• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

tralfazz

I'd bet that a lot of the 2 weekers get changed to 9/21. I can't imagine that the 9/21 shipment sold out in 2 hours yet the next week has been going for 6+ hours. Seems weird that they'd have more stock for the following week.

I'd be curious to know how many people are on the even year upgrade vs. the odd year. I'd guess more on even considering how many jumped on the 4 when it came out.

Ha, I'm on the every year upgrade. Up until now AT&T has took care of us iPhone folk and gave us upgrades every year. Now, it's still worth the $200 (after sale of mint previous years model iPhone on eBay) to get the newest gadget.

However, I will probably be skipping the 5S next year so I can avoid paying extra. I wish I would have skipped 4S.

Ordered from AT&T an hour ago, not too specific on a release date though. Just a "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012."

Hopefully they can meet demand, but if not I'm not going to sweat have an wait an extra week or 2.

andycapps

I'd bet that a lot of the 2 weekers get changed to 9/21. I can't imagine that the 9/21 shipment sold out in 2 hours yet the next week has been going for 6+ hours. Seems weird that they'd have more stock for the following week.

I agree. If not the 21st, probably the Monday following or some such. I doubt their next shipment is really 2 weeks away. Keep in mind that whoever preorders now, those are sitting in warehouses already. I'd guess stock would continue to arrive between now and 9/21.

Inclusive WiFi - use of BT Openzone hotspots in the UK only. Fair Usage policy of 3GB applies . Usage above 3GB per month may result in suspension of Wifi services and/or suspension of your account. The 3GB Fair Usage Policy does not apply when using your iPhone on domestic WiFi. Note however that some domestic broadband packages have download limits and customers should be aware that using the iPhone to access the web through domestic WiFi will contribute to domestic data usage.

UK-Gaf, it's probably because I'm knackered so I'm not thinking straight but does that mean using my Wi-fi at home contributes to my 1GB internet data allowance?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just ordered 32gb Black on AT&T's site. Says phone will arrive on 9/21 in receipt. Crossing fingers....

Ugh. So I pre-ordered via Apple 16 minutes after they started taking pre-orders. My plan and all that was confirmed and I got an email stating that my order was "being processed". But I have yet to receive any type of confirmation email.

So I'm assuming this is going to bump me back to a latter shipping date despite the "being processed" email stating it'd ship/arrive on the 21st.

I'm so confused. Tried to call Apple directly to check but they're so busy they're not even taking calls. Got an automated "Due to heavy call volume we don't care about your call....goodbye" *click*.

Does anyone know what's going on w/ orders that have been taken, are being processed but haven't been confirmed?

paparazzo

Apologies if this has been asked but, if I upgrade to iPhone 5 through AT&T's site, do I have to take it to the store for anything like a SIM card? Or does it come with everything it needs to activate?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ended up getting the 32GB model and I'm going to try match for my music. Does it work well? Eat up a lot of data?

Ugh. So I pre-ordered via Apple 16 minutes after they started taking pre-orders. My plan and all that was confirmed and I got an email stating that my order was "being processed". But I have yet to receive any type of confirmation email.

So I'm assuming this is going to bump me back to a latter shipping date despite the "being processed" email stating it'd ship/arrive on the 21st.

I'm so confused. Tried to call Apple directly to check but they're so busy they're not even taking calls. Got an automated "Due to heavy call volume we don't care about your call....goodbye" *click*.

Does anyone know what's going on w/ orders that have been taken, are being processed but haven't been confirmed?

Mine says being processed too, I believe that's what it is supposed to say.

.hacked

wow 2 week wait on the ATT iPhone 5, glad I got up early and got my orders in (3 phones, 3 extra cables and 3 adapters).

One question is for apple...

Where is my dock? Come on guys I was sure you'd have no problem overcharging me $50 for a little piece of plastic =(

Processing is a confirmation. It'll say that until it's preparing for shipment.

Oxn

So Im assuming I cant just stroll into my local Sprint store on the 21st after 5pm and pick up 3 iphone 5s can I?

I just realized my shipping and billing addresses don't match (I want it delivered to my billing I entered them correctly but Apple pulled in a wrong older address). Do I lose the order now or will it default to my billing address?

