• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Anyone know how to remove a Gmail account in iOS 10? I don't know if they changed it around, but I can't find the setting anywhere even after trying to Google where it is supposed to be.

Can someone tell me if there's a way to make swiping right to left go back a page? One hand use is very hard on the plus

And is there a one hand keyboard

Blackhead

Redarse
Just making my occasional post that the lack of wireless headphones under $200 is just appalling. Where are the Airpods and Beats X?

Even more annoying is Apple only gave out the Airpods to journalists/bloggers (and hasn't recalled them yet) so:
  • Every other week there is a new 'review' writing that he's had the Airpods for weeks(months), so amazing the Airpods are, can't understand why Apple delayed release etc
  • There are no comparable reviews for alternatives. I would strongly consider the Solo wireless if more longer term reviews were written...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Have ordered my iPhone 7 plus that should arrive on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it.

PowerBeats 3 has been nothing but impressive to me but yeah they are hardly cheap either.
Picked them up from the airport with a slight discount.

They're great. Comfortable, sound is decent, battery life is awesome. First time using Bluetooth headphones...it's going to be hard going back to my wired cans after this. Probably only going to do so for home use.

This sucksss. I need an ereader app for when Im on the treadmill

On Android, I had moon reader which AUTO SCROLLED the text for me, so I never needed to constantly tap the screen

Is there anything like this for Apple!? ibook nor kindle have it

This sucksss. I need an ereader app for when Im on the treadmill

On Android, I had moon reader which AUTO SCROLLED the text for me, so I never needed to constantly tap the screen

Is there anything like this for Apple!? ibook nor kindle have it

I believe that Marvin 3 has it. Says it has vertical scrolling with auto-scroll.

I just got my 7 Plus. I never had a 6S or 6S Plus, so this has a lot of new features to play with. And the camera is amazing!

What case do you guys have? I've always used Otterbox but this phone is already pretty big.

Edit: Actually, the otter universe looks awesome. I always run into issues where I need to take my phone out to use my armband or something else, so it looks like theres awesome potential. Anyone have experience with that one?

Blackhead

Redarse
Spotlight isn't showing any apps to launch when I type the names. Bug or did i miss a toggle somewhere?

Inbox. Always Inbox.

I have non-Gmail accounts and I NEED 'Mark as Read' for my notification actions. Macstories recommends
Email, Spark, Outlook, CloudMagic (now Newton), and Inbox, but I keep coming back to Airmail. It's the only client with excellent third-party app integrations to process messages quickly, it's available on the iPhone and iPad, and it's constantly updated with new features. I'm willing to put up with its glitches and bugs because, when it comes down to pure functionality, Airmail's approach is unparalleled on iOS.

any other suggestions? I just can't deal with the bugs anymore. It's randomly not sending notifications of new messages and I've missed a few important ones over the past few weeks. If I wanted to get an email 30mins/1hr late I'd just use the Apple mail app :/

just had to charge my beats solo 3 wireless for the first time since i bought them 7-8 weeks ago and i did the five minute charge thing (it's supposed to get you 3 hours) and it doesn't seem like it's going to last an hour. :/

i used the iphone charger - is that not strong enough to power fast charging?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Spotlight isn't showing any apps to launch when I type the names. Bug or did i miss a toggle somewhere?

I have non-Gmail accounts and I NEED 'Mark as Read' for my notification actions. Macstories recommends

any other suggestions? I just can't deal with the bugs anymore. It's randomly not sending notifications of new messages and I've missed a few important ones over the past few weeks. If I wanted to get an email 30mins/1hr late I'd just use the Apple mail app :/
You've tried all of those? I use Outlook myself and it works perfectly.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I got my iPhone Plus.

I wasn't expecting the screen to look that good. Colours and definition are better then my Sony 40inch TV. It frankly looks remarkable.

I'm looking for options for listening to headphones and have data sync. Any ideas?

jts

...hate me...
I got my iPhone Plus.

I wasn't expecting the screen to look that good. Colours and definition are better then my Sony 40inch TV. It frankly looks remarkable.

I'm looking for options for listening to headphones and have data sync. Any ideas?
Honestly, bluetooth. You're welcome to join the AirPods waiting line, but there are other bluetooth options.

If you want wired you're in for dongle hell.

cyberheater

Honestly, bluetooth. You're welcome to join the AirPods waiting line, but there are other bluetooth options.

If you want wired you're in for dongle hell.

Thanks. Time to go hunt down my bluetooth headphone dongle. I actually forgot I had that until you reminded me.

Meier

Does anyone have any suggestions for external camera lenses for the iPhone 7? I know of the olloclip but there is only 1 review of one of them on Amazon and it's a 2* which seems crazy. Is that just a name brand and not actually that good? There are a ton of cheap lenses on there but I assume most of them are probably flooded with fake reviews... trying to get one for my wife.

Red

Does anyone have any suggestions for external camera lenses for the iPhone 7? I know of the olloclip but there is only 1 review of one of them on Amazon and it's a 2* which seems crazy. Is that just a name brand and not actually that good? There are a ton of cheap lenses on there but I assume most of them are probably flooded with fake reviews... trying to get one for my wife.
What's your budget? Is she interested more in still photography or video? Would she prefer a zoom lens, macro lens, wide angle?

The ecosystem for 7/7plus lens accessories seem a lot more limited than past models for some reason.

Welp, it happened. Three months without using a case on my 7 Plus and I dropped it onto pavement getting out of the car. Really nasty cracks all across the screen. Don't know how I thought I was going to go a whole year without this happening, yet here we are

Thank god for AppleCare, gonna get it fixed today

Welp, it happened. Three months without using a case on my 7 Plus and I dropped it onto pavement getting out of the car. Really nasty cracks all across the screen. Don't know how I thought I was going to go a whole year without this happening, yet here we are

rippp

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whatever happened to those Airpods anyways?

