• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

raven777

2012-iphone5-select-box.jpg

this is how the box looks like. Is there any bigger image?

I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T's site two years ago and it was a nightmare. I ended up sleeping at my desk and just waking up every 15 minutes to try again. Eventually got my preorder in at 7am....

Just tried AT&T and their site went down. Went to apple.com and preordered with no issues.

Back to bed I go!

kruskev

If I use the phone upgrade from another number with unlimited data, would that number lose the grandfathered unlimited plan?

Verizon wireless btw.

.5" screen addition
new charging cable

Nothing else, thats how I saw it.

Fastest CPU on the market. Fastest GPU on the market. First mobile screen with full sRGB colour gamut coverage. Having the best specified phone on the market yet again, is no small achievement these days.

Sullichin

Got a 32GB black and 16GB white, both were eligible for upgrades, apple app didn't mention anything about my plan at all, just that it was replacing iphones on my account. Or I just didn't read it. Do I keep the same unlimited data plan I had ?

Dragnet

Fucking Orange, I'm through to the contract selection page and the one I want (£36 a month) is the ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T WORK WHEN I CLICK ON IT!

Einbroch

Banned
If I use the phone upgrade from another number with unlimited data, would that number lose the grandfathered unlimited plan?

Verizon wireless btw.

Whatever phone number you put on that phone will lose the unlimited plan (most likely). That would be a crazy loophole. Although they mentioned nothing about that when I ordered it.

Boof

I was grandfathered in with unlimited data with AT&T and as far as I can tell I am keeping my unlimited data. It even said so on the preorder page on the apple site. Preordered with virtually no issues on apple.com. First tried on AT&T website. What a piece of shit that was.

artist

Banned
Fastest CPU on the market. Fastest GPU on the market. First mobile screen with full sRGB colour gamut coverage. Having the best specified phone on the market yet again, is no small achievement these days.
I give you a full one min before some one calls you out.

I dont agree or disagree with what you said ;)

Codeblue

Clear my Chrome cache didn't work. Tried IE, no go. I had to go to my brother's PC and use Firefox to get their site up. Weird. Anyways, I bought it through the apps.

My sister asked if I could stay up to order her one. It has been 40 minutes of me logging into AT&T and getting sent back to the homepage, then two minutes of ordering on Apples site.

sadromeo

Did anyone else get stuck with a frickin reservation?

What the hell does this mean?

I have to wait for an email to continue?

Great.

Kaladin

Does everyone else have just the processing order e-mail if you used the Apple website store?

I'm hoping that doesn't mean I'm not in the first batch.

Also.....got one white 32GB Verizon iPhone coming.

I had to go from Unlimited Data to 5GB of data though......Take my extra $20 per month. Bastards.

Seth C

Which web site?

(Implicit question: Why are people ordering from anyone but Apple? Maybe I just trust the carriers less than you all?)

Well, I tried to order but they still have my old address listed even though I changed that weeks ago. Sale lost.

Important notes

AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPhone. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPhone, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Genius will first need to verify your iPhone purchase date and confirm that your iPhone has no pre-existing damage

From apple's website, to the dude who asked.

I give you a full one min before some one calls you out.

I dont agree or disagree with what you said ;)

I mean, I really was tempted by the Galaxy S3. But the notion that it still takes months for the "flagship" android phone to get the latest OS version just leaves me the desire to stick with Apple. They've done right by me.

The reason I keep going with iPhone is because I KNOW it will get rock solid software support for the life of my device. Which is two years for me. Every software upgrade, day one. I don't even have to wonder about this. It's a fact. And I really like that.

This preorder went pretty smooth. I just hope that I get it day one and not delayed. I preordered within the first hour, LMAO.

Does everyone else have just the processing order e-mail if you used the Apple website store?

I'm hoping that doesn't mean I'm not in the first batch.

Also.....got one white 32GB Verizon iPhone coming.

I had to go from Unlimited Data to 5GB of data though......Take my extra $20 per month. Bastards.

Yea, I just have the processing email. But I mean...damn...I ordered within 19 minutes of the site going up. If that puts me in any batch other than the first I'll be shocked. I just assume their site is moving along on the backend and it'll come out alright.

I really like the design of the new iPhone. The one thing that bothers me is that top and bottom on the back of the device still have that glossy glass. Why didn't they just make the whole back out of aluminum?

And this has probably been brought up, but why is it called the iPhone 5 when it's technically the 6th? If the 4S didn't count, then neither should the 3GS.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yea, I just have the processing email. But I mean...damn...I ordered within 19 minutes of the site going up. If that puts me in any batch other than the first I'll be shocked. I just assume their site is moving along on the backend and it'll come out alright.

The email says delivered by the 21st so i bet we're going to be ok :)

iammeiam

So I wound up stealing a family member's iTunes account to stay within the 2 phones/person limit, since I didn't want anybody's cancelled for violating their stupid limit.

My phone's stuck in special Apple limbo. Apparently my place in line is 'reserved', but they couldn't get a response from AT&T in time for my line so I can't actually order it until their system comes back up.

The other three, which I ordered after, all verified just fine. AT&T hates me.

multivac

Finally got my confirmation email on a new contract, but it's showing an extra $20 charge for each of the two lines and a new monthly total of $190 instead of the $150 it says on the website and said all through purchasing. This will not work!

Edit: Looks like this may be for the partial month of September, makes sense.

Juice

I really like the design of the new iPhone. The one thing that bothers me is that top and bottom on the back of the device still have that glossy glass. Why didn't they just make the whole back out of aluminum?

And this has probably been brought up, but why is it called the iPhone 5 when it's technically the 6th? If the 4S didn't count, then neither should the 3GS.

Oh, hello there only person that's not currently discussing the acquisition of the iPhone 5.

1. Aluminum clogs up all the radios. The glass is needed for teh radios.

2. The only reason 3G/3GS worked out was because of the silly 3GS moniker. Apple doesn't play by anyone's rules, not even their own.

AEREC

ugh...fucking ATT...tried to process my order 3 times (each timing out) and now it says Im locked out due to too many failed processing transactions with my personal info. Got to go into the store tomorrow I guess...hopefully there will still be some left.

kruskev

Whatever phone number you put on that phone will lose the unlimited plan (most likely). That would be a crazy loophole. Although they mentioned nothing about that when I ordered it.

So I can order it and just activate the phone to the appropriate number right?

Top Bottom