• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

def sim

zune-tattoo.jpg

facial expression to match the brand

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'd just like to know that mine is on the way, no need for the plane #. I suppose it'll be here Friday just the same. Not seeing it on any site though.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Unlike everyone else, Apple isn't insecure enough so that it needs to slather on the fact that they're using gorilla glass and use it in marketing, same with with specs. I remember a couple years after the iPhone came out, everyone was advertising in massively large text how they're using Gorilla Glass, and it wasn't till later that i found out that Apple was using it all along but didn't feel the need to obsessively market it as a bullet point. Its a means to an end, not a feature to cynically brag about. Just like cpu/gpu/clockspeed/RAM/etc.
Insecure companies? Fucking hell.

Flo_Evans

Oh jeez.

My wife just discovered she has 2 more months to go on her 4 contract. Of course she wants me to give her my upgrade (or pay the early upgrade price of $449 for 16gb!) so she can get it Friday.

Decision Points.

Oh jeez.

My wife just discovered she has 2 more months to go on her 4 contract. Of course she wants me to give her my upgrade (or pay the early upgrade price of $449 for 16gb!) so she can get it Friday.

Decision Points.

If you pay the early upgrade price you should be able to get it unlocked at the end of her current contract, assuming it's on ATT (I'm not sure what the other carriers require). That'll increase it's value a fair bit if you decide to sell it at some point. Just something to consider.

Flo_Evans

If you pay the early upgrade price you should be able to get it unlocked at the end of her current contract, assuming it's on ATT (I'm not sure what the other carriers require). That'll increase it's value a fair bit if you decide to sell it at some point. Just something to consider.

I almost alway give my old iPhones away to clumsy family members who crack their screens. Resale value doesn't matter much to me.

Personally I think she is crazy. 2 months is not long, her phone is perfectly fine. My 4 got lost/stolen when I was on vacation 2 months ago in Canada and I have been dealing with crappy old phones waiting for the new one.

Oh jeez.

Decision Points.

Wait, I thought most carriers will have a small window to allow for an early upgrade. 2 months is usually within that range.

I'd love to sell my iPhone 4 but the power button on the thing broke. I have to press REALLY REALLY hard to the point of hurting my finger to lock the screen.

My 4S is in good condition.. not a scratch that I can see.

But I probably won't sell it.

Upgrading my GF from a broke-ass 3GS (to replace the other 3GS that broke)... and myself from the 4S.

I figure between the 2 of us the 4S will make a nice backup if we ever lose or break our 5 and don't have a replacement.

SuperPac

I'd love to sell my iPhone 4 but the power button on the thing broke. I have to press REALLY REALLY hard to the point of hurting my finger to lock the screen.

You could always sell it back to Gazelle (if you're in the US, I suppose). That's what I'm doing with my 4S. They take broken phones.

You could always sell it back to Gazelle (if you're in the US, I suppose). That's what I'm doing with my 4S. They take broken phones.

Is that site legit? I guess 50 bucks is better than nothing. What sucks is I kept the phone in pristine condition. Not a scratch, dent or ding. Nothing. Looks like it was just taken out of the box.

Flo_Evans

Wait, I thought most carriers will have a small window to allow for an early upgrade. 2 months is usually within that range.

IDK I just went to the upgrade site and her # is not eligible for a regular upgrade until 11/11/2012. I think $449 is the early upgrade price.

I have 2 fours a 4s and a dumb phone on my account. I'm sure I can work out something...

M_A_C

IDK I just went to the upgrade site and her # is not eligible for a regular upgrade until 11/11/2012. I think $449 is the early upgrade price.

I have 2 fours a 4s and a dumb phone on my account. I'm sure I can work out something...

Thats when mine is up with AT&T also. I was just going to wait, but let us know if you found out something.

Husker86

I ordered my iPhone at 3:03am from Verizon. It had a shipping date of 9/21/2012 and now it says 10/05/2012 WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Do you have a pending charge from Verizon on your credit card? Mine said it would arrive by 9/21 when I ordered and just got the pending charge today. Where are you seeing the new date?

Which carrier? One of the reasons I'm waiting is under the assumption that I'd still be able to upgrade on time two years later.

elsk

Banned

I'm interested on this. Could you explain it a bit more? I have family in USA using ATT, so I can ask them to buy an iPhone 5 at "early upgrade price" and have it unlocked?

I'm interested on this. Could you explain it a bit more? I have family in USA using ATT, so I can ask them to buy an iPhone 5 at "early upgrade price" and have it unlocked?

They have to be out of their contract already, if they're not you may as well just wait for Apple to sell unlocked phones themselves.

Husker86

The early upgrade price still extends your contract so no, not until that new contract is up (2 years).

KingKong

man I'm loving the EarPods. they're so easy to put in and take out but they also stay in and fit super snug. I'll take comfort over outside noise cancelling and lower sound quality, especially at this price

Tabris

Well I found out I can have my carrier unlock my phone for $50, so I'll be lining up on Friday to get a phone. I just need to pay $50 to unlock it, so I'll do that when I'm ready to sell it after getting the iPhone 5S or before my vacation to europe depending on travel packages from my carrier.

snack

Well I found out I can have my carrier unlock my phone for $50, so I'll be lining up on Friday to get a phone. I just need to pay $50 to unlock it, so I'll do that when I'm ready to sell it after getting the iPhone 5S or before my vacation to europe depending on travel packages from my carrier.

Which carrier are you on? Telus?

NYR

Why not just save the $50 and wait two weeks and order online? Seems like a waste of money.

Just a couple small, neat visual flourishes I noticed in iOS6 on iPad:

- Book covers in iBooks now show part of the spine, very subtle but gives the books more of a 3D look on the shelves
- Magazine thumbnails in Newstand now have a slightly glossy, wavy finish

And its just fun as fuck browsing through the 3D maps. The detail is just insane. Really taxes the iPad 3, especially at that resolution, and you can tell its struggling fitting everything into the RAM. Should be alot smoother on the A6.

man I'm loving the EarPods. they're so easy to put in and take out but they also stay in and fit super snug. I'll take comfort over outside noise cancelling and lower sound quality, especially at this price

Sounds awesome. Glad they really invested the effort and money to rethink the earphones and improve them significantly.

Koodo

Banned
Are pre-orders exclusive to the online store? I'm wondering if everyone who plans to get the phone via the retail store will have to line up, or will there be people waltzing in with a pre-order receipt in hand?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
A few of those are quite valid, though.

I'm getting an iPhone 5 in October (unactivated at that!), but I really wish there was expandable storage, MicroHDMI, and a 128GB option.

I generally not an apple fan, but I came across this article on Yahoo (i know, i know).

"8 things the iPhone still can't do."
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/8-things-the-iphone-5-still-can-t-do.html

I dont know why I bothered, but hell, the last one made me chuckle. Yahoo really is like a tabloid.

Wow. There wasn't a single thing on that list I agree with or could give a shit about. I was hoping maybe the competition really had some great things going on that Apple would have to adopt or make their own take on. Guess not.

The original Order Status link
9nrDA.png

Originally shipping date was 9/21 but now it's blank

The Order Status link provided by via forums
aZBkJ.png

Any clue what this means?

Top Bottom