• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Guess Who

Banned
How do I connect my lightening headphones to my MacBook pro now? Just realized I now have this issue till the airpods are released

z7jwEaJ.jpg

Any recommendations on screen protectors? The ones I'm seeing are just repackaged 6s ones that don't cover the whole front of the phone. Thanks in advance

Dany

Banned
How do I connect my lightening headphones to my MacBook pro now? Just realized I now have this issue till the airpods are released

Dude. I keep forgetting that I can't do this.

Also, I was at a house party this weekend and wanted to play some tunes on the speakers. I couldn't. Everyone was laughing at me. :(

DOWN

Banned

Also, I was at a house party this weekend and wanted to play some tunes on the speakers. I couldn't. Everyone was laughing at me. :(
You should be laughing at them for not having a Bluetooth or wireless option tbh

Dany

Banned
You should be laughing at them for not having a Bluetooth or wireless option tbh

I just wanted to blast some Yoncé. I have that stupid aux-lighting adaptor in the car but the FM radio adaptor actually broke so we are looking to get a bluetooth adapter sometime.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been on the fence about getting the 7, but this finally adds credence to the rumours and I think I'm going to abstain upgrading this year.

Not the biggest fan of glass designs unless they evolve the GOAT 4/4S design, but deeper blacks on an OLED display + wireless charging + edge-to-edge display are massive changes that are far overdue at this point.

Mr Swine

Banned
I've been on the fence about getting the 7, but this finally adds credence to the rumours and I think I'm going to abstain upgrading this year.

Not the biggest fan of glass designs unless they evolve the GOAT 4/4S design, but deeper blacks on an OLED display + wireless charging + edge-to-edge display are massive changes that are far overdue at this point.

I would wait for the 8S so we know that they perfect the new design

jts

...hate me...
Apple patents a lot of stuff. Call me skeptical, but I honestly don't expect that kind of tech to be ready for the next iPhone.

number11

Surely there's an easier way to set up a new iPhone? I hate having to login to every app again, re-download all my music and podcasts (some have disappeared because they're no longer in the podcast feed), reset my Apple Watch etc.

I keep my iPhone in a standalone pocket with just my headphones but I already got a minor scratch on the display. Good thing screen repairs through Apple are so much cheaper now - if it gets worse it'll be easier to justify getting a fix.

if you're not on the yearly upgrade program, ya losin

Your options are the same. You can use your old wired heaphones, or use any old bluetooth headphones.

If you really want to, I guess you could use the lightning to 3.5 adapter, or wait for new bluetooth headphones, but neither is necessary.

Appleman

I just keep my old EarPods in my pocket with the dongle always attached. That way I always have the dongle, and can always plug the headphones into the Mac if I need to. Haven't used the actual lightning EarPods yet

I cannot wait for this. We already have raise to wake, seems like the home button's days are truly numbered. Except I guess what is the easy way to get "home" if the fingerprint sensor works through the screen? The Force Touch on the side to go into multitasking?

That's actually a really interesting point. The simplicity in the Home button is in how it takes you to the Home screen no matter where you are in the phone. But if that's gone and is replaced by a screen, how do they allow users to always find their way Home?

Some have said maybe just utilize the bottom of the screen strictly for this purpose, but that would prevent app developers from utilizing a fairly large portion of the screen for their apps (since a simple press in that area will take you Home), which then begs the question: Why remove the Home button at all? If a sizable portion of the screen is "dead" to all user input except one, it's pointless to have it there in the first place.

My guess? Fingerprint scanner in the screen, and Home button on the side or back. This allows developers to utilize the full screen, while allowing users to get Home whenever necessary.

btkadams

my 256gb jet black plus model finally shipped from telus! at least the delayed shipping means i already have a case for when it finally arrives..

That's actually a really interesting point. The simplicity in the Home button is in how it takes you to the Home screen no matter where you are in the phone. But if that's gone and is replaced by a screen, how do they allow users to always find their way Home?

