• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

kaskade

For the Apple Upgrade Program, on the confirmation page it says this. This means that it only connected to Verizon to confirm me as a customer, but that it doesn't affect my contract at all, right (or bill, since it's through AUP)?

Verizon Information

Verizon Terms: No Commitment
Fees and rate plan charges will appear on your next Verizon bill.
Additional features and/or price adjustments related to your account are not reflected in these prices.

You got it. I was a little nervous when I first did the program with the 6s because I was mid contract and I wasn't sure if it was going to work. There was some conflicting info as to whether or not it would work on contract at the time.

All they do is scan the box and it pretty much just activates the phone to your line. I think they really need an activation with a carrier to prevent fraud. All the iPhone payments go through Citizen One. It should just auto charge to your credit card that you used when you signed up. Your Verizon bill will be the same. I think they just charge a shitty activation fee now.

An-Det

You got it. I was a little nervous when I first did the program with the 6s because I was mid contract and I wasn't sure if it was going to work. There was some conflicting info as to whether or not it would work on contract at the time.

All they do is scan the box and it pretty much just activates the phone to your line. I think they really need an activation with a carrier to prevent fraud. All the iPhone payments go through Citizen One. It should just auto charge to your credit card that you used when you signed up. Your Verizon bill will be the same. I think they just charge a shitty activation fee now.

Thanks! That's what I figured, but always good to check. I've still got unlimited data with Verizon, so I'm always super nervous when switching phones.

kaskade

People who were right there at 3am even missed out on both blacks

They must've had shortages for the black. I really don't think my local store had any. I was right there on the app as soon as it refreshed and there were no 256gb phones at all and no Black ones. I wonder if there was a bit of a shortage since it's a new color black? I figured the Jet Black would definitely be but not the regular.

I was debating between the white and black so I just got the Silver anyway. I can always go for the black next year or just exchange it if there's any within the two weeks.

Deku Tree

I accidentally ordered the white/silver but at least I got release day delivery on the 7 Plus 128GB. I've had white iPhones before. I think I'm just gonna keep it. Planning to upgrade to the ten year anniversary phone next year anyways and I'd like to be eligible to upgrade on day 1.

They must've had shortages for the black. I really don't think my local store had any. I was right there on the app as soon as it refreshed and there were no 256gb phones at all and no Black ones. I wonder if there was a bit of a shortage since it's a new color black? I figured the Jet Black would definitely be but not the regular.

I was debating between the white and black so I just got the Silver anyway. I can always go for the black next year or just exchange it if there's any within the two weeks.

Yeah I went straight to 256 jet black Plus for AT&T, it was backordered, and in the thirty seconds it took to change it to matte black I was already backordered to Sept 27-29. Still hoping my ship date moves up cause it felt more like an error than me actually missing it.

Yeah, in Montreal Matte/Jet both were sold out within 60 seconds of the Apple Store opening. So I have a preorder on silver but maybe will just cancel and deal with my horrible provider. Not impressed by the white top. Does anyone here go white front (silver/gold/rose) every time?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anybody try preordering in an apple store this morning?(T-Mobile and want apple upgrade)
How were the lines?

Milly79

If the site was unable to process my trade in (T-Mobile), do I have to call them to get the limited offer? Or can I just go ahead and do it through the site regularly?

Draper

I ordered both blacks at around 3:07 AM because I wasnt sure which one I wanted. Unfortunately the Jet Black doesn't arrive till the beginning of October so there won't be a return window overlap in order to compare the two.

Hmm...

Dominator

Wait, trying to order through a Verizon upgrade right now. It says it's gonna charge me the full price for the phone up front? What's up with that??

Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm assuming subsidization doesn't exist anymore?

breakfuss

Wait, trying to order through a Verizon upgrade right now. It says it's gonna charge me the full price for the phone up front? What's up with that??

Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm assuming subsidization doesn't exist anymore?

lolol it doesn't appear so. idk how i got my 6. definitely didn't pay for it upfront.

