• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

A Penguin

I selected T-Mobile as my carrier on the Apple store check out screen but I am actually going to be on AT&T - I assume I'm still fine as both carriers use GSM?

Just got off Online Chat with an AT&T rep, whether this is true or not, I have no idea but

This rep stated that I should be able to trade in my phone even though I have already pre-ordered the iPhone 7 through AT&T and take advantage of the promotion. They stated that I should receive a trade in label to send my 6S in for trade in, but since I don't recall ever seeing a box to check the trade-in promotion, I asked what if I don't get that label. They stated I could just go in a store and do the promotion.

I also asked when does the promotion end, and they stated that they do not currently have a date.

So with the information I gathered, I should still be able to take advantage of the trade in promotion even though I don't remember seeing it anywhere when I pre-ordered my phone through AT&T. Here's to hoping they were right.

Ashhong

Just got off Online Chat with an AT&T rep, whether this is true or not, I have no idea but

This rep stated that I should be able to trade in my phone even though I have already pre-ordered the iPhone 7 through AT&T and take advantage of the promotion. They stated that I should receive a trade in label to send my 6S in for trade in, but since I don't recall ever seeing a box to check the trade-in promotion, I asked what if I don't get that label. They stated I could just go in a store and do the promotion.

I also asked when does the promotion end, and they stated that they do not currently have a date.

So with the information I gathered, I should still be able to take advantage of the trade in promotion even though I don't remember seeing it anywhere when I pre-ordered my phone through AT&T. Here's to hoping they were right.

Well I know for a fact this is the case for Verizon. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for all carriers.

ReAxion

If you trade it in at an Apple Store it can only be used as credit in that exact moment. If you already bought the phone it won't work. Better to sell the phone yourself or if you want an Apple Store gift card you can use any time, not just that moment, you can mail it in through their website

Are you sure the credit isn't also a Apple Store gift card? Not saying you're wrong, I just have a memory of a Apple Store gift card being immediately applied the last time I did a trade-in in store.

Armadilo

Banned
So I got screwed with tmobile jump, I gave them 80 bucks for nothing as they want me to give them 400 to get the i7 , fuck it.

I'm going to pay off the remaining of my phone and get the apple upgrade program, how does it work ?

Where do I sell my SE 16gb , so it's just 32 bucks a month plus tmobile plan ? When should I go

-714 credit, do I quality?

Are you sure the credit isn't also a Apple Store gift card? Not saying you're wrong, I just have a memory of a Apple Store gift card being immediately applied the last time I did a trade-in in store.

It's a gift that that then gets immediately applied to the phone you're buying. Can't walk out with it and use it later

Yes I'm positive

The exception is if you trade-in towards an iUP purchase then the phone's trade-in value is put back on the credit card. That's the only exception. If you want a general-use card you gotta mail it is

Bgamer90

Banned
just a tip for everyone. On the 17th you can start reserving apple in store stock of what ever they have, including the 7 plus. I did it for my wifes Iphone 6 a couple of years ago. you will be surprised what you can find left over

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I got screwed over trying to pre-order online last night (site wasn't working for me) so I'm going to try and get one from my local Apple Store.

Dinokill

A rep told me that the offer ends on 09/30/2016. I kinda worry because my iPhone ships on 10/07/16 and I hope I can trade my iPhone 6 before the 30th.

saelz8

So, is it safe to say that the most popular model is the Matte Black 128GB Plus? It's looking that way based on many responses online. I know it's the one I ordered.

I fucked up last night though. It burned. I set my alarm for 1:30 PM. I woke up at 4 on my own, so I'm in the October 4-9 Que.

