• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kinda want it but don't want to be locked into a two year contract :-/
It's actually hard to find a 2 year contract phone buy any more. Almost every carrier is doing some sort of lease program.

We are on the apple upgrade plan which is nice. I can take my phone anywhere I want.

derder

I'm trying to preorder on T Mobile's site for a matte black Plus and it says it will ship on late Sept-early Oct.

I wonder if I should just go to a T Mobile store next week.
I'm thinking the same thing.

If I'm a T-Mobile user, what's the difference between going to the Apple store vs going to the T-Mobile store?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm thinking the same thing.

If I'm a T-Mobile user, what's the difference between going to the Apple store vs going to the T-Mobile store?

T-Mobile will give you $600 for your iPhone 6/6+, while Apple will offer you less (I believe $250). If you're getting a 32 GB model, it's free if you trade in.

All the regular 7 colors and models are still available to pre order. And all the pluses are gone now. This is really weird, I have no clue what happened with the plus starting at 3 (only rose gold was available at every store in PA)

It's 2014 all over again for those Pluses!

I missed out on matte black because I tried for the Apple Upgrade Program and failed the CitizensOne credit check for "Too many inquiries last 3 months". My credit score being a healthy 760 was irrelevant I suppose, since my only two hard credit inquiries were for a car loan in June and signing up for AT&T the day before looking into iPhones. Hard credit checks are no joke, folks.

I was able to get the phones with an AT&T Next plan though, but I had to go with Gold 7 Plus 128 instead of Black to get it Sept 16th instead of that vague '2-3 weeks'. Not a big deal since I have the aluminum gold Apple Watch though, so Gold wasn't that bad of a pick.

My wife is getting the Pink 7 Plus 32, but got caught up enduring the same CitizensOne credit check issue with me for the same "Too many checks in last 3 months" problem. She was able to get AT&T next but by the time the order went through at 3:30am, her shipping date was pushed back to Sept 27-29. Apple is usually pretty okay about shipping earlier though so we'll see.

AT&T pulled through with that Next plan at least. Hopefully that doesn't turn into a regret later.

Trade in program questions.

how do they value my phone over the internet?

I have killed 3 screens on my iphone 6 and replaced them with new ones. does this affect the value for trading in?

Red

T-Mobile will give you $600 for your iPhone 6/6+, while Apple will offer you less (I believe $250). If you're getting a 32 GB model, it's free if you trade in.
Will they give me $600 outright or only toward the 24 month deal? Would I have a hassle selling the 7 next year to get the 7s or 8 or whatever it is?

MThanded

Wasn't someone saying they do some kind of phone bill credit to make this work? Or was I mistaken.

Pretty sure it's not 600 outright.

Pineapple

All the regular 7 colors and models are still available to pre order. And all the pluses are gone now. This is really weird, I have no clue what happened with the plus starting at 3 (only rose gold was available at every store in PA)

Yeah, this is what I'm seeing as well.

Everyone wants that dual lens camera on the Plus.

fwpx

Anyone know of a good 7+ case that is very thin and provides anti-slip protection? I like the harder plastic cases with a rubbery texture so theres no chance I ever drop my phone.

That's exactly what it's like. Going to try my luck at the Apple Store on Friday morning. My hope is they have some since my local store wasn't even an option for any phone at 3am

I was wondering if only Apple Upgrade people were offered in store reservations? Because I couldn't get one at any store for 200 miles of me, and even the regular 7 it still isn't being offered for reservations.

MThanded

I was wondering if only Apple Upgrade people were offered in store reservations? Because I couldn't get one at any store for 200 miles of me, and even the regular 7 it still isn't being offered for.
That's the only way that Apple upgrade people can upgrade but it seems only some stores allowed the in store reservations. 3 stores in my area didn't have any reservations for upgrade people.

SeanR1221

Yeah, this is what I'm seeing as well.

Everyone wants that dual lens camera on the Plus.

I was wondering if only Apple Upgrade people were offered in store reservations? Because I couldn't get one at any store for 200 miles of me, and even the regular 7 it still isn't being offered for.