So none of you care about the missing headphone jack? In the other thread, 100% of this forum seems to be up in arms about it, with promises of never buying another Apple product again.

TwIsTeD

Went 128GB Plus Black Verizon - ship date 28th

Was all set at 32gb and then realized how much storage data is required for 4K video and decided to pony up the extra $100 - even with iCloud Photo Library it was going to cut it too close

Yeah I went straight to 256 jet black Plus for AT&T, it was backordered, and in the thirty seconds it took to change it to matte black I was already backordered to Sept 27-29. Still hoping my ship date moves up cause it felt more like an error than me actually missing it.

Last year when I ordered my 6s Plus thorugh AT&T, I ordered hours later, and it had the two to three week delay. The days got closer to the release date, my order shipped out of the blue. I just got lucky to get it on release day.

I ordered rose gold at the last second, lol. I've had a black iPhone for the past year, and a black iPad Mini, and figured I'd like a change. Plus it looks so good in photos.
So none of you care about the missing headphone jack? In the other thread, 100% of this forum seems to be up in arms about it, with promises of never buying another Apple product again.
Nah, I only use the stock headphones now so the only thing that changes for me is the port I put it in.

Brewmont

Banned
Preordered mine through Sprint this morning at 7am, Delivery on Sept. 16th for the 128gb black regular 6. Maybe I got lucky?

Nah, I have bluetooth headphones and the included earpods will work just fine as well. My car has a USB to lightning cable, so i'm covered there too. People are always going to resist change but eventually this uproar will be a thing of the past.

KidOmega

So the app didn't let me in until about 1:15am. Ordered the 128 GB matte black Plus for delivery October 4-10 at full price. Tried my local Best Buy and preordered at 1:30am for in store pick up on the 16th through ATT Next keeping my grandfathered plan.

I've never done preordering though Best Buy. Will they honor the 16th for pickup or will they change that on me? As for ATT Next how is that? I was just going to immediately pay it off. It just didn't give me an option to pay in full.

Hero

So wasn't really interested in this year's model since I have the 6s but the Verizon deal hsa me thinking, since it'd be a "free" upgrade.

It seems like the only downside is that you're essentially locked in for two years?

So let's say I trade in my 6s for the 600 credit or whatever, and they apply that to the monthly cost of the new iPhone (so it'd be a net 0, or more if I choose a better model).

That's cool, I guess? But what happens next year when I want the next model? Will they continue to apply the credit of my 6s to the next version? Could I trade in the 7 as well at that point or?

I am caught up in some loop of dealing with Citizens One and some 3rd party company they employ. I tried to apply for the iUP last night and when I finally got to the point of submitting my info, it got held up because of a fraud alert I had to place on my credit reports because of someone opening like 15 lines of cell service in my name to be able to steal a bunch of iPhones and iPads from Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint (yay identity theft!). I call Citizens One to resolve give them whatever info they needed to prove that I am me so I can eventually place an order using the upgrade program. After 45 minutes on hold I finally talk to someone who tells me that they deal with a 3rd party company that handles that stuff and that they'll call within 24 hours to ask for whatever personal info they need and then tell me how to proceed.

While I appreciate that the fraud alert actually worked in regards potentially stopping someone else from taking a loan out against my credit, I wish they would have had a way to prevent this by letting people with fraud alerts (of which there are probably more than you would think due to all of the identity theft today) supply whatever personal info was needed beforehand to just let us use the iPhone Upgrade Program like everyone. Now I sit here and wait for this to be resolved at some point today hopefully, while shipping times are probably going to keep slipping. The most frustrating thing is that I was able to slip in at like 3:02 this morning before a lot of people were having luck and grab the exact phone I wanted for delivery the 16th until the fraud alert popped.

Tadale

I ordered right at 3:00 am EST from T-mobile's site: one jet black 128gb iPhone 7 and a jet black 128gb plus. Shipping between 9/19 and 9/26 - I guess I got lucky.

