• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Apple store app was trash for me lol. couldn't even find my account properly. Went to Att.com and got my 7 plus 128 black order in. Doesnt have a launch day estimation but it says 9.23 I can wait since my birthday is first week of october.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
As I suspected. No option for Apple upgrade program for T-Mobile folk. I'll be in line bright and early tomorrow I guess

The worst part of this ritual is always the "Approved large purchase" email I get from Amex. Like, I know, you don't need to rub it in guys.

On phone with T-Mo rep. Failed to go through 3 times, but she insists it'll keep my launch-date ship date if we keep trying. I'm bracing myself for bad news though...
Mine said the system went down so he'll call me back when it comes back up (after I got all the way through with the order on the website...and it failed at the very last step)

ReAxion

I can't for the life of me figure out why it used my parent's shipping address. I changed the shipping address for this Apple ID hours ago and checked that it saved many times. There address was nowhere to be seen until the confirmation page.

what about your iTunes ID? is that separate from your iCloud/Apple ID?

mine are separate still cuz merging still's not an option 😡 but my info is still good enough

Deku Tree

I can't for the life of me figure out why it used my parent's shipping address. I changed the shipping address for this Apple ID hours ago and checked that it saved many times. There address was nowhere to be seen until the confirmation page.

They are required to ship to the address on file with your phone carrier, the place where the bill is sent. You can call to ask them to change it manually.

order went through and the trade in process was at the end. the website asked for a serial number. so i entered it but somehow the website loaded into an error page saying the site is down. i lost the process to enter in my serial for the trade in and now tmobile customer service is saying they cant manually enter my serial to get the discounted phone lol....

might have to cancel my early order to avoid getting hit with EIP.

VertPin

256GB T-Mobile iPhone 7 in Jet Black estimated for October 4-10 for me.

Is it possible it could move to the 27 of September? I used the app.

T-Mobiles website has been going in circles for me. Haven't been able to get even close to upgrading.

Might be better to just go in store tomorrow.

Bgamer90

Banned
I had major issues trying to order online. Not sure if I should try again in a few hours or just prepare to get the device at a store.

So silly.

Deku Tree

How do I switch my order from Silver to Black. I was too tired and I thought that Silver meant "space grey". I don't want a white front on my phone?

Tendo

I'm worried I screwed up. My wife's phone was purchased through the old Verizon upgrade system and says on my Verizon page due for an upgrade 5/07

I bought the new iphone from Apple via apple upgrade. It told me that my old contract remains during checkout. Am I going to be able to activate the new phone to replace her current one?

And also just ordered 2 cases off Amazon. That's all for today

For some reason, it got charged to the wrong CC, but it's still valid until October. Hope it's still active. I'll give Verizon a call in the morning to see if it can be changed.

Night night everyone

Moshio

Neo Member
I just placed an order for a black, 128 gb 7 through Verizon using the Device Payment Agreement plan. The order went through, but I do not see a charge on my debit card. Is that normal, or should I have seen something by now?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
So happy I got my 256GB Black 7Plus order in for pick up next friday shit went ham.

What 7 Plus cases are people liking?

Couldn't make my order so the system gave me a reservation number. I don't know what to make of this I guess 2016 is not a good year for me and phones. First the Note 7 and now this...

I wanted that Jet black it's so beautiful! In store preorders are still a thing right? This is my first iPhone purchase and I wanted it to be smooth.

Do we think next year's anniversary phone will be wrapped in ceramic? I think they'll also get rid of the numbering and just call it iPhone.

GeoNeo check out the otterbox statement case it's basically a symmetry case but with leather where you hold the phone. That's what I went with.

I'm worried I screwed up. My wife's phone was purchased through the old Verizon upgrade system and says on my Verizon page due for an upgrade 5/07

I bought the new iphone from Apple via apple upgrade. It told me that my old contract remains during checkout. Am I going to be able to activate the new phone to replace her current one?

Yes you are, Verizon sees it as a "you paid full price for this phone" when in reality you're just making payments to Apple

It's just a generic warning they give you when you get on iUP while your line is still on a contract, as a way of warning people who are still making device payments. Like hey, you can totally upgrade this way, but your old contract has to be fulfilled

Armadilo

Banned
40 min later and finally get to speak to someone on tmobile but now i'm on hold because the site is not working, i'm on jump and talking is the only way to get it besides going to a store

Milly79

Thanks for "awesome-ing" up your site, T-Mobile! Almost an hour now and I've gotten to see the phones two times and they're already shipping later than next Friday. Cool.

Namikaze

Seems like only select Apple Store were taking in store preorders? None of the ones within like 100 mi of me were doing it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seems like only select Apple Store were taking in store preorders? None of the ones within like 100 mi of me were doing it.
The one closest to me would not let me upgrade in store. Had to go the second closest one. Not sure what that was about.
So happy I got my 256GB Black 7Plus order in for pick up next friday shit went ham.

I just got the silicone case and will hope for a good third party to show up on amazon soon.

KevinG

Got a 7 Plus 128GB for delivery next Friday... To North Carolina. Wife and I live in Florida, but on my M-I-L's account.

My wife could pick up her phone in store down here, but I couldn't pick up mine.

Any chance we'd be able to change that?

freshair

Apple Leather is the way to go. But for more protection

61NkVGHVSwL._SL1000_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GIWH6H8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

DarkWish

Got my order in for 128 GB Black iPhone 7 Plus! Sisters got the 128 GB regular 7 in Gold and Rose Gold, and my mom got the regular 7 in Gold with 32 GB. All pre-ordered with the Apple Store app for AT&T.

Had some issues with my sister and mom pre-ordering as they waited until around 3:30 to do it and kept getting error messages but ultimately it went through and all our phones come on the 16th.

Tendo

Yes you are, Verizon sees it as a "you paid full price for this phone" when in reality you're just making payments to Apple

It's just a generic warning they give you when you get on iUP while your line is still on a contract, as a way of warning people who are still making device payments. Like hey, you can totally upgrade this way, but your old contract has to be fulfilled

Ok, so I'm not going to have like, a 3rd line access fee? I'll just activate this phone, it takes her old number, and she remains under contract until May via this new device?

muu

7+ 128 black 9/23-30 on ATT. Is apple's site expected to be any faster on preorders? I was trying to get on but was punching the wrong zip code and locked me out.

neshcom

Banned
On phone with T-Mo rep. Failed to go through 3 times, but she insists it'll keep my launch-date ship date if we keep trying. I'm bracing myself for bad news though...

Almost an hour later and I'm calling it. Wish I had just ordered it when I had the chance, but I'm not optimistic about seeing any availability for months which is bonkers. Congrats to those of you that got one. It's still crazy T-Mo can't ship to non-billing addresses.

Fliesen

yay, our phone guy is finally at work, he's gonna order one for me and for a colleague of mine right now.

hoping it'll arrive in time before we head to NYCC in october.
right now it says 'ships sep 28-sep30', and those dates are usually super accurate.

Top Bottom