• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

MasLegio

Banned
Just installed iOS6 on my iPad. Loving the new maps, Siri, and tab syncing so far. Oh yeah, and can finally insert an image from within a mail message. About fucking time, and I'll be first to admit Apple is way late on this.

for some strange reason Apple always are late with these kind of essential and obvious functions

sangreal

I noticed my delivery date just changed to 10/5 so I called and cried. Literally I cried to the CSR and then asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor apologized after seeing that I ordered at 3:08am EST and offered to credit my account $50 to keep the 10/5 delivery date. We chatted back and forth about the Redskins and how RG3 is at least exciting to watch, but ultimately we are not very optimistic about winning a lot of games.

Then the conversation turned back to the iPhone and the supervisor again mentioned the $50 credit. At that point I cried again and I said things like "OMG and FML" and "Please oh GOD PLEASE...I NEED my iPhone 5 on Friday or else I don't know what I'll do"! Then the supervisor said "OH sir...I'm so sorry, I didn't know you needed it so badly. In that case I will make sure I get your order priority changed". He switched it back and while I was on the phone with him I could already see that it now said 9/21 for delivery. I peed a little in excitement but before the supervisor let me go he said "Just so you know, You won't get it on the 21st...it will be at your house on the 20th".

That's when I hung up the phone and ran a 5k I was SO excited!!! OMG...OMG OMG!!!!

jesus christ people

for some strange reason Apple always are late with these kind of essential and obvious functions

The frustrating thing is that could EASILY add this kind of thing in a point update, but I guess they hate doing that. It was working fine in the 1st beta I tried months ago. They prefer to have one BOOM update, then add features in incrementally and consistently. I can see why it would be easier from their end, logistically- less total iOS versions to support.

sangreal

I like how you're trying to convince yourself it's real to create some drama. The 'I then ran 5K' part didn't give it away for you?

Defensive much? christ. Yes, I'm f5ing a thread on a shitty apple fansite just because I want to cause drama, and not because I'm actually looking for info about the phone I bought. It was a joke

(a bunch of people really did get screwed into 10/5 dates by their CC companies)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Ordered mine around 4am est. friday morning on the AT&T website and mine still says processing too. Really hope its delivered Friday.
Ordered mine at midnight on the dot. Still says processing for me. I really hope it gets here on Friday :(

Milly79

I hope this is the right place to post this, I couldn't find a real iPhone thread.

1) If my friend gives me his iPhone 4, after getting the iPhone 5, will he be able to get it unlocked via AT&T?
2) How much does it cost to get the home button replaced? It's a bit flukey. I know you can use assistive touch, or whatever it's called.
3) This is a T-Mobile related question, but: I couldn't find a way to get JUST a micro sim card without placing another line on my account. I'd assume this could be done at a store much easier? Would it be better to just cut my sim card and get an adapter in case I want to go back to my Radar?

Thanks, and I hope this is the right thread. :s

Are you sure you were actually charged twice and that the first go wasn't just a hold on your account?

They're both pending transactions so I hope that they'll change it by the next business day. I actually called ATT and told me if the transaction doesn't disappear then I should show up to an ATT store with my bank statement. What a pain in the asshole

iammeiam

I hope this is the right place to post this, I couldn't find a real iPhone thread.

1) If my friend gives me his iPhone 4, after getting the iPhone 5, will he be able to get it unlocked via AT&T?
2) How much does it cost to get the home button replaced? It's a bit flukey. I know you can use assistive touch, or whatever it's called.
3) This is a T-Mobile related question, but: I couldn't find a way to get JUST a micro sim card without placing another line on my account. I'd assume this could be done at a store much easier? Would it be better to just cut my sim card and get an adapter in case I want to go back to my Radar?

Thanks, and I hope this is the right thread. :s

On 1.), if he's out of contract on the 4 now he should be able to request the unlock prior to getting the 5. The unlock shouldn't hurt his phone at all.

2.) When my home button went out, I looked into fixing it. Definitely not a DIY project; you can get IResQ to do it starting at ~$70; FWIW I've been using the assistive touch home button for about a year and while not ideal, it's workable.

No idea on 3.

dorkimoe

Mine is still scheduled to arrive on Friday but im actually kind of having second thoughts. If they for some odd reason delayed me to october I think i would get a lumia 920. Starting to think twice

andycapps

You'd be surprise

True, some Nintendo threads come close.

94780-200089-hardcoregamerjpg-620x.jpg

I asked in the upgrade thread but no response. How much does ebay charge in fees and what not after selling your iPhone through them. I heard it was a lot, but just wanted to ask gaffers with experience.

Dany

Banned
hey, how are you folks viewing tracking, mine still says preparing to ship?

ah, I put in my home number. cool.

It left Nashville, today. Nice.

Top Bottom