• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

VoxPop

I saw a 32GB Matte Black 7 Plus available on istocklive so I just ordered it for pickup. Sad that I gotta cancel my 128GB but it's better than waiting till Oct 17-21 imo. Woohoo!

Crazyorloco

Some dude's selling a matte black 32GB on craigslist for $650, I'm meeting him in an hour to buy it

Hopefully I don't die

Keep us posted. Good luck, stuff like this make me nervous. That sounds like a great deal though.

Really happy with the leather case. It's lighter than I thought in terms of weight. Thinner as well so it feels really good on the phone. Im so used to phones being either plastic or metal that it's a weird sensation holding it.

The apple one? yeah I like it a lot. It looks and feels classy. The only con for me is it feels a little slippery, so when I pull it out of my pocket I have to be cautious a bit.

Dude tried to sell me a 6S and pass it off as a 7 lol

Nah I'm jk, put my ATT sim and it worked, left, and now I'm restoring from my backup

Dude tried to sell me a 6S and pass it off as a 7 lol

Nah I'm jk, put my ATT sim and it worked, left, and now I'm restoring from my backup

That's great. You got the phone at retail and you don't pay tax.

What was his reason for selling the iPhone 7? He could've returned it for full at some places.

Got my 128GB iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black yesterday. This is the first Plus model I have bought. I have to say I am enjoying the larger display more so then I thought I would. The speed on it seems better then my iPhone 6. I also really like how apps like Facebook are displayed on my resolution size a lot better over the 6.

After playing with it, I turned off the Haptics feature on it since I don't want the thing to vibrate a lot.

Keep us posted. Good luck, stuff like this make me nervous. That sounds like a great deal though.

The apple one? yeah I like it a lot. It looks and feels classy. The only con for me is it feels a little slippery, so when I pull it out of my pocket I have to be cautious a bit.

It's slippery at first. That coating will wear soon enough and you'll get good grip on it. First one was that way too.

Swag

If I purchase a phone using the in-store pickup but miss my pickup date/time will they hold the phone for me or sell it to someone else?

tmdorsey

Got my 128GB iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black yesterday. This is the first Plus model I have bought. I have to say I am enjoying the larger display more so then I thought I would. The speed on it seems better then my iPhone 6. I also really like how apps like Facebook are displayed on my resolution size a lot better over the 6.

After playing with it, I turned off the Haptics feature on it since I don't want the thing to vibrate a lot.

"seems better?" This phone is blazing compared to my old 6. I'm really liking it. Still adjusting to the larger form factor though when holding and using it.

Put it on craigslist and sell it? What advice do you need, the whole benefit of iphones is you can sell them pretty much instantly for a good price. I sold my 6 today just now for 500$, I got it for $900 on release. I literally got like 40 emails in the span of 30 minutes after I put it up for sale. Don't think you will have any problem selling yours either.
Wow, OK. I had no idea! I've never used Craigslist before, I've always just handed my phone down to a friend. I just wanted to recoup the costs on this one because it cost me $360 to use for a month when my 6+ died inexplicably (just wouldn't turn on) last month.

Namikaze

Put it on craigslist and sell it? What advice do you need, the whole benefit of iphones is you can sell them pretty much instantly for a good price. I sold my 6 today just now for 500$, I got it for $900 on release. I literally got like 40 emails in the span of 30 minutes after I put it up for sale. Don't think you will have any problem selling yours either.

Wait, what? I have my i6s+ 64GB up for $500 on swappa and no one cares. Maybe if I try Craigslist or even amazon I'll get more and have better luck.

Animator

Wait, what? I have my i6s+ 64GB up for $500 on swappa and no one cares. Maybe if I try Craigslist or even amazon I'll get more and have better luck.

Yea I never had a problem selling anything on craigslist in the 8+ years I have been using it. Yes you will get the "I am getting this for my daughter in Africa, whats your paypal I will pay you more than the asking price" scam emails but those are easy to weed out.

If I purchase a phone using the in-store pickup but miss my pickup date/time will they hold the phone for me or sell it to someone else?