I'm absolutely convinced O2s webteam is a pack of dribbling buffoons. How on earth can they not have their pre-order system ready yet when every other major UK operator has for hours?

Here I am, getting outraged at not being able to order a phone.

As it's my first Iphone...how easy is it to use it in conjunction with an Ipod on Itunes? In the sense that I have a 64GB Ipod, I'm getting an Iphone with far less capacity, how easy is it to just sync up a few select songs/apps onto my Iphone without it interfering with my Ipod's libary?

As it's my first Iphone...how easy is it to use it in conjunction with an Ipod on Itunes? In the sense that I have a 64GB Ipod, I'm getting an Iphone with far less capacity, how easy is it to just sync up a few select songs/apps onto my Iphone without it interfering with my Ipod's libary?

no problem per se, maybe a little handy work as you have to specify what you want to sync and what not

Processing is a confirmation. It'll say that until it's preparing for shipment.

0e3.png

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

Unbelievably easy.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm absolutely convinced O2s webteam is a pack of dribbling buffoons. How on earth can they not have their pre-order system ready yet when every other major UK operator has for hours?

Here I am, getting outraged at not being able to order a phone.

Join a network who's got their shit together. :p

iPhone 1 : iPhone 3G : iPhone 3GS - Relatively similar design

iPhone 4 : iPhone 4S : iPhone 5 - newer Relatively similar design

Do you guys think its a 3 year cycle as well?

Vyer

Damn, I'm not even preordering was just going to check something on my account and the ATT site is getting hammered.

In your guys experience is it faster to pick up in store or should I just ship it?

Ship it. Store pickup is the product shipping to store and store contacting you that the product has received. Store pickup is long lines. Store pickup is waste of time.

Store pickup is only good if you want to make changes to plans, pay by cash, renew contract and more. Though from what I believe, you can do all that if you're buying in States.

Zeth

I was always a line-up at Apple store guy until last year. Just get it shipped, very unlikely you'll have any issues, it's just easier.

iPhone 1 : iPhone 3G : iPhone 3GS - Relatively similar design

iPhone 4 : iPhone 4S : iPhone 5 - newer Relatively similar design

Do you guys think its a 3 year cycle as well?

Nope, it's a constant evolution of precise refinement. Classic Apple. See Macbook Pro, iMac.

Lot of FUD in here. Let me clear some stuff up. If your order page on Apple.com says Delivers on 9/21, you're good. Your order status should say processing. If you got an order confirmation email, congrats. If you didn't, it's OK.

You can change you addresses in the processing stage if you were the victim of an address import from your cell carrier via Apple.com. DO THIS. You can call Apple if you want, use this to get through 1 (866) 242-2674, but there's no guarantee. I had better luck getting placed on hold for a human by clearly answering all of "Siri's" questions. If it can't understand you, it'll hang up and cite call volume. Be prepared to wait. Again, use the website. It works and does the same thing the person will do.

Lastly... breathe. It's just a phone. You'll get one.

SleazyC

I was charged for the phone this morning so guessing I'm ok even though I don't have an order confirmation email.

Anyone else have their primary phone set to (111111111)? I'm wondering if I should change this to my existing cell number or my home phone.

Mr_eX

I ordered 32bg from apple a little before 3:30 am eastern. It says it will be delivered on the 21st but I didn't get the email order confirmation. I'm sure it's fine though.

Ship it. Store pickup is the product shipping to store and store contacting you that the product has received. Store pickup is long lines. Store pickup is waste of time.

Store pickup is only good if you want to make changes to plans, pay by cash, renew contract and more. Though from what I believe, you can do all that if you're buying in States.

Thanks man.

I just realized my shipping and billing addresses don't match (I want it delivered to my billing I entered them correctly but Apple pulled in a wrong older address). Do I lose the order now or will it default to my billing address?

Go to apple.com, log in to your account, go to your order history. You can change information there until it hits the preparing for shipment stage.

If it's still in the "We've received your order" stage, just keep checking.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Been out of contract for a while, but AT&T says I don't qualify for the subsidized price.
Wut.
Guess I have to wait until they're in stores to work this shit out.

Top Bottom