• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Juice

to be fair, they'll probably have a shit ton available at the apple store. (wishful thinking for those who didn't get a day one preorder)

No, they absolutely will have tons and tons available at the stores. They want customers to be happy.

Edit: okay folks, I'm clocking out for now. hopefully I've been some help to somebody.

Kaladin

So the "Available to ship: Delivers 9/21" message means I'll get it on the 21st and not that the phone leaves the warehouse on the 21st?

This is my first iPhone since the iPhone 3G.

Oh, hello there only person that's not currently discussing the acquisition of the iPhone 5.

1. Aluminum clogs up all the radios. The glass is needed for teh radios.

2. The only reason 3G/3GS worked out was because of the silly 3GS moniker. Apple doesn't play by anyone's rules, not even their own.
Haha, yeah I know. I'm late to this thread.

iammeiam

Anybody else stuck in reservation limbo? I have faith Apple will hold the phone, I just haven't seen anyone else mention it so I am curious.

WTF? Is there a smaller allotment of units this time? If I recall with both the 4 and 4S you could pre-order at noon at still get the phone at launch.
There were rumors one of the display manufacturers was having issues until like this week. I could see a smaller launch allotment.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
So the "Available to ship: Delivers 9/21" message means I'll get it on the 21st and not that the phone leaves the warehouse on the 21st?

This is my first iPhone since the iPhone 3G.

Apple's usually pretty good about delivering iPhones into your hands ON launch day, but there are no guarantees of course. It could slip by a few days.

mr2xxx

Banned
Made an order on verizon but it said it was pending due to duplicate credit checks because the first order I didn't complete inputing my credit card info due to a mistake so I redid it. Didn't get a confirmation email from verizon either :(

multivac

Made an order on verizon but it said it was pending due to duplicate credit checks because the first order I didn't complete inputing my credit card info due to a mistake so I redid it. Didn't get a confirmation email from verizon either :(

Does it say "Duplicate Scan pending", because mine said the same thing and I restarted the order process 3 times because it would freeze at different steps, but I recently got my confirmation email.

You can also go to https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do and put in the preorder confirmation number to see if you get a delivery date.

Got up at 3 am est logged into Apple had an issue with Verizon auth my credentials. A few minutes later got an email from Apple telling me my phone is now reserved for the 21st whew. Even though I am loosing "grandfathered" unlimited 2 Gb for $30 I am okay with.

mr2xxx

Banned

sadromeo

That's what I want to know.

I tried to get one like everyone else but got stuck with a reservation # and an email saying they couldn't contact my service provider but when they do, they will send another email to continue the purchase.

A. Does this mean I'm screwed out of 9/21 shipping (if that is my only option)?
B. Does this mean I'm forced to wait in line on 9/21 to purchase?

iammeiam

I tried to get one like everyone else but got stuck with a reservation # and an email saying they couldn't contact my service provider but when they do, they will send another email to continue the purchase.

You're like me!

As I understand it, Apple has tagged a phone for you--if you ordered before it went to two weeks, it should be a launch phone.

Problem is, they don't know what to charge yet. When they do, we should get e-mails letting us finish our orders at our original places in line. Provided it works, it's actually Apple not letting carriers screw people out of orders.

Juice

If, like me, this talk of reservation numbers is confusing you, macrumors made it make sense:

Update 12:32 AM: Apple appears to be having difficulties connecting to carrier servers to verify customer information, and is in some cases issuing reservation confirmations. Users with reservations will receive emails once connections to carrier systems have been reestablished, and they will have 24 hours from that point to return to Apple.com and complete their orders.

Your fine the second email with the reservation number states you have until sat to complete your order to recieve shipping priority.

I cannot believe they sold out in a single hour... Should I still pre order with the two weeks and hope it gets shipped out on time or should I keep trying ATTs website?

Juice

I cannot believe they sold out in a single hour... Should I still pre order with the two weeks and hope it gets shipped out on time or should I keep trying ATTs website?

