• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Fliesen

What do you mean by smashed in? Any pics?

i was just about to smugly point out that it's hard to take pictures of your iPhone's camera when often times, the iPhone is the only high quality camera someone owns.

then i realized that there's such a thing as a mirror ...

Did anyone else get a 7 plus with a yellowish screen? It's not a crazy amount of yellow but when I compare it to my 6 plus, the 6 plus looks much better and brighter.

I've been trying to fix it but the solutions I've found just talk about fucking around with some color tint setting, which I already tried, and doing a reset on the phone. Which would probably be a massive hassle considering I spent all day yesterday setting it up as a new phone and transferring all my stuff to it without a backup.

robotrock

Banned
I don't really have a camera to pull off such macro shots unfortunately. What does yours look like? It just appears half caved in- maybe it's just gunk in that hole?

i5sS145.jpg

Mine looks like this. I don't think it looks smashed in? If you look closely you can see a kind of pop screen texture on the mic.

So I'm starting to experience symptoms of "touch disease" with my iPhone 6+. Is Apple offering any kind of fix or replacement for this?

Because I'm a month away from my new iPhone 7+ being shipped to my Verizon store, and this shit is only getting worse, so it's likely to affect my trade-in value.

I really hope this doesn't happen as I just have my wife my 6+ and its still snappy enough for her use case.

Can someone confirm for me that the 7 plus vibrates like crazy when the stereo speakers are turned up to max? I'm just making sure it's something that normal, and not some sort of crazy defect. I am not complaining, but my actual diagnosed ocd won't let me drop it.

Mobius 1

Can someone confirm for me that the 7 plus vibrates like crazy when the stereo speakers are turned up to max? I'm just making sure it's something that normal, and not some sort of crazy defect. I am not complaining, but my actual diagnosed ocd won't let me drop it.

Yes, there is some audio induced vibration. I suppose with such large metallic surface and little room for internal sound dampening that would be the case. For what's worth, I did not notice any sound distortion because of it.

manakel

Yes, I noticed that today too. I'm assuming it's normal?

It does. I don't mind it. Just how sound waves work lol.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
iPad Air 2 is the same deal. I don't know how annoying it can get with a phone, but you get used to it

Fletcher

Purchased a pair of Jaybird Freedoms the other day, but have yet to open them. The price I spent on them I figure I may as well and get the airpods. Now I can't wait. Let's go apple.

Crazyorloco

Went to best buy to check out the wireless headphones....

WTF they are expensive. I walked right out. The cheapest ones were like $40 (gumy brand). Most of them were over $100. I'm so use to buying some $7-10 headphones and not worrying about if I lose them or if they break.

I'm going to have to do some research on quality wireless headphones before I spent over $100 on them.

Ceres

Banned
Went to best buy to check out the wireless headphones....

WTF they are expensive. I walked right out. The cheapest ones were like $40 (gumy brand). Most of them were over $100. I'm so use to buying some $7-10 headphones and not worrying about if I lose them or if they break.

I'm going to have to do some research on quality wireless headphones before I spent over $100 on them.

Just get cheap Bluetooth ones off Amazon. I have ones like these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DQTPSQM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Enzom21

It's the new top speaker. If you put your finger over it the vibration diminishes.

NYR

Yep, the problem of having a super thin device is the speaker vibration is dampened throughout the body and you feel it everywhere. The iPad Air was the WORST for this. It actually hurt your hands if you were watching a movie or something long.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Not trying to sound like an elitist douche; but I don't know how people can stand the pack-in earbuds; let alone $7 JVC Gummies and the like.

99% of buds and phones under $30 are just pure shit. But if you're willing to spend $50 or so, you can experience a massive improvement.

breakfuss

Yeah I was in denial initially...but I have to admit I miss my 6. Maybe I just have small fetus hands unlike the rest of you giants. I miss using this thing one handed. Welp here's to hoping another week helps me adjust.

finalflame

Yeah I was in denial initially...but I have to admit I miss my 6. Maybe I just have small fetus hands unlike the rest of you giants. I miss using this thing one handed. Welp here's to hoping another week helps me adjust.

And this is why I got a 7 instead of the 7+. I like using my phone with one hand and it was enough adapting from the OG/3G/4/5 to the 6. Never going to the Plus.

Animator

I am going back and forth. I bought the 7 yesterday but I keep coveting the bigger size and better camera of the 7+ so I think I will return the 7 and get the 7+.

Top Bottom