I'm an apple upgrade program member, and this availability was at 3am as soon as pre orders went up.

Somethings up with the plus around me

That's the only way that Apple upgrade people can upgrade but it seems only some stores allowed the in store reservations. 3 stores in my area didn't have any reservations for upgrade people.

I'm an apple upgrade program member, and this availability was at 3am as soon as pre orders went up.

Somethings up with the plus around me

Well this ups my confidence of standing in line at Apple next week, but I really don't get the random nature of which stores offer it and which don't.

SeanR1221

Well this ups my confidence of standing in line at Apple next week, but I really don't get the random nature of which stores offer it and which don't.

My local store is in a huge shopping mall. Maybe they requested it to not have a huge line out the door who knows.

I'll try my luck as soon as the mall opens. Worst case I get s good breakfast

Wasn't someone saying they do some kind of phone bill credit to make this work? Or was I mistaken.

Pretty sure it's not 600 outright.
Phone bill credit over two years but you don't pay anything upfront for the new phone either. So basically it's a net zero (except for taxes)

Will they give me $600 outright or only toward the 24 month deal? Would I have a hassle selling the 7 next year to get the 7s or 8 or whatever it is?
Yeah, it has to be completely paid off before you trade the phone in.

Red

Preordering through T-Mobile forces me into a T-Mobile ONE plan. No thanks.
Yeah, it has to be completely paid off before you trade the phone in.
How would they know if I sold it elsewhere?

Maybe it's better to wait for a jump on demand deal. Last year they had a couple of other incentives pop up the week or two after preorders started.

You have to call them or go to a store to keep your original plan if you see that.

How would they know if I sold it elsewhere?

Maybe it's better to wait for a jump on demand deal. Last year they had a couple of other incentives pop up the week or two after preorders started.
They won't know if you sold it... But I'm guessing at that point you'll still have a balance on your phone and will not be eligible for an upgrade.

pdk27

Don't go through the iPhone 7 preorder button. Log into your account and click to upgrade your phone. I will let you pick the iPhone 7 and keep your plan.

derder

I'm paying the full amount up front - I'm coming from the Nexus 6p. What's the difference between the Apple store and T-Mobile? Can I do applecare+ if I buy it from T-Mobile?

Anion

I am part of AT&T's 30 month Next program. So I pay $25 for the 64GB iPhone 6S...

I still owe them $499.99. If I can sell my iPhone on eBay or Swappa for any more quickly, then I'm down for choosing this route. Tough though cause once I pay for the "payoff," I have to make sure it gets sold lol

pdk27

I'm paying the full amount up front - I'm coming from the Nexus 6p. What's the difference between the Apple store and T-Mobile? Can I do applecare+ if I buy it from T-Mobile?

T-Mobile will try and sell you their insurance plan. You have 30 days to buy Applecare from Apple after you've bought the phone even if you get it from T-Mobile. You just have to take the phone to the Apple store to show them it is not damaged.

Well I feel silly. I didn't need to stay up at all for this morning with T-Mobile.

Just got up, went to the website to do my JUMP! Upgrade and still got the 128GB expedited shipping for the 9/15 - 9/16 release date! It was a very simple process once the website was actually working.

giga

Got three 256 jet black pluses. One for the wife, one for the kid, and one for backup once one of them inevitably drops and cracks theirs.

Fhtagn

Regretting not waking up at 3am prompt to get a Jet Black 7+ 256gb, don't want to wait till November (and thus push back my iPhone 8 upgrade to November as well.)

Went with the regular black. Wish they'd introduce a non-black/space grey model with black on the front, I don't want white framing the screen.

It's ending up in a case anyway, so *shrug*

As it is, waiting till October I guess unless they catch up and ship earlier than estimated.

So since I couldn't do the Apple upgrade program over the web with T-Mobile I ordered a 7 and got it shipped to an Apple Store. I figure I'll cancel it when I go and see if they can do the upgrade program right there and I can skip the line. Anyone try this before?