I haven't even heard when they're supposed to release at this point.

Ugh. No one knows. Tim claims they're releasing in the "next few weeks", which I'm sure means they'll ship like, 15 of them to 3 select stores in East Jabip.

I just want my damn Beats X to release. The whole conversation around wireless headphones is just incredibly irritating to me, because I'm basically screaming into a void at a multinational corporation to allow me to give them $145.

On a separate note, I was in a conference room just now, the light hit my screen the right way, and there's a hairline scratch that i will never not feel/never unsee now. More and more, I'm feeling like my overall experience with the 7 has been one of disappointment.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

yeah I was actually very interested but it's taking so long that I already got something else (a light Sony bluetooth headset).

Still hope the AirPods turn out good. I hate mushy type earphones that you have to stick inside your ear and I want more that are shaped similar to the AirPods in the wireless market.

Red

Begrudgingly buying one of the Apple leather cases. I like them a lot but I also like how this thing feels caseless...
The Apple leather case is really nice, I don't think you'll have a problem with it. It feels great. I like it way more than I expected.

The Apple leather case is really nice, I don't think you'll have a problem with it. It feels great. I like it way more than I expected.

Oh no I love the leather cases. This one is no exception, I'm a huge fan. But I was hoping to go a year caseless, couldn't do it

Oh no I love the leather cases. This one is no exception, I'm a huge fan. But I was hoping to go a year caseless, couldn't do it

i just can't go caseless because it means if i get drunk anywhere and my phone's in my pocket, it's probably going to bend. not with a nice sturdy case tho. :p

iavi

Just got the gold 7+, coming from a note 4. This phone is amazing, sans it's lack of a aux port. I already had a pair of jay birds, though, so I figured I'd try it out for a bit.

The smoothness of everything. That 8 hour screen on time.

That's what's up. Especially coming from my note which would drain within an hour of use, it's battery had weakened so much

I'm even liking IOS coming from only having an android phone before--sans a few UX quirks like no long press on the quick settings to get into their options pane from the mission control pane. And no central back button

Having to leave whatever I'm doing to go to the home screen, then settings icon, then Bluetooth settings for example makes no sense--especially so when the rest of the phone is so slick and intuitive: Like double tapping the home button when on the lock screen to bring up Apple Pay. That's what's up.

Vyer

another blow for #NeverCase gaf

sorry to hear that, i know the feeling. it sucks

Just got the gold 7+, coming from a note 4. This phone is amazing, sans it's lack of a aux port. I already had a pair of jay birds, though, so I figured I'd try it out for a bit.

The smoothness of everything. That 8 hour screen on time.

That's what's up. Especially coming from my note which would drain within an hour of use, it's battery had weakened so much

I'm even liking IOS coming from only having an android phone before--sans a few UX quirks like no long press on the quick settings to get into their options pane from the mission control pane. And no central back button

Having to leave whatever I'm doing to go to the home screen, then settings icon, then Bluetooth settings for example makes no sense--especially so when the rest of the phone is so slick and intuitive: Like double tapping the home button when on the lock screen to bring up Apple Pay. That's what's up.

settings has always been weirdly isolated for sure. getting the control center was the first time there's ever been an attempt at a quicker way to get there. hopefully they expand on that in future versions.

luckily the 'back' function in the upper left has been more and more present so that should help if you're looking for a dedicated button.

and yeah, the general performance/smoothness coupled with a lot of the other navigation features makes for a pretty good experience

j-wood

I have apple care, and I am thinking about going caseless for a bit with my matte black 7. Should I be concerned about the camera lens getting scratched setting it on tables and stuff?

Is it normal for the orientation to stop working if you change the display zoom to zoomed? Or is it a bug?

if you're talking about the phone being locked in portrait mode sometimes going to landscape mode on the home screen then i think it's a bug, it's been happening to me a lot lately and it's really annoying.

Hi Gaf, bought a Otterbox Defender case for my iPhone 7 plus, is it a good case or should I buy a UAG case?

I dropped my iPhone 6 all over the place with my Otterbox and never had a dent. The second I took it out and went naked I dropped it and cracked the screen.

I'm a loyal Otterbox customer now.

I hate Otterbox cases. They are way too bulky and the screen protector on the Defender series sucks. Not to mention they are a huge pain in the ass to remove, with my fingers left in agony every time I have to take the case off my Mom's phone to clean it. I'd much rather just use a glass screen protector and slim/tough case.

ZOONAMI

Picked up a 7 plus after several years of android, last iPhone was iPhone 4.

I have to say overall I'm digging it, seems to be much less glitchy and is quicker than even android flagships (previous phones s4, G4, v10, s7, note 7).

I do think the notifications are jank and chrome, gmail and google maps are infinitely superior to safari and the native mail and maps apps. Thankfully gmail, maps, and chrome are available on iOS.

I'm going to miss the expandable memory but it's not the end of the word to just throw pics on hard drives and swap out music every now and then. I'm on tmobile jump on demand so it makes zero sense to put any money down on a 128gb model. I do think 64gb should be the base storage at least on the plus model though.

Picked up a tozo case which is sleek as fuck. Knock off of a peel but it's literally the exact same thing.

I also don't understand why I can't customize the home screens and the lack of an app drawer. Something apple definitely needs to steal from android. Just having every single fucking app on the home screens is stupid as fuck.

Battery life is also nuts, at 52% right now and all my androids would have needed a charge by now. 8am to 7pm that's amazing.

Vyer

I've never liked mobile Chrome on any device I've tried it on. Performance is generally pretty crap. Especially now with content blockers Safari is pretty solid.

Top Bottom