• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

kaskade

Case shipped today. No tracking number showing through FedEx yet but apple is saying delivered tomorrow so I'm excited. I'll post some impressions when it get it. Saddle brown for the 7+

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've officially been using my Jet Black 7 Plus without a case for a full week. While it does show fingerprints like a mother, I'm happy fo report I have no scratches - and even in direct sunlight, no serious "microabrasions."

It will scratch. No doubt. And a lot. But for now, it's holding up better than I expected; knock on wood.

Just FYI.

Typical use is sitting in a jeans pocket, sitting on a desk, being sat on a treadmill to watch while I run, and thrown in a cup holder when driving.

Why on earth do you need that many songs at once?

For lots of reasons. Because I still like almost all the music I've bought. I want to be surprised when I decide to have random on. I don't like having to go into iTunes and select which artists, playlist, or album I want to listen to in advance. I don't know what kind of mood I'll be throughout the day for which album I want to listen to. And so on. Why restrict myself?

I think the new home button is definitely one the biggest improvements for I can open my phone or switch apps without having to give it what feels like a massive button press on the 6 plus now.

You must really like music on the go.

What headphones do you listen with your iPhone?

My latest purchase was a Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 but for the most part I just use some bang and olufsen ear buds.

I'm on the subways almost everyday, maybe in 10 years NYC will have wifi in the actual subway trains

This is also a big reason I like to keep a lot of my music downloaded to my phone.

Do you back up the cloud or on your pc? If the cloud, how much do you pay for the extra storage?

I have my backups on my 512 GB MBP. Although, I'm thinking about switching over to my Hackintosh since space is becoming an issue on my Macbook too.

You must really like music on the go.

What headphones do you listen with your iPhone?

I currently am using Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9 headphones. I'm probably going to be getting the Sony MDR-1000X once it's released.

I'm on the subways almost everyday, maybe in 10 years NYC will have wifi in the actual subway trains

This is another reason I opt for storage. I don't want to rely on using Verizon to access all of my music.

It came!

14435138_10155260447198032_7943442016411169997_o.jpg

BearPawB

Banned

sure, but do you really listen to ALL Of it?

I download a playlist of my most listened to stuff at the moment so i don't use data while driving around.

I just don't feel like I need every album i own downloaded to my phone at all times anymore.

I download a playlist of my most listened to stuff at the moment so i don't use data while driving around.

I just don't feel like I need every album i own downloaded to my phone at all times anymore.

I don't need every single song from my library on my phone, although I'd like that, but I have a big collection of music with a ton of variety. On a long flight I like having the ability to be able to listen to as much of that as possible.

Onyar

Just try it at the store and I will skip this model mainly for the home button.
I loved the appearance of the mate black but as I said hated the button, probably it's a matter to get used to, but I tried a long time for my standards and I didn't like it in any of the three press levels. At the other side I loved the 6s of 32gb, did they actually changed something about the phone or just upgraded the memory?

Guess Who

Banned
Just try it at the store and I will skip this model mainly for the home button.
I loved the appearance of the mate black but as I said hated the button, probably it's a matter to get used to, but I tried a long time for my standards and I didn't like it in any of the three press levels. At the other side I loved the 6s of 32gb, did they actually changed something about the phone or just upgraded the memory?

Yeah, the home button is honestly the biggest flaw of the 7 to me. Hate how it feels. Reminds me of shitty capacitive buttons on old Android phones. Hope it's just a stopgap till they drop the home button completely next year.

The only difference in the 6S is that it now starts at $549 and comes in 32 and 128GB flavors rather than 16/64/128.

friend who was est oct 4 - 10 just got a dispatch notification and tracking number... but it says estimated delivery is in 8 days. wtf lmao

where could it be coming from?

Aiii

So not worth it
You will get used to the button in a matter of days, I have used all kinds of phones with all manner of buttons and non-buttons and I have soon come to realize it doesn't matter one bit.

kaskade

I was weirded out by the home button at first but now when I use the real button on my iPad it feels like cheap shit

I actually felt the same way when I used someone's 6s the other day. It actually threw me off. The taptic "click" is so consistent and smooth feeling now.

I think the new home button feels fine although let's talk again when it's the middle of winter and I'm not wearing capacitive gloves.

I think it perfectly fits their goal to encourage touch ID use. In which case capacitive gloves really do nothing to help anyway...(if you just want to view your notifications you can tilt the phone up, but unfettered access is going to need your fingerprint)

I think it perfectly fits their goal to encourage touch ID use. In which case capacitive gloves really do nothing to help anyway...(if you just want to view your notifications you can tilt the phone up, but unfettered access is going to need your fingerprint)

Or enter your password w/ the touch-glove

why did they fuck up the music app but leave the podcasts app in perfect condition

why are there two different media player interfaces but they're both official

aaah

Obviously I'm not listening to thousands of songs every subway ride, I just like the option of having instant access

VoxPop

Still waiting on my 7 Plus shipment but getting a case beforehand. Is the Peel the most recommended right now? I used to have the Apple leather case on my 6/6S and wouldn't mind getting the same one for the Plus. I don't really need much protection aside from scratches and usually keep my phones in pristine condition. So the thinner the better.

Rambaldi

Obviously I'm not listening to thousands of songs every subway ride, I just like the option of having instant access

This is how I feel. I don't know why the idea of having my whole music collection with me is odd. Sometimes I just get the desire to listen to something and I want it when I want it. I'm not always able to get to my PC especially if I'm out of town.

Still waiting on my 7 Plus shipment but getting a case beforehand. Is the Peel the most recommended right now? I used to have the Apple leather case on my 6/6S and wouldn't mind getting the same one for the Plus. I don't really need much protection aside from scratches and usually keep my phones in pristine condition. So the thinner the better.

I went for a Spigen Liquid Crystal. Its a soft and transparent case. Seems nice. I'll tell you what it's like on my iPhone 7 Plus when it arrives in 500 years.

Erebus

Having both the 7 and the 6 side to side, I noticed that the screen colors are warmer on the 7. Is that normal?

Top Bottom