• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

mf.luder

I want this phone so bad, but I'm gonna go repair my iPhone 6 and then get the iPhone 7S Plus next year hopefully.

I'm in the same boat. I am going to hold on to my 6 for one more year and upgrade next year. I bought a new blue chassis for my phone and I'm looking forward to installing it.

Has anyone been able to change their shipping address on their online order? This happens every time; AT&T locks it to billing and I can't get stuff shipped to my billing address. Generally a call will get this resolved, but they don't seem like they'll do it this time. Waited on hold for 2-and-a-half hours for nothing.

Has anyone been able to change their shipping address on their online order? This happens every time; AT&T locks it to billing and I can't get stuff shipped to my billing address. Generally a call will get this resolved, but they don't seem like they'll do it this time. Waited on hold for 2-and-a-half hours for nothing.

I changed mine like an hour ago. Had it set to my work address for some reason through Apple Pay, and just changed it to my home address. No issues.

I changed mine like an hour ago. Had it set to my work address for some reason through Apple Pay, and just changed it to my home address. No issues.
Are you on AT&T? The site says "Your order may be ineligible for change online. Contact an Apple Online Store representative at 1-800-MY-APPLE for further assistance." when I click edit. It has been fine every other time after I called. Don't know what the problem is now.

Dany

Banned
Had to cancel my sprint order from last night to change my leasing plan.

Now I'm getting matte black 128gb on the 16th. Sprint is nice in showing you which phones are available on the 16th or later.

Quake1028

Now my wife's phone which I ordered at 3:14AM is showing the 28th, and our AT&T business rep failed us completely and my phone is not coming until early October.

This is a fucking shitshow.

Balb

Ordered a 7 Plus. Is there an adapter that would allow me charge the phone while using the aux port in my car?

crustikid

Ended up with the regular 7 (store pickup) even though I thought I wanted a plus. It's too tricky to get a plus on launch day even though it's what most power users will want. This past year I had a 6S Plus and the only feature I want from the 7 Plus is the longer focal length (large screen is nice, but pocket bulge slays me and I tend to keep my battery topped off). I feel like the bokeh will be hit or miss, won't be delivered at launch, and much of the initial excitement from the keynote came from how Schiller explained how cameras work. And yeah real cameras, DSLRs, are pretty cool.

It remains to be seen how third party apps will adopt usage of the second camera. I wonder how tricky it will be to implement for say Snapchat which currently doesn't even take advantage of the OIS in my 6S Plus. I mostly wanted a 6S Plus last year for OIS and I find that I use it quite sparingly. /shrugs

Fliesen

The Griffin iTrip AUX might be for you

that's probably the best solution if the aux socket is close to the cigarette lighter port.
overall, i find those bluetooth -> aux solutions preferrable, as many of them also act as a button / hands free (for pausing music / picking up calls, calling up siri)

If it's in the glove compartment, or you have a cable wired through your dash or middle console that ends in a plug, not a socket, you'll have to improvise.

So, are we gonna be able to buy a 7 plus at a carrier store on Friday without waiting in line?
I really doubt it.

Cr7U6WVVMAAxOGo.jpg

But in the middle of October you'll probably be able to walk in anywhere and buy it.

kaskade

I was a little nervous since I didn't see the reservation in my Apple Store app this morning. It's showing up now though.

pbsapeer

Banned
Does anyone know why the Nike Apple Watch is delayed till end of October? I don't mind waiting just wondered if it had been confirmed

Animator

I don't see anything worth upgrading from my iphone 6 other than losing the headphone jack. Hope they pay some attention to the regular iphone in the next revision instead of putting all the cool stuff in the + version.

DOWN

Banned
What's the quality like on the official Apple leather cases?
Fantastic. I hate cases yet somehow don't mind using the leather a lot of the time (for when I don't think I'm safe going naked). Have used my 6 black leather case for 2 years. Just ordered the same one for 7 Plus. It's very slim, has a great microfiber lining so it doesn't seem like other cases where dirt can get rubbed on the phone hard in the case, and it feels nice.

Though one tip is that real leather can darken from too much contact with hands (from sweat and fingerprinting etc) so black or navy are the safest if you don't want to worry about dirt or aging color.

Erebus

I don't see anything worth upgrading from my iphone 6 other than losing the headphone jack. Hope they pay some attention to the regular iphone in the next revision instead of putting all the cool stuff in the + version.
They're that's why they put OIS in the regular sized version this year.

Vyer

Performance, battery, camera, touchid are all good to major improvements over the standard 6

Very high. If I hadn't decided to go caseless I'd be getting the leather ones

Fantastic. I hate cases yet somehow don't mind using the leather a lot of the time (for when I don't think I'm safe going naked). Have used my 6 black leather case for 2 years. Just ordered the same one for 7 Plus. It's very slim, has a great microfiber lining so it doesn't seem like other cases where dirt can get rubbed on the phone hard in the case, and it feels nice.

Though one tip is that real leather can darken from too much contact with hands (from sweat and fingerprinting etc) so black or navy are the safest if you don't want to worry about dirt or aging color.

Thanks for looking out guys! I don't mind spending the money it, if it's worth it (and it sounds like it is). I'll be sure to pick up one in black and another colour (to mix it up).

kaskade

I might try out one of those leather cases this time around. I like either that stormy grey or the saddle brown. I usually just use an inexpensive plastic case.

Are you on AT&T? The site says "Your order may be ineligible for change online. Contact an Apple Online Store representative at 1-800-MY-APPLE for further assistance." when I click edit. It has been fine every other time after I called. Don't know what the problem is now.

No, I bought it unlocked from Apple. I'm in the UK btw.
I did the change on the order page of the Apple Store website.

br3wnor

Man, I have a 6S+ but the fucking Jet Black 7+ is so sick looking and basically exactly what I want my smart phone to look like. Can't justify upgrading any time soon but looking forward to seeing pictures posted in here.

-griffy-

Banned
Did I screw myself over at all by choosing in-store pickup? It says ready on the 16th, and I check in between 11-11:30. No idea how that works though.

I chose in-store cause the only shipping address it gave me was my mom's house across town since she's primary account holder on our AT&T account, and no one was going to be there to accept delivery, whereas I can run to the Apple Store right by my work and pick it up. Just hoping it'll actually be there on launch day.

icespide

Banned
Did I screw myself over at all by choosing in-store pickup? It says ready on the 16th, and I check in between 11-11:30. No idea how that works though.

I chose in-store cause the only shipping address it gave me was my mom's house across town since she's primary account holder on our AT&T account, and no one was going to be there to accept delivery, whereas I can run to the Apple Store right by my work and pick it up. Just hoping it'll actually be there on launch day.

you'll definitely get a phone, just don't expect to stroll up at 11 and walk out in 10 minutes. I'd probably get there an hour or 2 early to be safe, there are usually lines for people doing in store pick up too =\

think of your "appointment" like an appointment at the dmv

I wish they announced Beats Studios with the new W1 chip as well as the Solo3s. I'd be willing to pay the extra for that bump in sound quality and over-ear versus on-ear

ReAxion

It will be. There'll be 2 lines. One for reservations and the other for non-pre-order folk.

Make sure your mom has you on her account as someone who's authorized to make changes to the account. You'll need to show your driver's license and probably use her last 4 digits of SSN to verify you're actually you.

GeoNeo

I disagree.

You've reserved the time slot & paid for the product you go in you pick up you did not screw yourself over. 😊

If the store did not have stock you would not have been able to pick time slot at all to pick up on 16th

Top Bottom