• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Scarphace

Called into tmobile to use my JOD. Couldnt get the order placed because the system was having problems. Rep told me to call back in 30 min. Called in a second time and the system was still down and rep said she would call me back. Waited a little while and got a call back stating the system was still down and she will contact me again when she is able to place the order. She says I wont lose my place in line but I dont believe that. Baffles me how every year tmobile manages to screw it up.

Fliesen

... fantastic, now the company credit card is maxed out, because it's got a € 3.000 limit and we want to order 3 phones + appleCare, which is around 3.100

... emotional rollercoaster, i tell ya.

Got my 128gb plus black order in from verizon. Should be here by the 23rd!

... fantastic, now the company credit card is maxed out, because it's got a € 3.000 limit and we want to order 3 phones + appleCare, which is around 3.100

Just get applecare later

How much are you over? You have 90 days to add AppleCare to a device...

Fliesen

haha, thanks for the advice, but he just emailed, it's not the total cost of phones, but the fact that a colleague in middle management used the card for the Hotel stay of 5 colleagues that went on a business trip to Germany.

BUT, the lead of the purchasing department has another card, he'll be using that one. All is well!

I want that phone before NYCC!

edit: aaaaaand we're good. "Shipping Sept. 28-30"

I called back, T-Mobile tried to convince me to give up on the order, suggesting I wait until the morning. Crazy thing is, they are just using a web browser themselves to make the order internally (my rep tried switching from IE to Chrome).

Edit: She gave up - she said she talked to people, and they said the system would be down for two hours or so

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I called back, T-Mobile tried to convince me to give up on the order, suggesting I wait until the morning. Crazy thing is, they are just using a web browser themselves to make the order internally (my rep tried switching from IE to Chrome).

The way T-Mobile works I'm surprised they are using web browsers for their orders instead of taping paper to hamsters.

AkumaNiko

all these tmobile issues remind me of what i went through during the 6 launch, now im with VZW

also i am noticing that that the regular 7's all deliver on 9/16 except jet black on vzw and apple

f@luS

More than a member.
I finally picked up the 7plus 128 instead of the 7

At first like previous iPhone t was supposed to be just

-better screen (1080p)
-better battery

But it's now confirmed to have

-3gb ram
-better camera

I like the 7 size better but it's too many advantages on the Plus this time ... And stereo speaker should be a marvel watching Netflix on the bigger screen

Bgamer90

Banned
I can finally get in but it's now saying that I won't be able to get it until early October.

Wondering if I should just try going into an Apple Store next Saturday (day after launch).

Enzom21

I can finally get in but it's now saying that I won't be able to get it until early October.

Wondering if I should just try going into an Apple Store next Saturday (day after launch).

That's how I got my 6 plus, there were only three people in line.

Is there anything I'm misinterpreting for the Verizon trade in deal?

$650 in credit seems to be a bit more than what I can sell my 6s+ to another person. I'm wondering if there's some sort of rip off trick in the fine print, or another deal that's better somehow.

For anyone in the UK thinking of getting in on the upgrade program, I have been looking into sim only deals, and the best place I could find was Virgin.

30-day-SIM-1180_v2.jpg

It runs off the EE network so it should have pretty good signal. Although if you would rather be with another network, chances are most will probably price match this. I spoke to Vodafone and they said they would do 2gb data, unlimited texts and minutes, 500minutes roaming for £10.80 (although this is a 12 month contract, not a rolling 30 day one).

I called Tmobile to upgrade using the jump program but they said their systems were down. They put my order through as a regular upgrade so I wouldn't lose my place in line. Then they said on Monday they would call me to switch it back to jump. Right now they are trying to charge me around $400 to do this upgrade (they don't charge you until the phone ships) but there's no way I'm going to go through with this if that's what I actually have to pay once they switch it back to jump. Should be much cheaper....hopefully

Fliesen

For anyone in the UK thinking of getting in on the upgrade program, I have been looking into sim only deals, and the best place I could find was Virgin.

30-day-SIM-1180_v2.jpg

It runs off the EE network so it should have pretty good signal. Although if you would rather be with another network, chances are most will probably price match this. I spoke to Vodafone and they said they would do 2gb data, unlimited texts and minutes, 500minutes roaming for £10.80 (although this is a 12 month contract, not a rolling 30 day one).

"2500 minutes, unlimited texts" screw that noise.

make it 200 minutes, 200 texts and 4 gigs of data.

Austria is currently blessed with a high-competition mobile landscape. Cheapest plans are currently 3 gigs of LTE data, 1000 (minutes or texts) for just € 9,90 / month - no contract.

