• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Moreche

Been using my 7 Plus for two days now and to think I was ready to return this for the 7 because of the size.
It's amazing how easy you get used to the size.
I find myself using the plus like a small iPad. The battery is something I can never give up now and the new camera is just icing on the cake.
Only problem is I want the jet black now so I may return it and wait for it to come in.

Fliesen

honestly, i couldn't go back to a physical home button anymore.

the haptic feedback is great - but even greater is the feeling that i'm not wearing out a mechanical button.

Oh, also kinda "lost" my headphone dongle in the couch cushions today. (took me 15 minutes to find it) ... can't wait for those proper W1 wireless headphones to be available.

Hustler

Been using my 7 Plus for two days now and to think I was ready to return this for the 7 because of the size.
It's amazing how easy you get used to the size.
I find myself using the plus like a small iPad. The battery is something I can never give up now and the new camera is just icing on the cake.
Only problem is I want the jet black now so I may return it and wait for it to come in.

The jet black version will only cost you $1500-$1700 on ebay, that's a steal...

Sh0k

Anybody got in the mail the instructions to send back your phone to ATT for the rebate/offer? I just got a bubble wrap envelope with a return label to send the phone back to them. I don't think that bubble wrap is going to protect the phone.

mrkgoo

honestly, i couldn't go back to a physical home button anymore.

the haptic feedback is great - but even greater is the feeling that i'm not wearing out a mechanical button.

Oh, also kinda "lost" my headphone dongle in the couch cushions today. (took me 15 minutes to find it) ... can't wait for those proper W1 wireless headphones to be available.

I thought th click would be like the trackpad on the newer MBP, which 100% feels like a button.

Then I heard reports about it, and they said it just feels like haptic, so I was disheartened. Then I got to try it for myself.

It's sort of in between. When held in a particular way, it absolutely feels like a button - but it never feels like you're clicking the button itself, more like the whole phone.

I don't mind it.

Xion385

I got my phone, friends. I was just casually browsing Best Buy mobile to look for a cellphone upgrade for my Galaxy S5 and someone called and cancelled their preorder. It's a 128 GB 7 Plus Matte Black.

I'm pretty thrilled and excited. How is everyone liking theirs so far?

Also, is there anyway to turn off the haptic feedback for the home button?

samn

I got my phone, friends. I was just casually browsing Best Buy mobile to look for a cellphone upgrade for my Galaxy S5 and someone called and cancelled their preorder. It's a 128 GB 7 Plus Matte Black.

no but you can make it lighter in settings

DarkJC

My Jet Black 128GB 7 Plus arrived today. My first time trying the Plus, wanted to live with it for a year to really see for myself which size I prefer.

Jet Black feels incredible. The (literally) cool feeling to the touch of the smooth finish as you tear the plastic cover off it, along with the satisfying weight of the phone make it feel incredibly premium. I bought in with open eyes expecting fingerprint smudges and "micro-abrasions" and now that it's in my hands I really don't regret it. There's been nothing like this finish before.

Still getting used to the plus size as I set it up. I can already tell one handed use for me is going to be a challenge if it's even possible, will definitely need to embrace using reachability that I mostly ignored on my 6/6S. But so far I'm loving the bigger screen.

ESBL

Ugh, I'm so scared of something like this happening. I'm going to ask if I can just take my phone to the carrier store.

It was supposed to arrive last Friday, the tracking just says departed post office. So at least I have proof that I sent it in.

DOWN

Banned
Peel case is like a thin flexible plastic right? Like TPU?

Those materials are a bitch compared to silicone or microfiber linings if a grain of sand gets in there

Sh0k

So I think USPS lost my iPhone that I sent in as a trade in.

Did you receive the smallest bubble wrap envelope to send your phone from ATT? I'm debating into packing my phone in a box and send it with some kind of insurance.

I have heard a lot of 6 users thought the performance was worth the upgrade. It would be a good idea to see how it performs in person.

Yes, the hiss is a thing, but I have to go out of my way to hear it. I have to hold the phone backwards to my ear in a completely silent room to hear it. Even then, it is a faint sound.

Exactly. It's really a non-issue to me.

ESBL

Did you receive the smallest bubble wrap envelope to send your phone from ATT? I'm debating into packing my phone in a box and send it with some kind of insurance.

I reused the box that T-Mobile sent my 7 in, wrapped it in bubble wrap and sent it on its way. This is why I throw out jury summons, because they have no proof that USPS delivered it or lost it!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I've got the peel case so I'm thinking of a screen protector. The thing I hate about them is they never go all the way to the edge so they stick out a lot when just looking at the device.

Are there any that blend in better?

WTF,

my Jet Black 7 Plus was supposed to ship from 9/19 to 9/26.

The order is still processing. Thanks T-Mobile.

Mine "shipped" on Saturday with overnight delivery but no actual tracking information has been added, just "label created" since Saturday. I was in the same window as you.

Welcome back to god tier 0ptimus, should be standard issue for us Steeler fans
while we mourn the Eagles game

So happy they lost!

You paid $50 more than retail, which is not too thrilling in my opinion.

I reused the box that T-Mobile sent my 7 in, wrapped it in bubble wrap and sent it on its way. This is why I throw out jury summons, because they have no proof that USPS delivered it or lost it!

Wait, seriously, you can do this?!? You've never gotten in trouble? How many times have you done this? Maybe they keep sending you summons' because you keep ignoring them lol.

j-wood

Guys I'm at a loss and am super frustrated. This is my first iPhone, so when I created my apple ID i used my existing gmail account.

I would like to create an iCloud email account, so I go to "Settings > iCloud > Mail"

This tells me I need to create a free iCloud e-mail, fine. I put in a user name that isn't taken, and then it just says "Problem turning on mail, try again later".

