• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Kaladin

Finally got into the order status page:

iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (CDMA)
Delivers 9/21 via Standard Shipping

Good to see 9/21 confirmed for me.

Mairu

Anyone been able to change their shipping address either online or over the phone? I can't get to my order status and I haven't been able to get through over the phone.

Aesthet1c

Anyone been able to change their shipping address either online or over the phone? I can't get to my order status and I haven't been able to get through over the phone.

On apple.com? I changed my shipping and billing information this morning on my order I placed at midnight.

bonesquad

I was able to change my shipping address just now (after getting an error earlier). However, I now need to update my billing info. Between pre-ordering two different Wii Us yesterday and this iPhone, a block was put on my card (thanks to all the $1 test charges). I fixed that, but it isn't processing my new charge yet...

Mairu

Ugh. Still getting this message when I try to update shipping info "Your order is being processed. Please try again shortly. To make changes to your default shipping information, go to Your Account."

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ugh. Still getting this message when I try to update shipping info "Your order is being processed. Please try again shortly. To make changes to your default shipping information, go to Your Account."

My sister is getting the same error yet i can go in and change it at will.

When people go to their order on Apple (AT&T), what does it say for rate plan? Mine just says 2GB $25, even though I had a $30 3GB plan. Also, that's all it says; nothing about minutes or texting.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
wtf, you cant make calls and be on lte at the same time on the verizon iphone 5. that sucks :(

I just checked my order status and my 32 gig black AT&T phone still says that it is slated for delivery on the 21st. My confirmation was time stamped at 3:23 am eastern time.

PaulLFC

Tesco Mobile have just said on Twitter that their tariffs will be released before the end of the weekend.

Just need to hope I manage to get one now, from what they've said on Twitter their stock seems more limited than I thought - the person on live chat seemed to think there was a good chance of getting one, but their Twitter is saying upgrades are prioritised and stock will be limited. Crossing my fingers.

Appleman

you cant make calls and be on LTE at the same time on AT&T either. you drop to 3g

That's not too bad though, at least you have data connectivity. For me at least I'm hardly using my phone for calls, especially extended ones that may require data, so I'm not even sure the Verizon limitation would even be that big of a deal

and yet it already sold out. People seem to forget that not everyone is on a 4s. There are ALLOT of 4, 3gs, and 3g users out there.

Real talk. I will never upgrade more often than every two years. Ever. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of my iPhone 4 and this jump to the 5 is fucking megaton for me and my needs. I tether daily. On the way INTO work. At work. And then on the way home if there's work I can knock out. I literally live on my phone and I have to. It's a part of my livelihood. LTE + First class apps + The apple "ecosystem" I'm already invested in (itunes, itunes match, icloud, apple tv, macbook...etc) it's a huge upgrade.

dorkimoe

Trying to do the pre-sign. but there is no pre-sign button on the order page. Anyone see it? Or do you have to wait for it to ship?

sangreal

That's not too bad though, at least you have data connectivity. For me at least I'm hardly using my phone for calls, especially extended ones that may require data, so I'm not even sure the Verizon limitation would even be that big of a deal

it's not. I don't think anyone even realized the limitation existed before AT&T made a commercial about it

AEREC

But, and once again without trying to sound trollish, if you wanted a larger screen why did you have an iPhone to begin with? I've had the pleasure to play around with 3GS and while I'm no apple lover, I have to say that the phone was very fluid and responsive, in which case why is a processor that's been 'claimed' to be twice as fast be really worthwile? Wouldn't you want to see the performance of the phone before just buying whatever Apple says?

For me it's because I already own tons of stuff in itunes (games, movies, music) and Im just used to having apple everything.

I also like mobile games and while phones like the Galaxy 3 may be up there in terms of performance, no games or apps really take advantage of it like they do with the iPhone.

Ive never liked Android (Ive only owned the original Droid and a Droid Incredible before getting an iPhone 4s) as there phones always seem really sluggish. The Galaxy 3 is different though and feels smooth to me...but it just doesn't have the apps and games that Apple has.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Well, they said that I can't change it to in store pickup and they apologize but due to demand I won't get it any faster than Oct 2....blah blah blah

Why not just cancel it and wait in line on the 21 if you want it on that date. Waiting isn't bad either because time flies by very fast.

daw840

Why not just cancel it and wait in line on the 21 if you want it on that date. Waiting isn't bad either because time flies by very fast.

I'm definitely not camping out at the store....I'll just wait. It more pisses me off because it initially said the 21st when I spent the $430 and now it changed.

SuperPac

Trying to do the pre-sign. but there is no pre-sign button on the order page. Anyone see it? Or do you have to wait for it to ship?

From Apple? You have to wait for the shipping confirmation first. And it's a slip of paper that you fill out and put on your door.

Top Bottom