• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Krakatoa

Enjoy you 600 dollars box of rocks.
That's what I was thinking :) Its odd though as the seller is registered as a business seller and has had an account since 2004.

I wonder why its not been pulled, as over 130 people have already purchased (something)....

tariniel

Caved and placed an order on Apples site for a black 7+ 128 SIM-free, expected to arrive December 1-8. I hope my 5S's battery survives that long.

I figure I have plenty of time to change my mind before it ships if I wanted to.

If next years has OLED as rumored then I'll preorder that and sell the 7+ most likely. I don't think my 5S will survive that long though if I just decided to wait

Red

The bokeh DoF effect on the 7 plus can be really impressive. It seems to have trouble with complicated backgrounds like blades of grass or leaves on a thick tree, but when it works it is more convincing than any other approximation I've seen.

Xun

AirPods rumored delayed to January 2017.

CLGs2pOW8AA19rK.jpg
It'll take courage to delay them.

Perhaps they're having interference issues?

AirPods rumored delayed to January 2017.

Seems to me that this is probably a design change, not a production issue. Maybe they're adding touch-based volume controls after all the complaints. It must be something significant to cause a delay with no new ship date, considering AirPods were the "solution" to removing the jack. The narrative doesn't look great and they're going to miss those stocking stuffer holiday sales.

NeoRaider

Anyone knows what happened to live wallpapers, that they showed on the presentation and that can be seen on promo shots:

Screen-Shot-2016-09-17-at-6.15.33-AM.png

sep-12-2016-21-39-19.gif

I got my iPhone 7 few days ago (first iPhone after 5s) but only have some fishes... lol. :/

Anyone knows what happened to live wallpapers, that they showed on the presentation and that can be seen on promo shots:

http://cdn.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-17-at-6.15.33-AM.png[IMG]

[IMG]https://mbeddedmaximum.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/sep-12-2016-21-39-19.gif?w=350&h=200&crop=1[IMG]

I got my iPhone 7 few days ago (first iPhone after 5s) but only have some fishes... lol. :/[/QUOTE]

They're not live but the bubbles are in 10.2

Red

Portrait mode is crazy good.

It's amazing how much better this is than the 6s plus camera.

The Taptic Engine makes an appreciable difference in how I use this phone. It blurs the line between physical and digital interaction by creating a real physical sensation of movement and inertia alongside the animation. I did not expect it to feel this different. It makes other phones feel lifeless in a way I could not have predicted.

No idea what happened today but my 7+ phone is at 5% and usage is only 4h30m. It's especially weird because literally until today I always got 7h usage before the 20% mark.

I ordered my phone the same day it was available through my provider (Rogers) and I'm STILL waiting for it to arrive. I'm 214th in line apparently. I'll most likely see it after the holidays at this rate.

Krakatoa

I ordered my phone the same day it was available through my provider (Rogers) and I'm STILL waiting for it to arrive. I'm 214th in line apparently. I'll most likely see it after the holidays at this rate.

Can't you cancel and get on from the apple store? Check http://www.istocknow.com/live/ for stock. I was lucky and walked in to BestBuy last Saturday and managed to pick up an iPhone + 7 Black (128GB). Since then they have been OOS.

Bane

I recently got a 6s and am having problems receiving pics texted to me from Android phones. From some friends with one I'll get pics but they're really late, and from others I've never been able to get one. They all tell me that other people they know with ipones get them fine so, what's the deal? I've looked for solutions online but all I find is fixes on the android side, or simple fixes that haven't worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Something is draining the hell out of my iPhone 7 Plus but can't figure out what, know this because I went to sleep st battery close to 100% and was 40% when I woke up. Battery usage % chart looks normal though

thenameDS

I can't for the life of me decide on which colour to buy a 7 Plus in. I will leave my iPhone colour history below so maybe Gaf can help me. I also NEVER use cases or screen protectors/skins.

3GS - Black
iPhone 4S - White
iPhone 5 - Black
iPhone 5S - Gold
iPhone 5S - Space grey (my favourite iPhone shape and colour combo ever)
iPhone 6 Plus - Silver

I can't for the life of me decide on which colour to buy a 7 Plus in. I will leave my iPhone colour history below so maybe Gaf can help me. I also NEVER use cases or screen protectors/skins.

3GS - Black
iPhone 4S - White
iPhone 5 - Black
iPhone 5S - Gold
iPhone 5S - Space grey (my favourite iPhone shape and colour combo ever)
iPhone 6 Plus - Silver

Seems like you prefer darker colors. And with no case, the Jet Black will be scratched to hell and back. I'd go with the Matte Black. It is really an amazing finish. The only reason I could say to go Jet Black is that it's supposedly a bit grippier than the Matte. You should check them out at an Apple Store if you haven't already.

So uhh, does Apple do zero QA on their updates?

Every single one a far has had an issue. Now with 10.0.3 on my 7, my speakers are randomly popping everything an audio que ends (like when an iMessage sends)

Shit, mine started doing this too. Audio plays for a second (like a live photo or a song) through the speaker and then fades away and pops. Headphones work fine, just the speaker

Did you ever find a fix?

Edit: stopped happening right as I posted this. Yay?

thenameDS

Seems like you prefer darker colors. And with no case, the Jet Black will be scratched to hell and back. I'd go with the Matte Black. It is really an amazing finish. The only reason I could say to go Jet Black is that it's supposedly a bit grippier than the Matte. You should check them out at an Apple Store if you haven't already.
Yea I've seen them at a Apple Store over the weekend. Gold, black and jet black are probably the ones in the running for me. But like you said jet black will get scratched to hell :/

bearbomb

Neo Member
Hey folks, dropped my good ol' sammy in the water on the weekend and she's a goner. I was thinking of jumping ship to IOS, I am familiar with it as I have ipods, and ipads ect and do like the OS. My issue is more so wether to go 6s/6s plus or 7 / 7plus

The 6S is obviously the cheapest of the pack but is performance generally the same between all of them? I would want to go 128gb most likely as well.

Hey folks, dropped my good ol' sammy in the water on the weekend and she's a goner. I was thinking of jumping ship to IOS, I am familiar with it as I have ipods, and ipads ect and do like the OS. My issue is more so wether to go 6s/6s plus or 7 / 7plus

The 6S is obviously the cheapest of the pack but is performance generally the same between all of them? I would want to go 128gb most likely as well.

Since you are predisposed to dropping your phone in the water, I'd suggest the 7 line.

bearbomb

Neo Member
Since you are predisposed to dropping your phone in the water, I'd suggest the 7 line.

Ha ha, I did end up going with the 7. First time in 8+ years of owning smartphones that I've ever dropped it in water or anything... but I guess there's a first for everything!

X-Frame

How is it possible that it is still so difficult to walk into an Apple Store and pick up a 7 Plus?

I've been holding out to walk in and grab a 256 gb 7 Plus in Jet Black but even all the other colors seem to not be in stock still here in NYC. It's nuts.

I have a 6 Plus that is really showing its age already with the A8 and the 1 GB RAM so I may just bite the bullet and get a 6S Plus since I can grab one today.

Has there been any indication as to when either the AirPods or the Beats X headphones are going to be released? It's insane to me that Apple have waited this long. There are W1 headphones on the market already, correct?

Has there been any indication as to when either the AirPods or the Beats X headphones are going to be released? It's insane to me that Apple have waited this long. There are W1 headphones on the market already, correct?

Thought I read a few days ago that AirPods won't even start production until next month. Also saw an expected release date on B&H Photo for the Beats X of December 16th.

Majine

Banned

What are the supposed benefits of the W1 chip? Easier setup? Because I can live without that.

Top Bottom