• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Saw this on my feed and lol'd
KWhGAWL.png

Haha! 😄

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/iphone-7-with-jump-and-jump-on-demand.htm
When can I pre-order iPhone 7 or 7 Plus as a JUMP! or JUMP! On Demand customer? What about at Launch?

JUMP! On Demand customers can pre-order the device Friday, September 9th at 12:01 AM PT by calling 611 or by visiting your local T-Mobile store when it’s open that day. Unfortunately, our web site does not yet have the functionality to process pre-orders for JUMP! On Demand, but our award-winning care and retail teams will be ready to help you. At launch, customers can participate in JUMP! On Demand through care (611) or in-store.

JUMP! Customers can do a standard JUMP! Upgrade online beginning Friday, September 9th at 12:01 AM PT through launch or by calling 611 or by visiting your local T-Mobile store when it’s open that day.

It is so weird that only one service can order online. Guess I better drink some coffee because I'm staying up late tonight.

Owari

I'm confused why you don't think this is basically an S update like much of the press and leaks agree it is. This is a 6 body and mostly 6S colors again. The changes are no bigger than S updates (like TouchID mentioned on 5S or new aluminum for 6S). Surely this breaks the cycle? I find the 7 having a 6S body to absolutely lend credibility to the murmurs all year that 7 would basically be another S cycle to allow a redesign for 2017.

The cycle is broken imo. 7 is just another S, albeit very sexy.

According to none of the sites that were dead accurate about 7
If that were the case, wouldn't they just call the 7 the iPhone 6 SE? Why would they burn all of their customers like that? You honestly think that would be a smart business decision?

Fwiw those rumor sites are 95% of the time BS

Owari

Armadilo

Banned
ok so i have the SE and have the jump program, I owe $200 but with jump I believe I can get a new phone since I have paid half of it . The free iphone 7 just says turn in your SE and pay $250. do you guys thinks I could do it ?

dc89

Do people really listen to music while their phone is charging that often? Will this even be a problem with the improved battery life?

I don't see why everyone's so butt hurt about something they literally never did. "oh, since I can't do thing now, all of the sudden I want to do thing"

Well if you do and you don't want to use Phil's solution Belkin have your back.

$40

I'm comparing the models on their site...why does battery life appear to be worse on the 7 Plus that the 6S Plus?

Looked at the canadian website, it says 3G talktime is down but everything else is equal or up. The only exception is the 7 lists wireless audio playback time vs. the 6S just displaying regular playback time.

Draper

Looked at the canadian website, it says 3G talktime is down but everything else is equal or up. The only exception is the 7 lists wireless audio playback time vs. the 6S just displaying regular playback time.

What is wireless talk time vs. talk time?

What is wireless audio playback vs. audio playback?

Yep, that's the difference. 7 Plus is measuring wireless playback, 6s Plus is measuring wired

Question: are the AmazonBasics part of the MFI program?

LeleSocho

Banned
Do people really listen to music while their phone is charging that often? Will this even be a problem with the improved battery life?

I don't see why everyone's so butt hurt about something they literally never did. "oh, since I can't do thing now, all of the sudden I want to do thing"

Pretty weird. Music doesn't even drain the battery, like at all.
You are no better with your line of reasoning "Oh since i never done it, it means that no one ever has"
What does even mean that music doesn't drain battery? If the phone is charging means it has little to no power so while it's doing that you can listen playlists and podcasts.
Quite the mental gymnastic you got there to defend this thing.

Hmm, so the ATT and T-Mobile models don't support CDMA this year, likely due to them using an Intel cellular radio instead of the traditional Qualcomm. I guess that means for the highest resale value you'd have to order a Verizon phone, then take it to T-Mobile to activate? Or are Verizon phones locked to that carrier?

Verizon phones bought full price aren't locked, but you won't be able to buy one without activating on a Verizon account until the SIM-free models come out in a couple months

A lot of people at work wouldn't be so against the headphone jack dongle if it weren't so hideous. Instead of a svelte discrete black cable you have a huge blaring white thick blocky cable that screams at you as you listen to music.

ReAxion

Hmm, so the ATT and T-Mobile models don't support CDMA this year, likely due to them using an Intel cellular radio instead of the traditional Qualcomm. I guess that means for the highest resale value you'd have to order a Verizon phone, then take it to T-Mobile to activate? Or are Verizon phones locked to that carrier?

That sucks. I would guess you'd have to order a VZN and buy it outright. Too bad we can't trust a TMO rep to answer the question correctly.

Step it up Intel. Everywhere.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Okay so I haven't decided if I'm getting a 32GB or 128GB. I've settled on Size and Color (Plus, Black). I have 9.5 hours to decide on the size.

If I want to get out of Jump! on Demand, I have to pay $520 more before taxes or fees. Should I? It is it better to pay off this phone for the next 8 months.

iPhone 7 32gb is worth $650

FinKL

Okay so I haven't decided if I'm getting a 32GB or 128GB. I've settled on Size and Color (Plus, Black). I have 9.5 hours to decide on the size.

128gb. Trust us +$100 over the course of 2 years for space peace of mind is amazing.

I'm in the color situation myself, but leaning white/silver after having space grey for 2 yrs to change it up

HMD

Only thing I'm worried about is the lightning port wear. Mine can barely hold any cable in it, I have to make sure it's perfectly flat and I can't use it while it's charging. Plus I had to buy like 4 different chargers in the span of a year and a half, and I might buy a fifth if I don't get my 7 early. For all the quality Apple loves to boast about they make the worst wires ever. Even my macbook chargers have to be changed yearly. My current macbook charger oozes green gooey shit out of the wires and I'm changing it tomorrow.

Just terrible.

DOWN

Banned
Wow I've never heard of anyone wearing out the lightning port so that they don't stay in. That sounds wild

Top Bottom