• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

sounds fair.
So, to get back to my original question - a ... third party lightning -> headphone adapter with a better (non 'bottlenecking' DAC), that costs like ... 30$ should be possible then, right?

It's possible. Whether anyone would bother is another question. Apple is already selling a commodity part at a commodity price. If anything you might see them go down to a couple of dollars by off-brand third parties making a penny a unit.

There's far more money to be made in the ultra-premium and headphone spaces.

DOWN

Banned
Oh I mean just not direct light, like how visible would the scratches be in normal use.

? It looks like he's just in a room with overhead lights. My apartment has lighting like that in several places. Bright overhead lights. Also, the sun.

Pbae

I wasn't going to upgrade since my 6 is still chugging along but all those amazing photos in the thread have made me change my mind.

Guess I'll wait until they allow walk ins for the Plus in the Apple Store. Maybe by that time they might have resolved the hissing problem?

Is the matte black scratch prone if not using a case?

DOWN

Banned
Here's a hot question: on GAF mobile, my quoted images appear oriented correctly on GAF and also when I tap on them. Why, then, are they every direction except right side up when viewed on my computer on GAF (but still right side up when I click on them)?

But I do believe that Verizon will still work for any carrier since they're pretty much unlocked world phones. This was the case with the 6 and the 6s.

No idea about Sprint.

I learn something new everyday. So they have included all the radios. That's pretty neat in that case. Well damn if T-Mobile didn't have such bad service where I live I would switch my Verizon 6s+ over.

ZOONAMI

Does anyone know if I need to have Verizon to buy an iPhone 7 Verizon version in store through IUP or just the installment payments?

In store? I want I Verizon one and they have a 256gb black one and a 128gb silver and I want to use it on T-Mobile.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
In the past I noticed Best Buy sells their phones for $50 over the standard msrp.
Was that still true for you?

Answered my own question by looking at their website.
Unactivated (full price) phones still have a $50 premium.

Yes Att/T-Mobile phones are GSM. Sprint/Verizon are CDMA+GSM

So if I order an AT&T it will work, full featured, with T-Mobile out of the box?

Yes. All US phones are unlocked and SIM cards can go into any version.

Is the camera on the plus model that much better than the 7? I have a 7 but have a chance to exchange tomorrow for a plus.

Had 6 plus and 6S plus but the smaller form factor combined with battery case on the 7 is killing. Miss the bigger screen tho...

Mr Swine

Banned
Is the camera on the plus model that much better than the 7? I have a 7 but have a chance to exchange tomorrow for a plus.

Had 6 plus and 6S plus but the smaller form factor combined with battery case on the 7 is killing. Miss the bigger screen tho...

I think both have the same camera (sensor) but the plus model has a telephoto lens with the ordinary camera.

-griffy-

Banned
I think both have the same camera (sensor) but the plus model has a telephoto lens with the ordinary camera.

And the plus is also getting that depth of field update soon to blur the backgrounds more like a DSLR is capable of. The regular 7 isn't getting that since it doesn't have two lenses to pull depth information from.

ntropy

Oct 18th - 24th estimated delivery
mjcry1.png

Mr Swine

Banned
And the plus is also getting that depth of field update soon to blur the backgrounds more like a DSLR is capable of. The regular 7 isn't getting that since it doesn't have two lenses to pull depth information from.

Yeah that will be great, I do hope that Apple decreases the blur a bit and make the photos sharper if they have the same problem like iPhone 6 and 6s.

Oct 18th - 24th estimated delivery
mjcry1.png

At least you get to know your estimate, I don't know mine here in Sweden :(

Frustrating. Some reviews said it is an improvement at night. Who are we to believe? I've not seen much on Flickr yet of the iPhone 7. Are therw many good shots out there that anyone has seen?

My low light photos are 100% better than the 6S Plus. They're almost not even comparable. I honestly don't know what the article is talking about

My low light photos are 100% better than the 6S Plus. They're almost not even comparable. I honestly don't know what the article is talking about

Thanks for replying. Good to hear real world reports. It did seem like an odd article after so many good reports on its abilities.

Pbae

What kind of sick person am I that I'm excited for iPhone 2017 because of iPhone 7 Plus?

Dood can you imagine how much better the pictures will be with FOUR cameras!

I want there to actually be four cameras if it means cool stuff.

ZOONAMI

Camn you buy am unlocked phone through installment payments without activating with a carrier?

Same question for IUP? Their IUP reservation page says you need to activate with a carrier. I want to buy a Verizon version through installments unlocked and just pop in my T-Mobile sim.

icespide

Banned
Camn you buy am unlocked phone through installment payments without activating with a carrier?

Same question for IUP? Their IUP reservation page says you need to activate with a carrier. I want to buy a Verizon version through installments unlocked and just pop in my T-Mobile sim.

you definitely have to activate with a carrier when buying with IUP

Does anyone know if Apple stores will take trade-ins for the iPhone 6? I know you can do it online but I prefer to do it in person if possible. I'll be getting the Apple Watch, so I wouldn't mind a store credit for my iPhone 6.

Does anyone know if Apple stores will take trade-ins for the iPhone 6? I know you can do it online but I prefer to do it in person if possible. I'll be getting the Apple Watch, so I wouldn't mind a store credit for my iPhone 6.

Yes, but the credit has to be used towards the product at that moment. It's not a general use gift card

Well, good news is I think all of my iPhone 7 bugs are solved.

Bad news is it looks like I have to say goodbye to my iCloud backup. :( Hate losing stuff like messenger history (again) but bookmarks disappearing and messenger/twitter freezing seem to be incurable otherwise.

Really makes me wish there was a way to debug /piecemeal my backup though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Jet Black owners or pre-orders, don't look at this.

https://twitter.com/vladsavov/status/777953974628524032

:x

This is completely inevitable and it's something Jet Black owners will have to get used to. That shit scratches like a motherfucker. Ask anyone with a glossy black phone how theirs looked after a year.

But fortunately, after a while you won't give a damn anymore and embrace the scratchy look. Ruins a lot of the resale value though.

I got my wife a 32GB Rose Gold 7 and myself a 128GB Jet Black 7 Plus. Hers was delivered Friday and I was told mine will be 11/1-11/30. Which sucks, but whatever. (Oh, and I ordered through T-Mobile on their trade in deal).

So. Last Friday, she was at home, I was at work. Her phone hadn't shown up yet at about 3PM. I called T-Mobile to get a tracking number. The automated system gave me the number, but it didn't work on UPS's website, I probably got a digit wrong. Then I got a representative.

HIM: Looks like the order is in the warehouse, likely to be shipped out Monday or Tuesday.

ME: :mad: How can that be?? The automated line gave me a tracking number!

HIM: Oh, I'm sorry... you have two orders, I see. Yeah, the 32GB Rose Gold just got delivered two minutes ago, while you were on hold.

ME: Oh, okay, cool. Thanks! --hey wait... So does that mean the other order is the one you were looking at first, in the warehouse about to be shipped?

HIM: Let's see, yep, that one is a 128GB Jet Black 7 Plus.

Me: ! :D

...but now it's Monday and I haven't heard anything yet. The website still says "Being Processed". Hopefully soon!

Top Bottom