• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

emag

How do T-Mobile people pre-order?

Last year I called in my order the day of. Took a few tries because the first representative I spoke to wasn't familiar with the process and the second attempt was cut short by a dropped call. :/

Best I can tell is play/pause in handled by taking them out of your ear or inserting them, volume is controlled by Siri, and not sure how skipping tracks is handled.

Tap to play/pause/skip with the AirPods.

Last year I called in my order the day of. Took a few tries because the first representative I spoke to wasn't familiar with the process and the second attempt was cut short by a dropped call. :/

Tap to play/pause/skip with the AirPods.

Ah. Nice. The AirPods page makes no mention of anything working with a tap except activating Siri and answering calls. Glad you can do it all with a tap.

kaskade

The wait until 3am begins. Last time with the 6s there were still some options available at my local Apple store in the morning(like normal 8 am morning). I'm curious if there will be with this one. 7 is a bigger jump but I think a lot of people are going to be turned off in the beginning with no headphone jack. Plus being on the east coast there probably aren't as many people trying to reserve one in store at that time. I'm sure a lot of people just want to order it online.

The Apple website and app are already being dodgy for me. Going to be a fun night

I remember last year they had to text me a verification code to preorder and I just.. never got it. It never sent. So that was fun

Looks like the Apple Store site and app are down for the next six hours.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Spoke to my local Apple store:

If you are on T-mobile and want the Apple upgrade program you must pre-order in a physical Apple store tomorrow.

I asked about placing an online preorder for full price and then at the pickup appointment switching to Apple upgrade.
Employee said that will not work. I would have to pay full price, activate, return, and then get in line to rebuy under the Apple upgrade program.

Apple's hands are tied here because of T-mobile's requirement.
Fuck T-Mobile. 😖

If you are on T-mobile and want the Apple upgrade program you must pre-order in a physical Apple store tomorrow.

I asked about placing an online preorder for full price and then at the pickup appointment switching to Apple upgrade.
Employee said that will not work. I would have to pay full price, activate, return, and then get in line to rebuy under the Apple upgrade program.

Fuck T-Mobile. 😖

Holy shit, that's awful. Yeah, T-Mobile has been doing a lot of stuff lately to restrict activation at Apple Stores

Apple's hands are tied here because of T-mobile's requirement.
Fuck T-Mobile. 😖

I got some iPhone 5 laying around so I'll trade those in to T-Mobile for $250 iPhone 7. I would've gone with Apple otherwise.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, being new to the apple in-store process, I plan to pre-order at midnight and pick the earliest in-store slot they have. How long after I get there will I generally have to wait? If your time is 8:15AM will they be sure to get to you before the next slot?

I ask because I cam getting married next Saturday, so Friday I need to be back in town at 1230!

It begins

mxDZecDOOsWCA.gif

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So, being new to the apple in-store process, I plan to pre-order at midnight and pick the earliest in-store slot they have. How long after I get there will I generally have to wait? If your time is 8:15AM will they be sure to get to you before the next slot?

I ask because I cam getting married next Saturday, so Friday I need to be back in town at 1230!

I believe their stores open at 10am.
I would block at least an hour there to get out with the phone.

I've seen rumors next year's phone will use glass or new material for its case. I wonder if they'll do some kind of ceramic mix.

Doesn't the ceramic watch cost an extra thousand as it's the new 'Edition'? Maybe it can happen if Apple makes an iPhone Edition.

Skipping my usual biyearly upgrade and seeing what's on tap for next year. Instead, I am going to go from Apple Watch 1 to Series 2 because of added GPS. I'm tired of lugging my phone for running outdoors.

StillEdge

What is all this T-Mobile talk. I am on T-Mobile and on the Iphone Upgrade Program should I be worried?

Edit: Never mind assuming all the fuss is just about the Jump program.

Ashhong

I'm working on it now. And maybe, but I don't think so. If you choose to pick it up in store you're just reserving the device itself and then buying it however you see fit

And yes, there is still waiting. The stores usually aren't super big unless you're at a flagship, but even then the popular is big enough that there's going to have to be a line anyway

Cool thanks!

I get that there's going to be a wait, but is my phone guaranteed to be there waiting for me all day of i choose to go later?

finalflame

The plus model is already near that cost.

Yah, but the Edition ceramic watch is about a $700 markup on top of the cost of a brushed aluminum watch. And that's for a tiny ass ceramic watch case. I could see an iPhone Edition starting at $3k, at the lowest.

