• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

manakel

Too late, he touched it!

free_texture_friday_616-1024x682.jpg
LOL yep exactly. Jet Black looks stunning and the pictures posted are making me feel some type of way. However, I know myself, and I would be so hyper-focused on making sure I didn't scratch it. I'm perfectly content with my matte black (which I have a case on, anyway), and I don't regret not waiting for jet black at all.

Animator

Never had a problem. That's what apple care is for. I used my iphone 6 naked since release and there is not a single scratch on it.

KtSlime

Still waiting for mine, I think Japan is low priority for Apple this year. I've never been made to wait this long for an iPhone.

mrkgoo

Still prefer matte black. Super sexy. Don't like jet at all. But it doesn't matter as my phones live in their case to add grip and thickness.

Finally got a chance to see the jet black in person.

I think the matte black looks way better.

I had an iPhone 3G in glossy black and a slate black iPhone 5.

Whaaaaaat the fuck. My phone was at my local UPS facility for delivery on Monday, and suddenly the tracking number has it all the way back in South Korea (having arrived there yesterday) with no history of anything past that point.

Like, ?????????????????

AgeEighty

Jet Black is something I enjoy looking at.... But owning one would scare me.

Yep. As soon as I heard about the scratchability I opted for matte Black. And it's not just because I worry about scratches: I'm also thinking that finish is likely over time to wear off around the contact points including the buttons, ringer switch, and Lightning port.

I just received my iPhone 7 Plus in Black today (UPS somehow got it all the way from Anchorage, AK on Friday afternoon to my door at 9:30 Saturday morning), and I'm just floored by how beautiful it is. It's so fast and responsive, and the finish is positively gorgeous. I know I made the right choice for me.

DOWN

Banned
Idk I prefer matte black. Something a little sinister to me about it. Like a rogue motorcycle to the Jet Black's coupe. Both gorgeous to me.

But damn I can't make myself pretend that the appeal the phone has when its new and has a perfect mirror polish will still be there when the phone has a few microabrsions I can see. Scratched jet black and Jet Black are different experiences to me but kudos to y'all who's standards accept them as equal

Rambaldi

I ordered mine through AT&T yesterday (7+, 256gb) and it won't ship for like 4 weeks apparently. It says "preparing to ship" but I doubt that's even remotely accurate.

I went for the biggest model because I had the 16gb 6+ for two years. At the time I thought it would be fine but I've had to micromanage to have at least 2gb free at all times so much that I hate this phone now. Not dealing with this again.

I also went with the matte because fingerprints drive me insane. Now I play the waiting game.

hwalker84

Alright, I've officially been using my iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black for two full days. This is the 128GB model on AT&T - and for anyone who is waiting as anxiously as they can, trust me when I say this: it'll be worth the wait.

29277451034_6fdf3202e8_b.jpg

29277451564_5994c39f33_b.jpg

Seriously - as soon as I took the glossy-finished phone out of the box, I knew I had made the right choice. Sure, matte black still looks great - I have a couple friends with matte black "regular" 7 phones, and I have to admit they look very sharp, and the color is a massive jump up from the progressively duller "Space Gray" we've been getting the last few years.

But it just doesn't compare to Jet Black. Period. I haven't been a fan of the Plus design since its inception - huge bezels, crazy chin, ugly antenna lines, and that camera bump made for a phone that just wasn't up to the same standard as the industry-shaking 4 or the sublime 5. The truth is, a lot of the flaws in regard to size are still there - and no doubt, with the Note 7, Samsung is finally right there - neck and neck - with Apple's phone design. But man, this color just pushes it over the edge. I mean, it feels so.damn.nice and looks so.damn.sleek in hand. You guys are going to be blown away.

Yep, it's gonna scratch like a motherfucker. And yes, the fingerprints that cover this just won't disappear unless you intentionally clean it after every use. For many, this color will make no sense. And for those it does interest, many of those will still use a case. But for those crazy people who want to use this case-less, and know what they're getting into, I think they'll be pleased.

The Dodge Challenger Hellcat is a 707 horsepower car that costs $70,000, has terrible traction, is heavy, is long, has no aerodynamics, can't turn, and is hard to drive. And one of my favorite reviews stated something along the lines of this: "Most anyone will call you a dumbass for buying a Hellcat - saying it's stupid and you clearly don't know anything. The truth is, anyone buying a Hellcat knows EXACTLY what they're getting."

Fixed

Moreche

After getting advice whether to exchange my 7 Plus for a smaller 7 after buying it yesterday, I've decided to keep it after owning it for one day.
The screen, battery, camera are just far to good to give up, yes I'll agree the size and weight is off-putting but the usability is just so ahead of the 7.
I pickup my wife's 6 and I love the size and weight but I just can't give up the battery and screen.
I'm just trying to justify the £49 and tariff each month for IUP.

So I'm starting to experience symptoms of "touch disease" with my iPhone 6+. Is Apple offering any kind of fix or replacement for this?

Because I'm a month away from my new iPhone 7+ being shipped to my Verizon store, and this shit is only getting worse, so it's likely to affect my trade-in value.

samn

Wtf is a touch disease

Slight bending over time facilitated by the weaker material used in the 6 and 6 Plus causes some component related to the capacitative to come loose resulting in a screen that has issues responding to touch.

Afaik Apple won't do anything for you.

Last night I got a text from my credit card company that they canceled a charge from Verizon for my phone because the cost was so high. I called Verizon to see if everything went through and they said it is fine but not charge on my card yet. FML X___X

Yeah right before it ships

edit -

I just got an email from verizon letting me change my payment for the order. It charged me now so hopefully this doesn't affect the ship date!

So I am getting no notifications from apps on my phone anymore, but it shows enabled in both the app and in notification settings. Anyone else having this problem?

Animator

Really liking this phone. First time I used 3d touch as my 6 didn't have it and finding it super useful.

Does anyone else think the headphones it comes with are total shit. My old apple headphones sound a million times better with the headphone adapter than the lighting headphones it came with.

robotrock

Banned
Really liking this phone. First time I used 3d touch as my 6 didn't have it and finding it super useful.

Does anyone else think the headphones it comes with are total shit. My old apple headphones sound a million times better with the headphone adapter than the lighting headphones it came with.

I honestly thought they sound better than the old ones but maybe they're just louder and I'm insane

After getting advice whether to exchange my 7 Plus for a smaller 7 after buying it yesterday, I've decided to keep it after owning it for one day.
The screen, battery, camera are just far to good to give up, yes I'll agree the size and weight is off-putting but the usability is just so ahead of the 7.
I pickup my wife's 6 and I love the size and weight but I just can't give up the battery and screen.
I'm just trying to justify the £49 and tariff each month for IUP.

I'm on the opposite camp with my 7 black. Apple Store holding a 7P in black for me. I have the 7 with the battery case. With this case the battery outlasts the 7P I feel.

Fliesen

some guys on here (or in the iOS thread) were reporting bluetooth issues.

After having to take a break from running for a few weeks due to a cold, i went on my first run in weeks today,
fwiw, i didn't notice my cheapo 20$ aukey bluetooth earbuds having any connection issues during the 60 minute run.

Yikes this doesn't sound good

Strakt

Maybe he accidentally put his jet black iPhone on his desk once and got like ten scratches on it, or something.

Ive been using mine for 2 days caseless (taking it to the gym as well) and dont have any scratches YET just fingerprints

Top Bottom