If it was two weeks I'd try my luck in a retail store. Even if you miss launch day you'll almost certainly get it sooner.

Dragnet

For UK people, Orange, Three and Vodafone pre-orders are all up. Think I'm going with Three, get unlimited internet and the cheapest handset price, beats everyone else out the park!

Was thinking that, aren't they supposed to be the main iPhone network here, or at least they used to be?

I'm waiting for Tesco - they're basically O2 but cheaper.

O2 were the exclusive provider of the OG iPhones. But they are always a farce when it comes to new devices. The 5 is already available on Orange for pre-order and O2 are just floundering on twitter saying "info coming soon". I just want to give them my monies!

Wish it could be like the iPhone 4 launch, I got mine from the Apple shop and they did the O2 upgrade in store. God knows why they stopped that.

dyls

Got mine for the 21st. But now I kind of wish I had waited to preorder tomorrow at Walmart. It's a few bucks cheaper and most likely you'll be able to pick it up at midnight on the 21st.

Yuripaw

Banned
I can't do it...I was gonna preorder the iphone 5, cuz it'd only be $200 for me...but I just can't bring myself to doing it right now. I'm saving up for other things, like my wii u, and another car...I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a phone.

I know some people go out of their way, and maybe $500-600 for a no contract iphone, but I'm just not one of those people who cant do that. I still want to get an iphone, but I just can't seem to justify spending the extra money.

I was wondering, as someone who's never had an iphone (but has had an android phone), would I still be happy with iphone 4? I mainly want it so I can use itunes, and some games like TWEWY, chrono trigger, phoenix wright hd... I don't care about faster shutter on my camera, or stuff like "omg this site loaded 3 seconds faster on the 4s"

sadromeo

You're like me!

As I understand it, Apple has tagged a phone for you--if you ordered before it went to two weeks, it should be a launch phone.

Problem is, they don't know what to charge yet. When they do, we should get e-mails letting us finish our orders at our original places in line. Provided it works, it's actually Apple not letting carriers screw people out of orders.

If, like me, this talk of reservation numbers is confusing you, macrumors made it make sense:

Your fine the second email with the reservation number states you have until sat to complete your order to recieve shipping priority.

That's a relief to know. I will feel better when I get that other email telling me to go to the site and finish ;p.

Sold out is meaningless without numbers.

Theyre gunna be crazy.

Lets not forget. This is launching in a bunch of countries on friday. So they preorders are spread out between carriers, countries and a huge stock Im sure for launch day at apple and other retailers.

I'm expecting this to be huge.

Dosia

People on macrumors saying it sold out 25 mins after midnight. I woke up and ordered exactly at 1 and was 2 weeks. Now I cant go back to sleep bc im pissed lol.

Theyre gunna be crazy.

Lets not forget. This is launching in a bunch of countries on friday. So they preorders are spread out between carriers, countries and a huge stock Im sure for launch day at apple and other retailers.

I'm not saying it won't do well. In fact I know it will. But simply saying the online preorders are sold out is sorta meaningless without numbers. Saying anything is sold out is meaningless without context because selling one item and selling twenty million can constitute as selling out.

numble

Theyre gunna be crazy.

It's also the first time that China* is basically a launch country.

*Technically Hong Kong only (first time Hong Kong is a launch territory), but its a subway ride away from China proper.

Just tried completing my Apple reservation email it shows my model with a 9/21 ship date. Only problem the site is unable to pull up my Verizon account info guess I'll try later.

iammeiam

Kind of pissed--got my second e-mail from Apple, trying to order the phone, it's giving me a two week ship date. I ordered another of this exact model after I ordered this phone for a different line, and it's set for 9/21, so they didn't reserve jack.

It showed 9/21 on the sidebar when I first signed in, but went to two weeks after I confirmed I wanted it and is showing two weeks on my order status. Lame.

ChanHuk

Banned
Missed the Apple site, had an emergency call to take a patient to a cath lab for an angio. Why do people get heart attacks at the worst moments?

Top Bottom