Realistically it's held for three hours after your time or until the end of the day before it goes back into general stock

"seems better?" This phone is blazing compared to my old 6. I'm really liking it. Still adjusting to the larger form factor though when holding and using it.

Yes seems better. I am not one to shower a new toy with any high form of praise before I actually break into the device.

Getting a handle on the larger size is something to get use to though. At least I found the perfect casing for it. The case came with a screen cover and protective casing all in one. If anyone here has had to meticulously put a glass or plastic cover over the glass they know just how tedious it can be.

Got the saddle brown case and it looks beautiful with the matte black

CBY0mUP.jpg

aER0gcl.jpg

VoxPop

My first time with the Plus. Great display and lightning quick like I expected. Got a lot of tinkering to do still. Going naked for a bit and eagerly awaiting jailbreak :)

TFlat

Has anyone purchased one of those dual charge/earphone ports yet? I see there are a bunch around on Amazon but very few have any actual reviews yet...

Ninja Dom

Ok!! The good news is that Apple has shipped my Jet Black, 128GB regular size. The slightly bad news is that they're delivery date is 10/10. A week and a half away. Boo!

Deku Tree

My phone is coming Monday but my otter box case ordered in day 1 is coming who knows when. Otterbox said Sept 30 delivery when I ordered. Now they just say it comes when it's gonna come and we can't give you any information about probably delivery dates. RIP.

That's great. You got the phone at retail and you don't pay tax.

What was his reason for selling the iPhone 7? He could've returned it for full at some places.
Has to be stolen. Otherwise he's a moron for selling it at face value. Stock is limited (at least in Canada) and people would pay a premium for it. He probably just wanted to sell it asap so that he didn't have to worry about it being tracked to him or something.

Blackhead

Redarse
Has to be stolen. Otherwise he's a moron for selling it at face value. Stock is limited (at least in Canada) and people would pay a premium for it. He probably just wanted to sell it asap so that he didn't have to worry about it being tracked to him or something.

An alternative suggestion: the person bought the iPhone on contract (probably using one of the promotions available just for the iPhone 7 launch) and is reselling to 'save money' with an older phone or get another phone not offered by his carrier. Selling it a face value ensures quickly finding buyer who doesn't provide any hassles.

Ps even in Canada the matte black 7 is easy to find in stock. It's the jet black/7+ that's going for extra on resale sites.

My phone is coming Monday but my otter box case ordered in day 1 is coming who knows when. Otterbox said Sept 30 delivery when I ordered. Now they just say it comes when it's gonna come and we can't give you any information about probably delivery dates. RIP.

Serves you right for using an Otterbox.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got my new Apple Watch in and am liking it a lot. I have noticed that Facebook messenger doesn't work very well on it. The app on the watch seems to freeze a bit and doesn't catch all my messages.

Rambaldi

My phone randomly got marked as shipped this morning and has a USPS tracking number but it doesn't work yet. I'm in California and my order was supposed to ship Oct 21-28. I wonder how long it'll take to get here?

Hustler

Just received my IPhone 7+ 256gb matte black yesterday, came 3 weeks early! Loving it so far compared to my IPhone 6+, you can definitely tell the speed difference of the processor. Haven't been able to mess around with the phone too much, but the 3D touch features are a game changer for me.

Can anyone recommend a few phone cases with a durable kickstand? Also, what're some good website for wallpapers?

AkumaNiko

Is $950 a good asking price for an Iphone 7 128gb Jet Black? Thinking of selling the one i got since im keeping the plus matte black (the JB is not a plus)

Speed differences between my 7+ and my old 6 are pretty remarkable. Lots of little things that just happen instantaneously (it helps that I moved to 256GB from my nearly full 128GB - iOS starts getting weird and slow when there isn't much free space left because it sort of uses it as a scratchpad, IIRC).

However, 3D Touch definitely introduces some new artificially slow stuff - I changed the sensitivity to require the hardest pressing possible, but when I'm doing a long touch it still feels like the system is trying to figure out whether it's a 'touch' or a 'press' - that makes it slower to e.g. save images from Safari/Twitter, and makes it feel like the OS is hanging for a second or so whenever I try. Also, rearranging homescreen icons.

Agree 100%. Did changing the settings help?

Top Bottom