• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

kaskade

picked up the Apple Leather case yesterday, definitely improved over last year in build quality and still the classiest case to use

The new buttons are great too, doesn't feel like you're just mushing a case into the button, adds very little thickness which I was worried about. It is a little slippery, but less than the phone naked. It does make the phone feel a little more classy/fashionable too. Kind of like I put thought into the case, not just ordered whatever thin black one is at amazon which is what I usually do. The only real negative is that I keep wanting to sniff it.

RBH

Got the iPhone 7 matte black 128 GB along with a sea blue Apple leather case.

I'm coming from a slow ass iPhone 5, and this is just amazing in comparison. Feels so nice to have a functional phone now.

Got used to the size of 7+ in a day and I don't think I can ever go back to the smaller size.

I would have to agree with you. As someone who was fairly adamant about keeping the size small, getting the Plus really changed my thinking around. I have been using the smaller sized model iPhone ever since the brand/style came out.

muu

Swapped out wife's 5 for my old 6 and it does indeed feel like a toy that it's so small. Looking forward to bendable displays so that they can have giant clamshell phones in the future.

Killah

Man, I picked up one of these things a couple of weeks ago as a temporary case, fully expecting to hate it and eventually trade it in for an Apple leather case (same one I had on my 6):

https://www.caseologycases.com/collections/iphone-7-promotion-k/products/parallax-promo-1

But y'know what, it's not bad at all. Didn't add too much bulk to my 7 Plus and the lip that protects the front of my phone is unobtrusive. I give it a thumbs up.

The exact one I just bought yesterday, should be arriving tomorrow.

Glad it doesn't add too much bulk to the 7 Plus, so that's a relief.

Red

Got the saddle brown case and it looks beautiful with the matte black

CBY0mUP.jpg

aER0gcl.jpg
That does look nice. I got the black leather case. I wonder how long I will have it before the black plus is back in stock anywhere.

Animator

Man the battery life on 7+ is amazing. Been using the phone nonstop all day including watching 5 episodes of Luke Cage and it has %60 left in the tank after all that.

I finally received shipping notice for my new iPhone 7 plus from Rogers (Canada) at 8:30 pm tonight. Best I can hope for is early next week. I already have two Spigen cases and a Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen waiting for the phone to arrive.

Kal

Can anyone recommend a decent case that covers the bottom of the phone but has cut outs for the speaker/lightning port? I'm looking to upgrade my 6+; I have Apple's leather case which has been fine except that I don't like the exposed bottom.

Got lucky today and noticed that Best Buy had a 128gb Jet Black 7 in stock today so I ordered for in store pickup and it was actually in stock.

I think this might be the nicest looking phone they've made. It looks incredible with the same glossy black wrapped around the whole device!

ESBL

Can anyone recommend a decent case that covers the bottom of the phone but has cut outs for the speaker/lightning port? I'm looking to upgrade my 6+; I have Apple's leather case which has been fine except that I don't like the exposed bottom.

K11 bumper?

Red

I checked display units at the nearest Apple Store, and prefer black to jet black. Glossy electronics have never been my thing. They are impractical and ostentatious, which makes them feel cheap. I thought jet black looked good in photos and I expected to be impressed in person. Nope. It gives me that same tacky feeling I have when I hold Samsung phones with glossy shells.

Does anyone know if the lightening headphones work plugged into the apple battery case? I have a mophie that I like just fine but that may sway me to get an apple battery case.

ESBL

Does anyone know if the lightening headphones work plugged into the apple battery case? I have a mophie that I like just fine but that may sway me to get an apple battery case.

Does the lightning headphones not work with the Morphie? Because have you seen the Apple Smart Battery Case?

Rambaldi

My tracking finally went live and it arrived in Memphis today. I'm hoping it magically makes it to California tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. Priority Mail is too fickle.

Does the lightning headphones not work with the Morphie? Because have you seen the Apple Smart Battery Case?

The Mophie has a USB port on the bottom of it instead of a lightening port, so no way to use headphones in that if you slid an iPhone 7 into it.

I'm not a big fan of the apple smart battery case awesthetically speaking but it's at least less clunky than a mophie. I may try to check one out in person.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just got my iPhone 7 after three years of the 5s. Odd question: Safari can't seem to establish a secure connection to the server when trying to search with Google as the selected engine. It works when switching over to Yahoo and Bing, and I'm having no other Internet access issues, and Google doesn't seem to be somehow down. I'm confused as to the problem, or if I've screwed up some setting in the process of moving phones.

Just downloaded Chrome and search works fine there. Maybe I'll just use this as an excuse to switch browsers. I've always just stuck with Safari on my iPhones.

