• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

noah111

Still Alive
Google Maps wasn't the name of the app. It's still Maps, just without Google data. The people you're talking about won't notice the difference.
Obviously, but people are not idiots. They know that it's google maps, as they probably use it on their computers as well. It won't be a huge deal, but there are definitely things missing from maps that'll make it noticeable.

Speaking of GMaps on desktop, I really wonder if and when Apple will put out a desktop maps application, to even further disway people from relying on GMaps.

Gaaraz

I wonder if the sales of other phones etc are spiking now too? Sure this is the fastest selling phone of all time, but I imagine there are a lot of people who were either on 2 year contracts from the original iPhone 4, but I'm sure there were lots of people holding off their new phone purchase to see what the new iPhone was like.

kehs

Banned
I wonder if the sales of other phones etc are spiking now too? Sure this is the fastest selling phone of all time, but I imagine there are a lot of people who were either on 2 year contracts from the original iPhone 4, but I'm sure there were lots of people holding off their new phone purchase to see what the new iPhone was like.

It's not really a spike, the mobile market as a whole is growing at an insane pace.

noah111

Still Alive
Maybe, but no doubt a huge amou t of these people are those who skipped the 4S.

I posted the link and info in last page and all you SOB ignored me :(
something something bottom of the page

Tadale

Anyone order from Verizon have any shipping information? The site isn't finding my order number, and my invoice says that the phones are expected to arrive by 9/21.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone order from Verizon have any shipping information? The site isn't finding my order number, and my invoice says that the phones are expected to arrive by 9/21.

Not yet. I ordered through Apple.com under Verizon. Still no email or anything. Only Monday though.

So for the Iphone 5 from At&t you are required to get the video voicemail plan? It's listed as required on my bill and that's quite shitty for a feature I will never use

beast786

OMG, thank you so much beast786 for keeping on top of things as no one else can. I'm not sure whether to be more amazed at the sales figures or your aptitude for delivering us the news. Remarkable, truly.

happy? :p

Lol. I have to keep up. Too much of my portfolio is in AApl.

Real question is How many iPhone 5's did Samsung engineers pre-order?

please, it's a joke

Oni Jazar

I'm so glad I'm getting my phone delivered and not picking it up at the Apple store. I waited in line for the 4 and was there from 6AM to almost noon, WITH a pre-order.

Tobor

What?

I use maps on the desktop all the time when I have to plan errands.

Plan errands? Why wouldn't you do that on the phone?

lolwut, it's the go-to maps service, and guess what, a lot of people still use desktop computers. :p

I honestly can't think of a reason why I would need to access maps on a desktop. I haven't done so in years.

I need mapping software for driving directions, or to find a business, both of which are easier on my phone. Maps on a desktop just doesn't make sense for my work flow.

If I didn't have a smartphone, sure.

Dunk#7

I honestly can't think of a reason why I would need to access maps on a desktop. I haven't done so in years.

I need mapping software for driving directions, or to find a business, both of which are easier on my phone. Maps on a desktop just doesn't make sense for my work flow.

It is easier to customize a route on the computer. The iPhone now at least gives you three route options, but you can click and drag the route on the computer.

**I don't really print out the computer directions. I mainly just use them for time estimation, and then either utilize my phone or GPS while in the car.

HBP

I'm so glad I'm getting my phone delivered and not picking it up at the Apple store. I waited in line for the 4 and was there from 6AM to almost noon, WITH a pre-order.

Same thing at my Apple store when I got my 4, left came back at 5PM and was out in 10 mins.

kehs

Banned
Plan errands? Why wouldn't you do that on the phone?

24" vs 4"

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://appleinsider.com/articles/12...p_for_iphone_5_outside_apples_fifth_ave_store

hd1Q1.jpg

Christopher

I guess some people want to be part of the "experience".

iOS 6 lanuches Wednesday right? I just want new iTunes! That's the best part of this whole announcement! When you get invested in the "iAtmosphere" the cloud, movies pictures, music is really a cool neat and awesome feature.

Also I think after my two years is up I'm ditching Verizon and going to Sprint, it's cheaper...unlimted data on 4G too. Anyone have any bad experiences with Sprint?

Something mad happened over the weekend when we were trying to navigate to a friends house, and Google maps didn't get us there, but Apple's maps did

So I'm confident of the new Maps, I just hope it constantly gets updated placemarks like tube stations, famous buildings, etc. like Google maps

Carlisle

Or... you know... you can preorder it online. Jesus.

I actually think they choose to wait out of, I don't know really, tradition? the experience? the culture? bragging/apple-peen flashing? Week-long lineups in front of Apple stores is practically an institution now.

Also realize that these people will end up on the news at least several times before the store opens on Friday. 15 seconds of fame.

Top Bottom