• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

I'm too lazy to rewatch but does anyone know the model of jaybird earphones apple showed off where you can adjust how much sound to let in?

So my car doesn't have any fancy Bluetooth capabilities. It has an auxiliary port that I use to connect my iPhone 5 whenever I want to listen to Spotify or a podcast. Am I just out of luck if I want to get the iPhone 7 or is there a solution that I'm not aware of?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So my car doesn't have any fancy Bluetooth capabilities. It has an auxiliary port that I use to connect my iPhone 5 whenever I want to listen to Spotify or a podcast. Am I just out of luck if I want to get the iPhone 7 or is there a solution that I'm not aware of?
It comes with an adapter.
This seems updated on Apple's site. Mainly concerns TMobile customers wanting to use IUP.
Only way to get IUP is via walk in the store, not online/ship to store?

LMPpThX.png

Don't remember the banner looking like that last night
For me it still looks the same as last night. Don't have that in store only text.

SuperPac

Use the Lightning to 3.5mm dongle included in the box with the iPhone 7 or get a bluetooth adapter for your car. There are plenty of options. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-kits-for-every-car-stereo/

Red

Use the 3.5mm to Lightning adapter? Or get an aux Bluetooth adapter.

Anion

I simply do not understand this AT&T Promotion (the one where you do not need to be a new customer or need to buy DirectTV)
An AT&T spokesperson reached out to AppleInsider to note the existence of a second deal, similar to to the first but which doesn't require a DirecTV subscription or porting a phone number. Customers must simply trade in an iPhone 6 or 6s in "good working condition," and buy an iPhone 7 through AT&T Next. The older hardware must be owned outright.
Source

So, I have the 30 month AT&T Next Program for my iPhone 6S 64GB where I pay $25 per month (so I have $500 left to pay off). With this promotion, I am going to have to 1) Pay AT&T $500 to pay off my launch iPhone 6S and 2) Give them my phone to get a iPhone 7? It doesn't seem like a good deal at all.
Sometimes I wish I had Verizon instead lol.

I was supposed to hear from Citizens One about working around the fraud alert on my credit reports so I can do the iUP, and nothing. I even called them this morning to try and do all of the work for them and they specifically said I had to wait to receive a call from their 3rd party company. I just want to order a damn phone and be done with it lol.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
ordered off ATT.com 7 plus matte black 128GB, preparing for shipping 😎
Ordered mine at 11:58 PM PST last night and mine has a Sept 30 ship date :(

Has been in Preparing to Ship status since I've been able to check the status.

emag

So, I have the 30 month AT&T Next Program for my iPhone 6S 64GB where I pay $25 per month (so I have $500 left to pay off). With this promotion, I am going to have to 1) Pay AT&T $500 to pay off my launch iPhone 6S and 2) Give them my phone to get a iPhone 7? It doesn't seem like a good deal at all.

Why doesn't it seem like a good deal? You get a free upgrade from your 6S to an iPhone 7 (for which you won't pay any monthly charges, beyond possibly sales tax).

All four major providers are running essentially the same deal. Trade in your (fully paid off) iPhone 6/6s/+ and get an iPhone 7 free (in the form of 24 monthly credits, again excluding sales tax).

Vyer

I simply do not understand this AT&T Promotion (the one where you do not need to be a new customer or need to buy DirectTV)

Source

That promotion doesn't really apply to you if you're already on one of those type of upgrade plans. I'm not on AT&T any more but IIRC, If you're already on Next, then it should be that you trade your phone in and (especially if you're getting the regular 7) they just use roll your payment over to the new 7. Your bill should essentially stay the same (unless you move up, like say storage tiers or from the standard to the Plus). You just start a new 'lease' with the new phone.

That promotion is more for if you aren't doing that and you just have a current phone that's paid off and want to do the trade in. The standard base 7 they give you for free (in the form of bill credits for 24 mos). If you go bigger/more storage you'll probably have to pay some up front. EDIT: And reading more on it, they want you to then join NEXT in this scenario.

