• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Why are you jumping on him? He stayed up late to preorder day 1 and is missing out. Obviously he's disappointed.

My orders went through at 3:24 and 3:26 after nearly 30 minute of trying to get through to Apple's overwhelmed servers. If, after all of that, they delayed my shipment until October 5 I'd be pissed.

Didn't mean to come off as jumping on him.. I just think getting to the level of 'pissed off' that you missed something by a few minutes is a bit extreme, that's all. I'd be upset, absolutely, but pissed off at a company is another thing all together.

Regardless, I'm sure it's all just a figure of speech at this point.

Husker86

Anyone who ordered on verizons website get any kind of shipping details yet? All my order says is "shipping on 9/21"
I got my tracking info email this morning, all set for 9/21 delivery. They have been slowly dishing out tracking info and there is still plenty of time for them to get more prepped.

Also, my order said the same thing before I got the tracking info.

I got my tracking info email this morning, all set for 9/21 delivery. They have been slowly dishing out tracking info and there is still plenty of time for them to get more prepped.

Also, my order said the same thing before I got the tracking info.

Thanks, I'm not overly concerned or anything about getting it day 1, just curious.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Mine finally showed up on UPS using the phone number method. It's in Kentucky. Not too long now! Due Friday by 3pm.

EDIT: Was able to set up UPS to email me updates on tracking, and when it's delivered. Nice.

I've been happy with Verizon's service for the past 6 years, but their website is truly the worst. Absolutely no indication that I've pre-ordered the phone when I go to my account. If I follow the email confirmation link, I get a notice that the order is "in progress," and has a ship date of 9/26, which is different from the email, which says the delivery date is 9/26. Also my card still has not been charged.

Basically, I have no idea when I'm getting this phone.

Dosia

If I cancel my order on thursday if its not changed, how long until I can go to the store and get it?

Why dont you just cancel at the store? I cant imagine it takes more then a few minutes to give you upgrade back. That is what I am planning on doing assuming the ATT store I visit actually has stock on Friday.

You excited?

image.php

Why dont you just cancel at the store? I cant imagine it takes more then a few minutes to give you upgrade back. That is what I am planning on doing assuming the ATT store I visit actually has stock on Friday.

The lady I talked to in the store said it takes some time for the pre order to cancel so their system will reject my attempt to get a phone in the store until the cancellation is fully processed so even if it takes a few minutes, what might occur is I wait a few minutes and the phones run out

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm thinking I won't get my phone on Friday. I'm 3rd on the list at Best Buy for a 64GB, but indications are saying they produced little of them. Everyone was ordering up the 16GB.

ChanHuk

Banned
The lady I talked to in the store said it takes some time for the pre order to cancel so their system will reject my attempt to get a phone in the store until the cancellation is fully processed so even if it takes a few minutes, what might occur is I wait a few minutes and the phones run out

I preordered a phone at AT&T and then picked one up at Apple. Went back to the AT&T store and they credited me the difference of contracted pricing and retail.

Dosia

I seriously doubt they wont hold it for you while you wait 15 minutes for the upgrade to refresh. That would be lame.

If you think about it, your reason for camping out is probably weirder than theirs. They want a phone, you want some kind of cultural exchange program with people who want a phone.

Not bagging on you, just made me laugh is all.

Not really. At least his goal might let him take something away from the experience, in terms of meeting some new people, psychological insight, seeing some weird shit, or anything. It's alot less weird than the purpose of waiting days in a lineup to buy something that isn't going anywhere, and which you can just walk into a store a few days later and pickup. If someone told me they were doing it for the experience, I could respect that. Just for the phone? Not so much.

andycapps

You excited?

image.php

Oh yeah, my contract's been up since June and my EVO is just old. It's still going strong, but I held off on the 4S and have been waiting for the 5. My wife couldn't wait and got the 4S back in May, but now she wants the 5 of course. I'm going to make her wait a couple months to show her how it was for me, though to a much worse extent, haha.

Oh, and Mac OS 10.8.2 is likely to come out tomorrow as well (it's the update that adds Facebook support and fixes the battery issues with Mountain Lion).

Zutroy

Tomorrow. Likely an AppleTV OS update too.

Cool, that'll give me something to do at work tomorrow!

--------------------

Another question about accessories. I'm thinking of getting a wireless dock. From reading review, it seem like the Jambox and the Bose SoundLink seem to come up best review wise. Anyone own either of them? There's about a £100 difference in price, does that show in quality?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It could have been MagSafe.
I don't know if that's a good idea.

I mean, you don't want a cable to pull a laptop off of a table so its original purpose was to prevent that from happening.

With a phone connector, however, you really don't want it to come lose so easily as there are plenty of situations where you want it to remain firmly connected.

Has it been confirmed if the iPhone 5 uses Gorilla Glass 2 or not? I've never used a case before but after drunkenly scratching my iPhone 4 a few months ago I'm considering getting a case this time. I'd hate to use one, though, even if I only put it on when I knew whiskey was on the menu...

Preordered Sunday from Sams Club for store pickup and just got the call to set up an appointment on Friday.

I thought I'd have to wait in line but hopefully I can breeze in at 8 a.m. and get my new iPhone since I have an appointment.

TheKurgan

Never had a iPhone before - what case was the most popular/best for the iPhone 4's? Looking for something that will save me $600 if the phone slips out of my hand. :p

Edit: leaning towards the Otterbox Commuter but have no idea if it's any good.

Does someone have a link where I can read what to do if I'm upgrading to a iphone 5 (from a 4S).
And have it ready to be all syned up and ready to go when I just switch my sim card into the iphone 5.

And can I use my 4S with my apple id but a different sim. just to use as a 2nd phone that is.

Thanks in advance everyone :)

wtf. att's phone order update says my order is back ordered. the website says processing and the chat rep says its not back ordered

It's been a while since I've pre-ordered an iPhone from ATT but I'm pretty sure it's order tracking was complete garbage. I wouldn't worry too much about what it says online if the rep says you're ok.

Top Bottom