Also are T-Mobile people able to go into the store today and do the program?

Are you doing the T-Mobile trade in for the "free" 7? Cause if so your kind of locked in for two years with them as they charge and credit you each month for two years for the phone.

KevinG

Posting this question one more time since the thread has slowed down, any help would be greatly appreciated:

Got a 7 Plus 128GB for delivery next Friday... To North Carolina. Wife and I live in Florida, but on my M-I-L's account.

My wife could pick up her phone in store down here, but I couldn't pick up mine.

Any chance we'd be able to change that?

TheZink

Anyone know of a good 7+ case that is very thin and provides anti-slip protection? I like the harder plastic cases with a rubbery texture so theres no chance I ever drop my phone.
I always buy the Apple leather cases. Good grip especially after a few days of use. I've dropped my phone plenty of times and never had a problem.

Regretting not waking up at 3am prompt to get a Jet Black 7+ 256gb, don't want to wait till November (and thus push back my iPhone 8 upgrade to November as well.)

Went with the regular black. Wish they'd introduce a non-black/space grey model with black on the front, I don't want white framing the screen.

It's ending up in a case anyway, so *shrug*

As it is, waiting till October I guess unless they catch up and ship earlier than estimated.

People who were right there at 3am even missed out on both blacks

TheZink

Posting this question one more time since the thread has slowed down, any help would be greatly appreciated:

Got a 7 Plus 128GB for delivery next Friday... To North Carolina. Wife and I live in Florida, but on my M-I-L's account.

My wife could pick up her phone in store down here, but I couldn't pick up mine.

Any chance we'd be able to change that?
I just spent an hour on hold with Apple to get my address changed but they did it no problem. 1(800) MYAPPLE

KevinG

I just spent an hour on hold with Apple to get my address changed but they did it no problem. 1(800) MYAPPLE

My issue might be that it's tied to my M-I-L's AT&T account, and to her address.

I just want to switch it to in store pick up, as that option wasn't available at 3:05 AM EST, for the Plus.

An-Det

For the Apple Upgrade Program, on the confirmation page it says this. This means that it only connected to Verizon to confirm me as a customer, but that it doesn't affect my contract at all, right (or bill, since it's through AUP)?

Verizon Information

Verizon Terms: No Commitment
Fees and rate plan charges will appear on your next Verizon bill.
Additional features and/or price adjustments related to your account are not reflected in these prices.

Soybean

I'd much rather go through Apple, but Verizon's trade-in deal was too good. $650 for an iPhone 6?! I'll have to wait until the 23rd to get the 7, but so be it.

TheZink

My issue might be that it's tied to my M-I-L's AT&T account, and to her address.

I just want to switch it to in store pick up, as that option wasn't available at 3:05 AM EST, for the Plus.
Mine is attached to my parents account. Did you order from apple or At&T?
I don't know about in store pickup but delivery addresses Apple will change if you call.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I just woke up, figured what the hell I'll see if they're all gone, pre-ordered the jet black plus 256gig on sprints site, it said same price as 128 gig as a promo, worked first try. Free delivery on 16th, that was easy I guess lol.

Thaedolus

I've got a 6S on the iPhone upgrade plan. I can reserve a 7 and keep paying about the same monthly fee, but my 6S has a small crack below the screen. It's hardly noticeable but I'm wondering if they'd reject it. I kind of want to do the upgrade just to get rid of the crack, think they'll charge me an applecare deductible on it?

Pachimari

I want this phone so bad, but I'm gonna go repair my iPhone 6 and then get the iPhone 7S Plus next year hopefully.

I'm glad for the rest of you who gets one. Looks like an amazing phone. :)

fwpx

I did my wifes upgrade via apple and it worked fine to put her on the payment plan. I still have the Verizon payment plan. I hate verizon and their shitty website made it so I'd get the phone a week later. Does anyone know if I turn the phone in outright, if that gets me out of their pay for the phone over time plan also? I'd rather just switch to giving apple money over Verizon... I'm also missing out on free Applecare+, which is super frustrating.

Top Bottom