Got into the app at 12:05, prior to that it was down. Using the apple upgrade program, was asked to reserve at the store. None of the Apple Stores in my area (6 of them) had ANY black, jet black or silver in stock, and only one store had gold in stock. Rose gold was in stock everywhere. This is for the 7+.

I am debating whether to get this through the UK Upgrade Program or to sell my old phone and buy the new one outright. On the Apple website it says for a 32gb:

£718 purchase over 20 monthly payments at 0% p.a. (fixed) would cost £33.45 per month. £49 upfront payment required.
Total cost of credit £0. Total amount of credit £669.

What would the benefit be of getting it on this with Apple Care, if you already get a years warranty?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Damn I want a Jet Black Plus so much. I'm on Virgin so I can't get a new phone until they start offering them and I have the money since I have to pay the full price. It's gonna be $750+tax since I need to get a 128GB model. I mean 32 is still more than the 16 I've had at most so far, but I should future-proof myself.

By the time I can afford it, I'm sure the rumors for the 10th anniversary model will be in full swing and we'll know for certain whether it's a brand new design or just a 7S.

I am trying to buy a T-Mobile phone for a friend. Assuming they have stock, can I just go to an Apple Store next Friday and buy the phone for the full price and walk out? Or will they make me enter the person's T-Mobile information and stuff like that (which I don't have)?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Early reports from Reddit saying those wanting the Apple upgrade program in T-Mobile cannot preorder through any method due to the app having to activate the physical phone.

This means we are stuck with post release in store apple reservations....

Here is hoping I get one by christmas. :-/

Thaedolus

Eh I said fuck it, if I have to pay a hundred bucks for my crack then whatever. Reservation for the 16th at 1130, black 128GB...

manakel

So - I'm with Verizon. I originally got the Note 7, and I returned it after the whole exploding fiasco and went back to my iPhone 6. Well when they put my iPhone back on my account, for whatever reason their system must've thought it was a new phone and pushed my upgrade date back by two years. I couldn't preorder last night unless I bought it at full retail.

I'm obviously going to contact Verizon to get this fixed, but I'm assuming it's way too late to preorder now as I'm reading shipment dates are now pushed to November. What are the odds of Verizon having launch day phones for walk-ins who didn't preorder?

FinKL

Early reports from Reddit saying those wanting the Apple upgrade program in T-Mobile cannot preorder through any method due to the app having to activate the physical phone.

This means we are stuck with post release in store apple reservations....

Here is hoping I get one by christmas. :-/

I was going to ask, how do I sign up for the Apple Upgrade Program on TMo? I bought through the Apple store (web), but the app gives me the same options of just buying it outright.

I got my wife a 7 black with 8am reservation, was assuming I can sign up there, but my 7+ comes in October? How would I sign up for the Upgrade Program, if they are shipping it to me?

Different audience. A thread about buying will attract people interested in buying and one about complaints will attract the miffed.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Question: If I were to go to T-Mobile store today, could I make a reservation and pick it up there in the future, or are they only accepting reservations online?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I was going to ask, how do I sign up for the Apple Upgrade Program on TMo? I bought through the web, but the app store gives me the same options of just buying it outright.

I got my wife a 7 black with 8am reservation, was assuming I can sign up there, but my 7+ comes in October? How would I sign up for the Upgrade Program, if they are shipping it to me?

From my understanding (what Apple told me last night) is since you reserved for full price you need to pay full price, activate, return, then buy with Apple Upgrade and then finally activate.

They were pretty sure returning it cancelled the stock reservation and getting on Apple upgrade would be the same as if you barely walked through the door on release.

Basically if that's true you gain nothing with the full price reservation.

Your shipped phone cannot be put on Apple upgrade. You will be charged full price right before they ship.

You are in the same boat as me. We have to wait until after release as there is literally no way to preorder and do a t-mobile apple upgrade program before the 16th.

DOWN

Banned
Just to check before I ask Apple: having them correct my shipping address for sure won't mess up my order date or something? Like it won't accidentally cancel and become a new order? I got a Sept 16 date and I can't handle losing it lol

Top Bottom