Locked in my iPhone 7 Black 32gb at around 8:05am, delivery set for 16th Sept. I accidentally ordered 2 but I managed to get it changed to 1 by speaking to someone on the live chat for about 40 minutes lol.

I was going to leave it and return the spare but I didn't wanna take away someone else's pre-order because of my own stupidity.

Rootbeer

Banned
Post up what cases people are liking at the moment!

Loving the look of this need to setup amazon forwarding program so I can get it in Australia.

719_OYy_WQDPL_SL1500.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KKWFDVS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I like it, but i'm really fond of cases with clear backs. I like some of the caseology ones along those lines. My current 6S+ case is from them, the skyfall. I'll probably end up getting a 7 Skyfall cause it's a great balance of features without adding much bulk.

Deku Tree

We're people on the iPhone upgrade program from last year able to order the new iPhone 7 online at launch? Can you get it delivered or do you need to do in store pick up?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I like it, but i'm really fond of cases with clear backs. I like some of the caseology ones along those lines. My current 6S+ case is from them, the skyfall. I'll probably end up getting a 7 Skyfall cause it's a great balance of features without adding much bulk.

Just checked out the "waterfall" (what they seem to be calling 7Plus Skyfall) caseology case for 7Plus looks sexy too might order two. How is the protection on the case don't need it to be super hardcore but pretty decent protection would be nice.

That brown Apple leather case with the white iPhone looks nice but any recommendations for a nice case that also have a front cover for the screen?

Red

I feel like I'm missing something on the Apple website. Is there any way to make an appointment to start the Apple upgrade program? I checked the Apple Store app too and can't find anything. Maybe it's best to wait a few days.

Trade up values for the 6s and 6s plus still aren't listed.

Rootbeer

Banned
I settled on a basic, yet reputable Ultra Hybrid case from Spigen

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIWGFMU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not flashy, just some basic protection from scratches & dents and some light drop protection.

I have never once dropped my phone, even though I'm constantly walking around with it in my hand (even with my hand dropped down to my side.) Although I did one time have my 6S+ in my pocket without a case and bumped into the corner of a desk which left a small dent on the back... after that is when I decided to stop going caseless.

If I am going to be on the iPhone Upgrade program, do I even need a case? If it is scratched and dented will they not allow me to trade it in.

SeanR1221

All the regular 7 colors and models are still available to pre order. And all the pluses are gone now. This is really weird, I have no clue what happened with the plus starting at 3 (only rose gold was available at every store in PA)

I settled on a basic, yet reputable Ultra Hybrid case from Spigen

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIWGFMU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not flashy, just some basic protection from scratches & dents and some light drop protection.

I have never once dropped my phone, even though I'm constantly walking around with it in my hand (even with my hand dropped down to my side.) Although I did one time have my 6S+ in my pocket without a case and bumped into the corner of a desk which left a small dent on the back... after that is when I decided to stop going caseless.

My wife has one of these on her iPhone SE. Works really well, you can see the pink (sorry, Rose Gold) colour through it nicely and it's cheap (£6 on Amazon UK). it's flexible material too, so no risk of it scratching the phone at all.

Mr Swine

Banned
I finally picked up the 7plus 128 instead of the 7

At first like previous iPhone t was supposed to be just

-better screen (1080p)
-better battery

But it's now confirmed to have

-3gb ram
-better camera

I like the 7 size better but it's too many advantages on the Plus this time ... And stereo speaker should be a marvel watching Netflix on the bigger screen

A link to that confirmation that 7 Plus has 3 GB of ram?

Milly79

After all the T-Mobile mess near the launch, I was able to wake up at 5am and still reserve one to be shipped on 9/15. Went with the 32gb Matte Black. I hardly use 30gb on my 128gb now, so it shouldn't be an issue. i even took to Twitter to voice my concerns and they were more than happy to help me with my order. So, +1 to them for being responsive.

derder

Woops... Fell asleep. 7+ will be delivered on Oct 4.

This is my first time buying an iPhone at launch. I'm on T-Mobile. What are my options in terms of getting the phone earlier?

Well, I might just get up and go around town next Friday and see if I can get a phone since I don't think my order for the 26-29 is gonna upgrade to release delivery. Don't really wanna do Apple Store, but that'd probably be my best bet for a jet black phone. Thinking I might try Target or the smaller AT&T shops for a matte black Plus if I'm feeling lazy. I've never missed an iPhone day 1 dammit.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm trying to preorder on T Mobile's site for a matte black Plus and it says it will ship on late Sept-early Oct.

I wonder if I should just go to a T Mobile store next week.

Top Bottom