It's done this for 3 days.

Animator

Again reminder that if you have a apple store near you download and check the iphone stock throughout the day. The store near me got a couple 128/248gb 7+'s today even though it was showing out of stock all morning. They update that app pretty much realtime so you can place an order when you see one and go pick it up half an hour later.

cchum

Guys I'm at a loss and am super frustrated. This is my first iPhone, so when I created my apple ID i used my existing gmail account.

I would like to create an iCloud email account, so I go to "Settings > iCloud > Mail"

This tells me I need to create a free iCloud e-mail, fine. I put in a user name that isn't taken, and then it just says "Problem turning on mail, try again later".

Maybe try turning on push?
Per this article:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203528

Or maybe it is taken, the last post on this topic:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/problem-turning-on-mail-icloud-com.1406736/

breakfuss

Yooooo...so I just tried the live photo feature and it's all kinds of awesome. Hahaha. Like seriously this is cool as hell. I'm not sure how I even made my photos do it. Guessing it's by default? Haven't tested.

My phone hasn't shipped.

Do I still qualify for the free iPhone 7 by trading in iphone 6?|

I pre-ordered it on 9/9

Not sure who your carrier is but AT&T only stipulates that you order before the 30th I believe. After you receive the phone I think you have 14 days to send it in so you should be good. Don't quote me on that though, call your carrier to verify.

randome

Anyone try those screen protectors that cover the whole screen? How are they? Do they interfere with cases? Thanks for the info!

Betty

Banned
Anyone try those screen protectors that cover the whole screen? How are they? Do they interfere with cases? Thanks for the info!

Honestly not worth it, I tried a few and not only did they all leave bubble/s at the edges but it simply made the screen look a little hazy and washed out.

Get a case though definitely worth buying.

ESBL

Wait, seriously, you can do this?!? You've never gotten in trouble? How many times have you done this? Maybe they keep sending you summons' because you keep ignoring them lol.

I haven't had a warrant out for me ever, my mailing address also isn't my place of residence.

Vyer

under Settings>iCloud, is the Mail button turned on? (not the mail option at the bottom, the button on the list).

are you creating an email with @icloud as the address?

Holy crap, I had an estimate of getting my 7 Plus 128 GB from Best Buy of like 10/28-11/4 and it just shipped.

Anyone have any opinions on any of the Tech 21 cases? I'm looking at the Evo Check one currently. Had some good luck with those cases on my 6.

ntropy

Holy crap, I had an estimate of getting my 7 Plus 128 GB from Best Buy of like 10/28-11/4 and it just shipped.

Anyone have any opinions on any of the Tech 21 cases? I'm looking at the Evo Check one currently. Had some good luck with those cases on my 6.
which provider?

hEist

couldn't resist, purchased it a couple minutes ago and can pick it up in 4h!

question: trade in in-store still possible, when I pick up the new one or how does this work?

Hustler

Honestly not worth it, I tried a few and not only did they all leave bubble/s at the edges but it simply made the screen look a little hazy and washed out.

Get a case though definitely worth buying.

I'm a big fan of zagg protectors. Lifetime guarantee, no questions asked exchange policy if you drop the phone and get gouges, hairline scratches, etc. I've been using them on every iPhone I've owned and my wife's for over 6 years. We've never had a cracked or scuffed screen during the life our phones(2 years for each one). Well worth the cost and screen picture quality isn't hindered.

I've replaced mine after year simply because it started to look dingy, just paid shipping.

Aske

Still waiting on my Jet Black 256 GB to ship. Have a shipping estimate of Sep. 30 - Oct. 7. :/

That's the same model as me, but I ordered it a couple of days after the phone launched. I don't expect to get it before November, but the 256 isn't so popular, so who knows...I kind of like knowing it could arrive any time in the next month.

Mr Swine

Banned
I'm getting pissed that I know nothing of when my Matte black iPhone 7 plus 128GB is coming. On my carriers homepage where you can buy phones it says more than 5 weeks. I really really hope it means for those who want to buy the phone and not people like me that ordered the phone the day the pre orders went online

32GB Matte Black (AT&T via apple) just changed to "preparing for shipment" with an ETA of 10/4 - 10/10.

Finally. My 6+ is well on its way out with a cracked screen and 30 minute ragefeast trying to get it to charge.

Just one more week of this hell 🙌

Ianan

People with 32GB's of storage, how you finding it?
I'm generally not a heavy user but I can see myself taking lots of pictures on this new iPhone which could fill up the space fast. Anyone struggling with space on their 32's?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm generally not a heavy user but I can see myself taking lots of pictures on this new iPhone which could fill up the space fast. Anyone struggling with space on their 32's?

Cloud storage is your friend. 32GB should do you fine if you use the Power Of The Cloud. Cloud music, cloud photos, cloud books, cloud everything.

samn

Use iCloud Photo Library. Once you start running out of space, it compresses the photos on-device and redownloads when you go to look at them.

I have 11GB worth, typically compresses down to 1-2 GBs

May be a bit OT, but since this thread is active I'll ask here.

I met a guy while shopping last night. He asked me about a job opportunity that I may be interested. He called me today, and I missed it. I call back but went to voicemail. His voicemail number was different than his actual number. Do people do that if they lose their phones or something? He def has an iPhone.

Thanks

Chao

Use iCloud Photo Library. Once you start running out of space, it compresses the photos on-device and redownloads when you go to look at them.

I have 11GB worth, typically compresses down to 1-2 GBs

I'm super scared of iCloud Photo Library because because I know that if I delete a photo on my iPhone it will be deleted everywhere else, and I don't want that, I want all the pictures in my computer, even the shitty ones. That's the only backup I can trust

Top Bottom