So far my mind is set at the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black.

Paying $220 extra for the "Plus" and "128GB".

I do really need the Plus? I could always go smaller, but the camera seems appealing.

finalflame

rumor is there won't be a 7s. Next year is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone and all indications say they're going to jump to the 8

Oh, shit, really? Where'd that rumor come from? That would explain the minor design update on the 7. Shiiiitttt.

So far my mind is set at the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Jet Black.

Paying $220 extra for the "Plus" and "128GB".

I do really need the Plus? I could always go smaller, but the camera seems appealing.

I'm also getting the Plus for the camera, and 128gb for Jet Black. I think it's fine dude. Unless you want the features of the dual camera, you could always just go with the regular 7. This has kinda been my dilemma too, though.

Okay i'm really struggling with which model I want to get. I'm leaning towards a 128gb jet black 7+, but I don't know. My current phone is a 5.1 inch screen and I don't really want to go smaller then that, but 5.5 is quite large. Also, I don't know if I need more then 32 gigs of storage. I have a 32 gb phone right now and still have like 10 left after 3 years. Granted, having a phone with a nicer camera would probably cause me to save more photos. So should I just shell out the extra money and get what is the most future-proof?

Cool thanks!

I get that there's going to be a wait, but is my phone guaranteed to be there waiting for me all day of i choose to go later?

I think in the print they reserve the right to release the stock after x amount of time, but I honestly don't know if they do. Different stores might have different policies. Try and be cool and get there around your time

dedhead54

It looks like I'll have to pay $120 to get to 50% paid on my current 6S then I can trade it in with Best Buy and get a new device. Will a new cycle of AppleCare begin with that should I choose to continue to pay for it monthly? Torn on whether or not I want to size up to a Plus this time. I absolutely want to go caseless with the matte black but I am concerned about the Plus being awkward to hold and thus me dropping it.

finalflame

I'm looking at my 6S+ 64GB and I have less than 5GB left. At least 27GB is filled by Google Music.

I might go for the Jet Black 7 Plus. I choose Jet Black because it's "rarer" than the other colors.

Same. I feel like the other colors it's not even noticeable that you have a 7 and not a 6/S. Jet Black will be immediately evident/rarer.

Hope everyone can grab the preorder that they want. This whole iUP thing online is new and I have no idea how it's going to look at all. Gonna duck out of the thread until the preorders start I think, good luck and have fun

I'll be back for the 12:01 shitstorm

finalflame

Are you guys gonna use the app? It worked well for me for the Watch. Does Apple "reserve" your item once you add it to the cart, or does it do the "this item sold out" before you checkout even if it's in your cart?

Are you guys gonna use the app? It worked well for me for the Watch. Does Apple "reserve" your item once you add it to the cart, or does it do the "this item sold out" before you checkout even if it's in your cart?

I got in quick with the apple store app for the 6 launch. I think its the sold out before checkout even if its in your cart

A Penguin

How do trade-ins work if I wanna pre-order tonight? Looking to order online from the Apple Store. Not too much detail from the Apple site (http://www.apple.com/iphone/trade-up/)

Can I drop off my 6 at an Apple store after I get my 7? Will they retroactively apply the trade in credit to the purchase price of the phone? or will I be stuck with a $250 gift card that I won't be able to put towards the 7?

DOWN

Banned
Always use the app. And yes, the item can sell out while it is in your cart.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Hmm still deciding on 256GB Black or JetBlack.

Black looks sexy as fuck issue with JetBlack I see overtime is even with a case is micro scretches even with a case if small dirt gets in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVRcbo9_OdA

Fuck why is it so hard to choose it's 2016 cant we have glossy black that won't get any marks. :( Though Black is still sexy love the way it absorbs light

I'm looking to order a T-Mobile phone for my friend. I'm going to pay full price. Is there going to be an issue buying it? Will I need my friend's T-Mobile account in some way? I know that the phone will only be shipped to my address, which is fine, but other than that, what else do I need to be aware of?

Stealth edit: Yassss first post!

Regarding iUP returning veterans: if your phone had a small crack on the screen, and you go to exchange it but the genius has an eagle eye and calls you on it, can you pay the $99 apple care + right there and get the new phone? Or should it be done ahead of time, like before next Friday?

Top Bottom