Maximus.

Anyone else notice the screen creak when pressed randomly? Notice a loud click from time to time and it's not the haptics.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
T-Mobile hasn't said a peep but using my phone number as a reference # at UPS' tracking thing now shows some info. Yay, this is a good thing yes?

Edit: False alarm, it's just my leather case. I guess UPS knows my phone number.

mrkgoo

Anyone else notice the screen creak when pressed randomly? Notice a loud click from time to time and it's not the haptics.

I don't have one but it could be a manufacturing anomaly. Try it with power off to be convinced it's not the haptics and start trying demo models to see if yours is within reason.

I had a 3G that clicked at the back and I eventually figured it was an adhesive tape internally that had lifted.

Aticos

I have having some wifi problems with my iPhone 7. WIFI is connected but the internet won't work, however when I switch iPhone wifi off and on, it works for about 10 minutes or so and then it just cut off.

Wtf, I got charged last night at 2am but I got woken up this morning with a call from the bank saying they'd declined the charge as it seemed fraudulent so I had to update my payment information on the Apple site and now it's still in processing. I hope I haven't been bumped down -_-

Edit: it just got fraud declined again. Wtf...

Ron Mexico

Wtf, I got charged last night at 2am but I got woken up this morning with a call from the bank saying they'd declined the charge as it seemed fraudulent so I had to update my payment information on the Apple site and now it's still in processing. I hope I haven't been bumped down -_-

Edit: it just got fraud declined again. Wtf...

Call your bank before making any purchase like this. A lot of them just use an algorithm where if the purchase is over $X and being processed outside of where you usually shop, it'll auto-decline.

Speaking of processing stuff-- not sure this warrants its own thread but I was in a conference for work discussing tech and the financial industry. I know there was a ton of uproar about the headphone jack but not only does that open up the way for their new headphone standard, it also means all those little dongles from Square, PayPal, etc are no longer going to have a port to plug into. Analyst predicting merchant payments as a business well beyond their headphone sales. Found it interesting to think about.

I finally received shipping notice for my new iPhone 7 plus from Rogers (Canada) at 8:30 pm tonight. Best I can hope for is early next week. I already have two Spigen cases and a Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen waiting for the phone to arrive.

Hey I got one from Rogers too with a shipping UPS number! Does your order date show the date you ordered the phone?

Vyer

I have having some wifi problems with my iPhone 7. WIFI is connected but the internet won't work, however when I switch iPhone wifi off and on, it works for about 10 minutes or so and then it just cut off.

Try restarting your router, possibly see if it has a firmware update

Future

I took my 256 7 Plus back for a refund today. Sorry Apple but over £1000 for a phone is just to much.

Struggling with this right now. Posting on a six plus right now and it's not like this is that bad. At least not $900 need to upgrade bad

Fliesen

I took my 256 7 Plus back for a refund today. Sorry Apple but over £1000 for a phone is just to much.

uhm, how were you not aware of the parameters of the transaction before makin the purchase?

you knew you'd be getting a phone, you knew you'd be paying close to a thousand pounds.

Moreche

Buyers remorse?
I came from an One Plus 3 and I prefer the OP3. Nothing to do with iOS or android but I'm failing to see why people think iPhones are worth the price.
Also the screen on my iPhone is more yellow at the bottom, there's a speck of dust in the camera lens and then you realise that the Apple quality we pay for is just smoke and mirrors.
I also found the retail experience of first buying the phone last week to be extremely frustrating.

I came from an One Plus 3 and I prefer the OP3. Nothing to do with iOS or android but I'm failing to see why people think iPhones are worth the price.
Also the screen on my iPhone is more yellow at the bottom, there's a speck of dust in the camera lens and then you realise that the Apple quality we pay for is just smoke and mirrors.
I also found the retail experience of first buying the phone last week to be extremely frustrating.

Interesting. The OP3 is a really nicely made phone, and a bargin at £330.

I ordered my iPhone 7 plus on September 9 and this is verified in the shipping email notice. According to UPS I will have my new phone Monday. Yeah!

What do you mean by verified? I ordered my phone on the 9th aswell. I didnt hear anything from rogers, then got this "Your phone has shipped" email yesterday.

f@luS

More than a member.
I have some random spinning circle that bring me back to the lock screen. Does anybody else have it ?

finalflame

I have some random spinning circle that bring me back to the lock screen. Does anybody else have it ?

I've gotten it once or twice. My guess is it's akin to a kernel panic on OSX but it somehow "soft resets" itself. Happened at totally random times maybe 2-3x total now since I got my phone on 9/16.

Top Bottom