all those who helped!

Juice

Quick question -- on the ATT checkout page, it's telling me that I have two services that will come with the phone:

Both are $30. Is this normal? I'm on a family plan so I'm not sure what usually appears on our bill.

This is why you only order from Apple.

Side note looks like on apple.com I was able to retain the 200 messages for $5/month no problem. Apparently AT&T only swiped it away from you if you ordered through them?? Anyone see it on att.com?

Mairu

Side note looks like on apple.com I was able to retain the 200 messages for $5/month no problem. Apparently AT&T only swiped it away from you if you ordered through them?? Anyone see it on att.com?
Same experience. I got in early at like 11:55, but didn't go through with it because there was no $5/mo 200 messages plan.
Don't worry, try again tomorrow morning. =)

I have done it this way before.

Thanks. Excited for new phone, though I'm going to be crying when I can't use MyWi/Nitro/Sparrow+/SBSettings. Haven't been off a jailbroken iPhone in awhile!

Future

On apples site for AT&T it just showed my unlimited data, and didn't mention 4g. Are the plans different? Will I get lte speeds on the old unlimited data plan?

rhino4evr

HEY GUYS - regarding shipping, I remember when I purchased the IPhone 4S for my wife last year that I Could NOT change the mailing address to my office due to security/contract reasons. I tired several times.

You may just need to stay home from
School/work that day. Or request to pick it up from the mail carrier directly

malfcn

Don't see it on either. That blows.

AT&T fucking me over tonight.

Apple website is showing my 2010 iPhone 4 isn't available for upgrade until 2013. lol.

and of course, AT&T's website is down.

Piggus

Blah. Ordered a white one on the Apple site fine, but I can't order another one because the AT&T site is now completely borked. It says they "reserved" one though... But I have not yet got the email saying that they got through to AT&T. What a mess.

Caelestis

Not sure if I should go through with it. Verizon people, if you upgrade on your old plan with limited minutes and get 2gb per month for now, can you later switch plans with them to a shared one?

Jin

Clear my Chrome cache didn't work. Tried IE, no go. I had to go to my brother's PC and use Firefox to get their site up. Weird. Anyways, I bought it through the apps.

Bii

Blah. Ordered a white one on the Apple site fine, but I can't order another one because the AT&T site is now completely borked. It says they "reserved" one though... But I have not yet got the email saying that they got through to AT&T. What a mess.

Same here.

Went through via Apple Store on iPad and was told that they couldn't check the carrier to see my elibility status. I have two iPhones now reserved. We'll see how long it takes for AT&T to sort out its issues so I can complete my orders. *sigh*

Einbroch

Banned
Not sure if I should go through with it. Verizon people, if you upgrade on your old plan with limited minutes and get 2gb per month for now, can you later switch plans with them to a shared one?

Yes. You can switch the share everything plan at any time.

Top Bottom