• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Carlisle

I checked and all space grey watches regardless of band are sept 26th arrival. I don't know if all online orders are 10 days after launch or not.

Interesting. I mean I went thought it pretty quick, I was surprised it was already second tier by the time I got out. Maybe it's a location thing?

Tendo

apple upgrade is telling me my wife's phone is still under verizon contract and still limited to the terms of that contract. she is due for an upgrade via verizon in may. can i still do apple upgrade? i'm fine with it not being subsidized via a new contract with verizon

Managed to get in at 12:06 PST. No black or jets in my area. All sold out. Rose gold and gold. Arizona Phoenix area. Apple upgrade program. Makes me feel a little ripped off.

Managed to reserve a gold 7+ 128.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For some reason i had to go to the second closest apple store instead of the one near me for reservations. It wasnt even an option.

Ashhong

What the hell I couldn't just reserve the phone and pay at the store later. I wanted to just reserve it so I could decide later...

ecnal

I got a reservation number for an iphone... the fuck does that mean?

We have an iPhone for you...

Reservation #....

We can't reach the carrier systems to process your order, but we have reserved an iPhone for you. We'll email you when it's time to proceed with your order...

Am I screwed, GAF?

finalflame

Why does Apple not let you buy a phone without a carrier plan, even when you want to pay the full price up front? What the fuck is up with this? How long do you have to wait for unlocked phones?

Fuck.

neshcom

Banned
On phone with the customer rep still trying to get my custom shipping address to go through and kicking myself for not getting it early online and shipped back to me. This sweet little lady is getting so frustrated and it's actually really endearing.

Blueblur1

I got in thru the Apple Store app on my iPad around 15 min ago. Aside from having to tap "Save" on the CC info screen a bunch of times and again when submitting the order, it worked flawlessly. Two years ago I had much more trouble. So glad I get to go back to sleep so fast.

I got a reservation number for an iphone... the fuck does that mean?

Am I screwed, GAF?

That happened to me last year. Don't worry you'll get the phone.

Fuck that shitty Apple website. Dead link on the upgrade program page, when it finally works 30 minutes later Black, Jet Black and Silver are already gone. GG

ppViwvo.png

DOWN

Banned
I can't for the life of me figure out why it used my parent's shipping address. I changed the shipping address for this Apple ID hours ago and checked that it saved many times. There address was nowhere to be seen until the confirmation page.

ATT's website is trash. It's been like this back for the iPhone 4. Nothing has changed.

Apple's site was fast. And allows users to select their carrier's payment option anyway. Wish I had known that from the start, lol. Thought since I was using ATT's "Next" program that I had to go through ATT directly.

Oh well, preorder done. 256gb iPhone 7+, Black. EST: 9/30. Which is fine. My 6+ can get me through the month.

finalflame

Ah, never mind. Sorry

No worries, thanks for the tip anyhow. I'm just furious that I wasn't able to get one because of this stupid requirement and how my number is tied up in a corporate plan. This sucks. Why can't Apple just take my money and send me a phone.

SeanR1221

About to just go to sleep. Still won't let me select my closest store and the next two stores I can only pick rosegold with the plus (I can select anything in a regular 7)

TheZink

I can't for the life of me figure out why it used my parent's shipping address. I changed the shipping address for this Apple ID hours ago and checked that it saved many times. There address was nowhere to be seen until the confirmation page.

Mine does this every year. You should be able to change it In a couple hours. If not call apple. They will fix it.

AgeEighty

It uses the address that's on your wireless carrier account.

It used a some incomplete address that wasn't even filled out and blocked payment processing until I chose the right one. Their backend systems must be a bit flaky right now.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My email confirmation went to a non-existent email.

It's a combo of two emails - neither of which I have ever used with Apple.

Very confused, lol

Namikaze

I preordered an unlocked phone under my Verizon account and its looking like they're gonna charge me a $20 activation fee. How? I didn't have to pay that last year iirc.

Also, I made an account change and my bill dropped 50% but I had to cancel that to order the phone. Now that I preordered the phone, can I go back in and change my plan again without messing with anything?

jcutner

yea, i had some random shipping address with a random postal code on the checkout screen, yet my actual profile shipping info is correct, so i had to scramble to enter in the correct shipping address. luckily it prompted with a /!\, so it didn't send my iPhone somewhere random before it approved my TouchID Apple Pay.

neshcom

Banned
On phone with T-Mo rep. Failed to go through 3 times, but she insists it'll keep my launch-date ship date if we keep trying. I'm bracing myself for bad news though...

This is completely crazy. Why on earth would I preorder a phone that won't arrive for two months after staying up so late? This is worse than getting Blizzcon tickets.

Was able to get one for wife and I through Verizon website. End of September. No Apple Upgrade program for me - declined by Citizens, probably due to address on file for credit checks (recently moved). Oh well!

Deku Tree

7+ Silver 128 GB web said it would deliver Sept. 23-26 Ugh
But then the email says that it will deliver Sept. 16

omg IDK what is happening

7 Black 128 GB delivers Sept. 16

Top Bottom