Primus

Just got back from the local Sprint Store, and had a very painless upgrade to the 7+ 128GB Matte Black. Upgrade fee was waived 'cause I'm at the end of my current lease anyways, phone is supposed to arrive by the end of the month. Took about 20 minutes for the whole thing.

Dany

Banned
Just got back from the local Sprint Store, and had a very painless upgrade to the 7+ 128GB Matte Black. Upgrade fee was waived 'cause I'm at the end of my current lease anyways, phone is supposed to arrive by the end of the month. Took about 20 minutes for the whole thing.
Upgrade fee is waived for everyone getting an iPhone 7 :p

Ashhong

If anybody else is like me and wants to do the trade in program AND possibly upgrade after a year, here is the way to do it according to a Verizon rep

You: If I trade in my iPhone 6 to get the iPhone 7, I would receive the trade in credit correct?
You: Now my question is, if after a year, I decide to sell my iPhone 7 and use a different phone that I purchase outside of Verizon, would I still receive the credits
You: You said that the payment plan would remain on my line, so then the credits should remain as well correct?
CHELSEA: Thank you for clarifying! You will still get the trade in credit for trading in the iPhone 6 to get the iPhone 7. The Device Payment will stay on your line until you pay off the agreement for the iPhone 7.
CHELSEA: In short, you are correct!
You: Ok so, just to confirm, selling the phone, someone else activating the iPhone 7, etc
You: Nothing will remove the payment plan from my account
You: and I will continue to pay it monthly and receive the credits for the full 2 years?
CHELSEA: That is correct! In this scenario, the only way to remove the Device Payment after you sold the phone to someone else, is to pay off the Device Payment balance.

If anybody else is like me and wants to do the trade in program AND possibly upgrade after a year, here is the way to do it according to a Verizon rep

To be fair a customer service rep's word isn't worth much. They routinely say shit that turns out to be false later.

Ashhong

To be fair a customer service rep's word isn't worth much. They routinely say shit that turns out to be false later.

True but it makes sense. The payment plan shouldn't go off of your line if you were to sell it. And as long as you have the payment plan going, you get the discounts. It's also the 3rd person to tell me this today.

I signed up for the Apple upgrade program (black plus, 256GB). Is there also a way to trade in my iPhone 6 for credit at a store somehow once the new phone arrives? Should/can I just use it as credit toward my next Mac purchase later this year?

Ashhong

I signed up for the Apple upgrade program (black plus, 256GB). Is there also a way to trade in my iPhone 6 for credit at a store somehow once the new phone arrives? Should/can I just use it as credit toward my next Mac purchase later this year?

You can always trade it in to Apple for 225$

If you trade it in at an Apple Store it can only be used as credit in that exact moment. If you already bought the phone it won't work. Better to sell the phone yourself or if you want an Apple Store gift card you can use any time, not just that moment, you can mail it in through their website

AkumaNiko

just a tip for everyone. On the 17th you can start reserving apple in store stock of what ever they have, including the 7 plus. I did it for my wifes Iphone 6 a couple of years ago. you will be surprised what you can find left over

But as it stands right now i have

(1) Iphone 7 128gb Rose Gold - 9-16-16
(1) Iphone 7+ 128gb Black - 9-23-16

If i can find one next week end, great, if not, i dont mind waiting a few days....grumble.

Edit, well shit, i just looked again and found a 7+ for vzw at the space i wanted for the 16th. lucky me.

If you trade it in at an Apple Store it can only be used as credit in that exact moment. If you already bought the phone it won't work. Better to sell the phone yourself or if you want an Apple Store gift card you can use any time, not just that moment, you can mail it in through their website
Ah, that makes sense. I'll go for the gift card option so I can combine it with the friends & family discount.

DOWN

Banned
ok but this is the longest hold I've ever had in my life at over 2 hours and Apple plays the same 3 songs on repeat

Top Bottom