• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Juice

Finally got my confirmation email on a new contract, but it's showing an extra $20 charge for each of the two lines and a new monthly total of $190 instead of the $150 it says on the website and said all through purchasing. This will not work!

Edit: Looks like this may be for the partial month of September, makes sense.

Yeah, that's possibly just upgrade charges being rolled in?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Started trying to order again on verizon for my brother:

iPhone 5 16GB Black & Slate (CDMA) Verizon
Available to ship: 2 weeks

he gonnna be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed

Dany

Banned
Ah fuck it, I messed around with the addresses and the billing address isn't correct to the card. I'll call about that in the morning.

ugh...fucking ATT...tried to process my order 3 times (each timing out) and now it says Im locked out due to too many failed processing transactions with my personal info. Got to go into the store tomorrow I guess...hopefully there will still be some left.

apple.com dude. I did it there after ATT pissed me off.

Seth C

Finally convinced the app to work. The website STILL says it is down for me, even in Firefox which I've not used in at least 6 months.

I feel like I'm the only one on the planet getting Sprint. I know it's a shitty service, but I'll take that over no unlimited data. What's the point of having smartphone without unlimited data. I even had my 4S on T-mobile unlimited Edge, just so I could stream radio...

Lima

I feel like I'm the only one on the planet getting Sprint. I know it's a shitty service, but I'll take that over no unlimited data. What's the point of having smartphone without unlimited data. I even had my 4S on T-mobile unlimited Edge, just so I could stream radio...

If I would be in the US I would get Sprint.

I mean that even sounds fast.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
So weird i was able to get through on apple.com but my sister could not. She had to use my pc just to make her order.

Cloudy

Banned

Sprint user here too. They have no excuse for their site to be crashing lol

Caelestis

You can do it right now if you want. Login, go to change plan, and it should be right there.

The thing is, I have another prehistoric phone on that account w/o any data plan or anything. I want to upgrade it to iphone 4s 16 gb, but the new lower prices don't seem to be up for those yet. I guess I have to wait until the 21st? I tried that option on the site earlier and the bill for the month would be almost $50 more with it. I don't feel like paying for that yet if I can't even use it.

Kaladin

I thought about switching to Sprint, but I like Verizon's superior service and I will never exceed 5GB of data on a smart phone. If I do, I need to rethink my web usage.

I'd rather have fast data than unlimited. I don't mind pay-per-use data in theory. But the price is fucking atrocious....10 bucks a gig. Really? That shit should be illegal....

Milchjon

What the...

When I heard that LTE only works with T-Mobile in Germany, I assumed their competitors just didn't have any coverage. But now I realized that it's due to the iPhone only working with 1800 MHz, which only T-Mobile uses, while all other LTE devices on the market work with several different ranges.

WTF Apple, seriously?

so uh, what kind of iphone 5 case should I be looking into (got a black iphone5). I don't want something too bulky and I'm not very clumsy. Just want to make sure in case I have an accident that I don't fuck it up.

mr2xxx

Banned

Sprint couldn't even stream pandora properly for me.

Now let's all take bets on which LTE networks in which cities come to a screeching halt on Launch day!

I enjoyed seeing 15mb/s download speeds on AT&T LTE in NYC. But I bet that turns to 3G speeds as soon as a few million people hop on.

Is the tech in LTE built/design to handle high capacity "better" than 3G networks were?

Juice

Can't believe Apple didn't let people break contract on this. Royally fucked me over since my old iPhone got stolen :(

What constitutes breaking contract in your case? You mean you want to buy unsubsidized/unlocked day one? Unfortunately, they've never done that.

Juice

anyone??? i have no cle what to order for charging in the car. need it for work

this lightning and 30 pin shit confuses me at the moment

Not going to happen for at least a month, as apple's being stingy about licensing the lightning connector (supposedly). In fact, it looks like the adapters are going to be in short supply, too.

Your best bet will just be to buy another USB cable & a generic USB to 12v adapter for your car (that's all I use)

PaulLFC

Okay so the UK store is up, and they've decided to get rid of the Pay as you Go starter packs when nobody knows who will have micro-SIMs and when. Whoever made that decision is an idiot.

Top Bottom