Some have said maybe just utilize the bottom of the screen strictly for this purpose, but that would prevent app developers from utilizing a fairly large portion of the screen for their apps (since a simple press in that area will take you Home), which then begs the question: Why remove the Home button at all? If a sizable portion of the screen is "dead" to all user input except one, it's pointless to have it there in the first place.

Well, they could make that a system taskbar area like the rumored OLED strip on the new MacBook Pro. Maybe put a Dock area there, or quick action icons, etc. If the whole front of the phone is glass with no bezel, developers wouldn't lose any display area.

Impulsor

I still have my order as "Shipped" but with the status "Shipping notice from warehouse" or however it is translated.

been like that for 4 or 5 days now.

It says, estimated delivery date 13th of October.

WTF?

Fliesen

Oh fuck, you guys ... wireless headphones surely are the future ... but my damn $ 15 selfie stick plugs into the headphone jack for taking photos...

gconsole

Right, but I can't even find the appropriate connector

That's exactly my problem. Macbook doesn't have either lightning port or even adapter to make the new iphone7 headphone work. And I'm using both at home and work :(

You could either carry 2 headphones, or adapt to wireless one. You know, we are in the age where the company don't create product to match your life style, but you have to change your life style to match the product ....

Who knows when Apple gonna change this again.

Red

Still haven't seen a black 7 plus in stock anywhere in the state. My leather case is sitting lonely on the kitchen counter. On the plus side, I'm enjoying the size of the 5s again.

Mine shipped Monday morning. UPS has had my delivery date change from today, to tomorrow, to now saying it's being scheduled with no date.

same, mine still says no date and its been in the same warehouse in korea for 24h lmao

in other news my apple silicon case in pink sand arrived today, I love the feel of it already.

If I can be offered a good deal on the 7 I think I'll upgrade to it. The home button took a few clicks to get used to when I played around with it in the shop. At first it just feels weird and not good, almost as if the phones creaking or somethings moving about inside when you press but it felt more natural with use. The Jet Black also looks glorious.

Just upgraded to an S7 Edge from a iPhone 6 because I kind of fancied a bit of a change but it's going back as I feel I'm missing out more by getting rid of my iPhone. Stuff like iMessage and just everything is so smooth and works spot on on ios generally. I didn't care for customising my homescreen after 5 mins of playing around on Android. I just felt I wanted all my apps right in front of me anyways without going into the menu. The Edge screen is a complete gimmick and useless for anything except catching the screen when you didn't want to. And the battery, which is supposed to be better lasts the same if not worse than my 2 year old iPhone 6.

All in all, Android just offered me nothing but I felt I was missing out by moving to Android rather than gaining much of anything. Very disappointed.

Tadaima

Does anybody know when Suica can be used? It's on Apple Japan's homepage right now, but the latest update didn't seem to change anything.

Called UPS about my phone seemingly not moving for the past 36 hours and they just said there was a "delay". They wouldn't say what the delay was, how long it would take, or even give me an updated delivery estimate. :/

Spent an afternoon with an Iphone 7. Very disappointing upgrade relative to the 6S, it boggles my mind that some people actually upgrade yearly.

I think we have reached the point where yearly upgrades aren't interesting anymore.

Crazyorloco

Spent an afternoon with an Iphone 7. Very disappointing upgrade relative to the 6S, it boggles my mind that some people actually upgrade yearly.

I think we have reached the point where yearly upgrades aren't interesting anymore.

Yeah i think if I had the 6s I would be hesitant to purchase the 7. Especially with the head phone jack missing.

But the nicer camera and water resistance might make it worth it.

Now for those on older iphone's or android I think the difference is greater, and it's worth looking into the iphone 7/Plus.

X-Frame

Yeah i think if I had the 6s I would be hesitant to purchase the 7. Especially with the head phone jack missing.

But the nicer camera and water resistance might make it worth it.

Now for those on older iphone's or android I think the difference is greater, and it's worth looking into the iphone 7/Plus.

I have a 6 Plus and have been trying to decide if I want to just pick up a 6S Plus for a year or wait another month or so for a Jet Black 7 Plus.

My 6 Plus has actually started crashing since iOS 10 -- not sure if it's the lack of RAM or something else.

Top Bottom