• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

freshair

Got my order in with JOD on T-Mobile.

But because of the new storage tiers, I wasn't able to laterally upgrade w/o paying fees so I downgraded to 32gb. Let's see if I have any issues with this 😅

But if I do, I'll use another jump to jump to a larger storage

VertPin

Does anyone know if the release dates can be moved up? Mine ships October 4-10, but I'm curious if it could move up to the 27 if more models are developed or something lol

Tendo

Thank God. I was worried I was going to be boned into having to pay another access fee or something. I guess that does make sense, what would happen if she lost the original phone, no one has to open a new line for having to pay full upgrade price.

Ugh that warning confused the mess out of me. Thank you for clearing that up! So this also means I can sell the old one when it comes in. Whoo!

Tried to do an in-store pickup for iUP, my local area is getting CLEARED OUT of Plus models while regular 7's are available in spades

Sioen

Got my order through as well in Belgium, no release date although I got it at 09:00 when sales normally opened on 09:01. Hopefully next week then!

crustikid

Maybe they're not doing Store Pickups anywhere because they'll actually have phones on reserve this year for people who wait in line? Is that too optimistic? I waited in line overnight last year, and in the morning they had zero ATT Space Grey 128GB 6S+ models. There was an ATT store next to the apple store that I walked into after being turned away at the apple store and they had plenty...no line too. But I'd prefer to do iUP.

finalflame

Does anyone know if the release dates can be moved up? Mine ships October 4-10, but I'm curious if it could move up to the 27 if more models are developed or something lol

I think people's Watches shipped earlier than predicted in some cases. Not sure as I got mine on release day, but I think I remember reading about people receiving them sooner than expected.

Got my order in with JOD on T-Mobile.

But because of the new storage tiers, I wasn't able to laterally upgrade w/o paying fees so I downgraded to 32gb. Let's see if I have any issues with this 😅

But if I do, I'll use another jump to jump to a larger storage

I couldn't upgrade because of this along with the monthly credits. It's best to keep this lease until month 18 for me.

Thankfully I'm in a family plan and there's an iPhone 5s that needs upgrading.

freshair

I couldn't upgrade because of this along with the monthly credits. It's best to keep this lease until month 18 for me.

Thankfully I'm in a family plan and there's an iPhone 5s that needs upgrading.

Yeah I decided to forgo the monthly credits in order to JOD. Going to miss the ~$19 monthly payments :'(

Deku Tree

The most popular phone is Black if I judge by AT&T delivery dates. Presumably they made the most Black. And it has the latest delivery date. Jet Black doesn't count because I think they probably made the fewest of those... even though their delivery date is currently November.

SuperPac

Was able to successfully order new phones for me and the wife on the iPhone Upgrade Program. Regular 7, 128GB, mine in matte black and hers in rose gold. Arrives 9/16! PHEW!

Yes. My Watch order in 2015 was moved up. It's just an estimate and can move up. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
This Storm Gray Apple Leather Case looks sick. I always go caseless though.
3EbkaQm.png

dc89

I think the thirst for Plus is realer than ever.

I don't know about Apple but o2 completely sold out and citing up to 6 weeks for some models now.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I don't know about Apple but o2 completely sold out and citing up to 6 weeks for some models now.

My area has 0 plus models for pickup but every normal model can still be picked up on release day.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I was tempted but I really like reasonably sized phones.

I'm betting they had lower stock due to camera components.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.

That's every year with the Plus. It isn't anything new. They make way fewer Plus models, than 4.7".

-d0hv

Deku Tree

Damn I got screwed by using the app. It wouldn't connect to AT&T after I tried over and over again. I should have just used the Apple web site. At least the web site preserves your place in line.

anyone that ordered and the website crashed before submitting the serial number has to cancel the order and place it again with a representative... fucking tmobile.

Armadilo

Banned
Fuck my life, one hour waiting on the phone then to be put on hold and and the lady tells me that I can't upgrade with jump even though the shit that tmobile posted said that I could since I already paid half of my phone off but the lady was telling me about the promo and said I couldn't because the free iphone promo is only for those that own their phones. One hour later nothing.

She told me that I have to pay off the remaining $200 of my SE and then pay $250 to get the i7, Fuck that I pay $12 each month for jump so that I could get a new phone as soon as I payed half of it off,

I'm going to got to the store

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Fuck my life, one hour waiting on the phone then to be put on hold and and the lady tells me that I can't upgrade with jump even though the shit that tmobile posted said that I could since I already paid half of my phone off but the lady was telling me about the promo and said I couldn't because the free iphone promo is only for those that own their phones. One hour later nothing.

She told me that I have to pay off the remaining $200 of my SE and then pay $250 to get the i7, Fuck that I pay $12 each month for jump so that I could get a new phone as soon as I payed half of it off,

I'm going to got to the store

Wow so stupid I knew people in US would get screwed over by these upgrade programs these companies can't be trusted to keep it real without always adding in bullshit.

Hopefully the fix you up, because I would tell them to get fucked.

Primus

So I'm on Sprint, coming to the end of my current 2-year iPhone 6+ lease. (The lease actually ends on September 30th.) If I go through the Apple Store and switch over to the iPhone Upgrade Plan, that's not gonna screw things up with my current lease, is it? I just don't want to do it and then get hit with a $240 charge for not returning the old 6+ or something like that.

Armadilo

Banned
Wow so stupid I knew people in US would get screwed over by these upgrade programs these companies can't be trusted to keep it real without always adding in bullshit.

Hopefully the fix you up, because I would tell them to get fucked.

I wasn't even asking her about the promo because I knew for that you needed to have own your phone but since I have jump, the only way to get the phone preordered is by calling which I did to only be told that I can't use jump and then they tried to sell me on the promo, which I can't use unless I payed off my current phone

Red

My local store says every model for every color is unavailable for pick up. That can't be right. How do I preorder?

Did anyone actually manage to get a black plus in the UK for the 16th, or did they just start at 27th?

I'm convinced they started on the 27th. I managed to see the store within five minutes of it opening and right off the bat it said dispatch on the 27th. I'm pretty sure I was one of the first as I read a lot of comments saying people couldn't even get on the store.

Top Bottom