• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Anyone order thru Verizon and get their phones earlier than initially estimated?

My wife and I have an expected ship date of November 16 (!) so I'm hoping for something maybe happening sooner.

Is anybody aware of a cable that is 3.5m on one end and lightning on the other.

I have headphones that have a detachable cable, 3.5mm both ends. Hoping (expecting) that there will be 3.5m/lightning cables out soon...

Balb

Have had the phone for a day and the phone is suddenly unresponsive and not letting me open apps or even power it off. First time this has happened in my 8 years of owning an iPhone. Guessing iOS 10 is extremely buggy?

Have had the phone for a day and the phone is suddenly unresponsive and not letting me open apps or even power it off. First time this has happened in my 8 years of owning an iPhone. Guessing iOS 10 is extremely buggy?

Could be your restore failed partially. Or something corrupted. Or your phone hardware is dying.

1. Erase all and Restore from iCloud
2. If that doesn't work erase all and start fresh to see if it still happens

Those are the steps Apple will do so you can shortcut by trying yourself.

Anyone using the Apple Smart Battery Case with their 4.7" iPhone 7? I was just skimming reviews and a few of them are pretty negative and claim serious overheating. Just wondering if anyone's having similar issues before I take the plunge.

Mine did that a couple times, lasting about two minutes each. Came back after that. Did your phone ever do that?

Sickbean

I want to get on the iPhone upgrade program (UK), but obviously the 7+ is out of stock everywhere and the upgrade program is in-store only. Do I basically have to wait until the phone is back in stock? There doesn't seem to be a way to reserve one through the program unless I'm being thick??

iOS 10 is really buggy on my 7. Not responding to opening notifications from the notification screen and having lots of Bluetooth connectivity issues.

Moreche

Returned my 7 Plus on the IUP today and now the wait for a jet black to come in.
I saw a jet black last week and it's just to hard to not have one.
Only thing is I'm disappointed that the air pods won't be in black also.

Servbot24

Banned
Ended up returning mine and going back to 6s. There just aren't enough advantages to warrant losing the headphone jack. I'll get next year's iPhone when hopefully wireless audio will be more ready... and if not at least the phone will be more worth it.

Moreche

I want to get on the iPhone upgrade program (UK), but obviously the 7+ is out of stock everywhere and the upgrade program is in-store only. Do I basically have to wait until the phone is back in stock? There doesn't seem to be a way to reserve one through the program unless I'm being thick??
Yes, you're correct. You have to check each day but personally I want the jet black plus so m just going to be patient until November unless a huge shipment comes in.

FStop7

Banned
I bought a midnight blue leather case for my 7+. It's a vast improvement over the iPhone 6 leather case. The buttons feel awesome and so does the leather texture.

ronco2000

Ended up returning mine and going back to 6s. There just aren't enough advantages to warrant losing the headphone jack. I'll get next year's iPhone when hopefully wireless audio will be more ready... and if not at least the phone will be more worth it.

Hopefully enough people does this and Apple will realize they done fucked up and bring back the headphone jack, if not, include a wireless headphone on the 8.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Damn how is that? I went in on the 11th and ordered my wife a 128gb flat black on 7+ on att and we got it 3 days ago.

T-mobile. They haven't failed me in the past. The expected ship date is from the 27th to the 10th. I know people in this thread who ordered after me and received theirs already, too.

Hopefully enough people does this and Apple will realize they done fucked up and bring back the headphone jack, if not, include a wireless headphone on the 8.

I'd take just about any bet that this won't happen.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Super obnoxious that Target had been running a promo for a $200 gift card when you get an iphone 7, but you can't order online and all the local stores have been out of stock on every color/size/gb variation for the whole promo. Thanks a lot, Target. -__-

AxelFoley

Anyone order thru Verizon and get their phones earlier than initially estimated?

My wife and I have an expected ship date of November 16 (!) so I'm hoping for something maybe happening sooner.

I ordered mine (matte black) last week Wednesday and got it the next day. I coulda sworn both black 7s were on backorder.

Oh, well. Loving my new iPhone 7.

My phone that was supposed to deliver 10/12-10/18 just shipped. Tracking isn't updated yet with an actual delivery date, but I'd guess all said and done it would be sometime this week which means I'll be getting it a week to two weeks earlier than their estimates.

Ninja Dom

My phone that was supposed to deliver 10/12-10/18 just shipped. Tracking isn't updated yet with an actual delivery date, but I'd guess all said and done it would be sometime this week which means I'll be getting it a week to two weeks earlier than their estimates.

Yeah same. My order shipped on Friday but the tracking information doesn't work. Apple still estimate an October 10 delivery, which is a week from now.

Yeah same. My order shipped on Friday but the tracking information doesn't work. Apple still estimate an October 10 delivery, which is a week from now.

Mine was preparing for shipment Saturday and yesterday, and I woke up to a shipment notification at like 5:30 this morning. Tracking probably won't update until the end of the day when the phone starts actually moving through the UPS system.

Impulsor

My phone shipped on friday, delivery date was 5 Oct- 13 Oct.

Now the tracking just says it's on the way and on time, estimated delivery date being the 13th.

But nothing else- Just that the Phone has to be grouped up with my case order and then sent together.

So is the tracking working propperly?

i expected full tracking via UPS or something like that, not this half assed thing I got.

Finally got dispatched! UPS travking number... it says "scheduled delivery" and "early delivery estimate" - is the early delivery just a possibility or do I need to do something to make sure it happens?

Rambaldi

My phone is going to be out for delivery today. I still can't believe it shipped three weeks early. Like I'm really happy but some AT&T customers who preordered are still waiting and yet mine is going to be here today. Their fulfillment doesn't make a lot of sense but I guess it's all Apple's stock.

Mine was preparing for shipment Saturday and yesterday, and I woke up to a shipment notification at like 5:30 this morning. Tracking probably won't update until the end of the day when the phone starts actually moving through the UPS system.

My tracking updated and my phone will be here Wednesday. Not bad considering I ordered 9/18 and was told it could be up to a month.

j-wood

I exchanged the coca silicon case for the saddle brown leather one.

Gotta say, the leather case for the 7 is straight fire. It looks so good on my matte black 7. Buttons feel awesome.

Tobor

Has Apple updated the EarPods? In the past they never fit me right, but I'm using the lightning ones and they feel and fit fine. They sound decent as well. Maybe I never gave the old ones enough of a chance?

I'm sold on the AirPods given the lightning EarPods fit well.

Guys can I go buy a TMobile Plus off contract and then activate it on AT&T? Need a phone for my boss at work but no AT&T phones are available, but the Apple Store has the TMobile variant.

Thanks for the help.

kaskade

I ended up installing the beta and portrait mode is pretty damn slick. Kind of sucks that it didn't make it with the release of the phone though. I'm gonna guess the release will be around that rumored apple conference for the MacBooks and airpods.

Sh0k

Has anyone checked their status in the ATT trade-in program website? Just checked today and they are only giving me $160. credit and not the supossedly $650. to cover the iPhone 7. No explanation whatsoever, my iPhone 6 was in excellent condition, I even packed the phone in a box instead of the bubble wrap envelope they sent me to make sure that it won't get damage in transit. I called their number and the person in the trade-in department have no clue, I'm on hold for almost 20 minutes with customer service.

Top Bottom