DOWN

Banned
So the super cool Apple rep answered at around 2:54 hours into the call and said requesting the shipping address change shouldn't be an issue but she can't say for sure so I told her to go ahead and put the request in and I pray they don't change the date over it. She said the carrier will update it within 24 hours if they can and that hopefully it won't change the order date from Sep 16

KevinG

So the super cool Apple rep answered at around 2:54 hours into the call and said requesting the shipping address change shouldn't be an issue but she can't say for sure so I told her to go ahead and put the request in and I pray they don't change the date over it. She said the carrier will update it within 24 hours if they can and that hopefully it won't change the order date from Sep 16

Who is your carrier?
Apple iPhone Upgrade Program?

I'm in a similar situation but have been denied and address change after multiple attempts with talking to Apple today.

AkumaNiko

I have 2 stores 20 minutes away and 3 stores 45 minutes away, i kept refreshing and looking at all of them. found it at the closest store to me.

aparisi2274

Wasn't going to get the 7 because I had just got the 6s last year, but with the Apple Upgrade program, you can update every year so I said WTF and preordered the 256gb iPhone 7 matte black edition... it'll be available at my local Apple store for me on release day.

Anion

Why doesn't it seem like a good deal? You get a free upgrade from your 6S to an iPhone 7 (for which you won't pay any monthly charges, beyond possibly sales tax).

All four major providers are running essentially the same deal. Trade in your (fully paid off) iPhone 6/6s/+ and get an iPhone 7 free (in the form of 24 monthly credits, again excluding sales tax).

That promotion doesn't really apply to you if you're already on one of those type of upgrade plans. I'm not on AT&T any more but IIRC, If you're already on Next, then it should be that you trade your phone in and (especially if you're getting the regular 7) they just use roll your payment over to the new 7. Your bill should essentially stay the same (unless you move up, like say storage tiers or from the standard to the Plus). You just start a new 'lease' with the new phone.

That promotion is more for if you aren't doing that and you just have a current phone that's paid off and want to do the trade in. The standard base 7 they give you for free (in the form of bill credits for 24 mos). If you go bigger/more storage you'll probably have to pay some up front. EDIT: And reading more on it, they want you to then join NEXT in this scenario.

Ahhh I see. This make sense now to me. Thanks guys, Idk I was just a bit confused before but it all seems to make sense now.

Sh0k

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

see what you can find now. the apple stores have a lot of 7's. i got lucky and found a 7+ (wrong color, right size) and reserved it.

Why the apple store is only giving me the option to reserve with the iPhone upgrade program? What happens if I want to get the regular 24 months program, can I exchange that at the store? If I want to trade-in my iPhone 6 at the moment I pickup the new iPhone, can I apply the $225. towards the price of the 7 and lower the monthly payments?

DOWN

Banned
Who is your carrier?
Apple iPhone Upgrade Program?

I'm in a similar situation but have been denied and address change after multiple attempts with talking to Apple today.
AT&T. She sounded like she checked if she was allowed to make the address request and then did it so I'm assuming she didn't make a mistake?

Ambient80

GAF: white or black front on your iPhone?

I've had a white front for a while, and I find it unappealing. At first I thought it was cool, but watching videos on it is irritating, and I can't exactly put my finger on why. I guess when I'm watching videos or whatever at night I like for the bezel to fade away. A white front makes them sort of distracting, I guess.

KevinG

AT&T. She sounded like she checked if she was allowed to make the address request and then did it so I'm assuming she didn't make a mistake?

So strange. Multiple chats and phone calls and I was told that Citizen One did not allow the address change for security reasons.

Now my order is preparing to ship, so I assume my cause is over regardless. Mine is shipping to NC, but I live in Florida.

DOWN

Banned
So strange. Multiple chats and phone calls and I was told that Citizen One did not allow the address change for security reasons.

Now my order is preparing to ship, so I assume my cause is over regardless. Mine is shipping to NC, but I live in Florida.
Yeah I'm on iUP too and AT&T and she said sometimes they don't do she would check and she didn't say no so... I'll just kill myself if my shipment gets delayed

Yeah I seriously can't find an option that says anything about trading in my phone on the AT&T website except for that trade-in program where I'll get like 220$ for a regular trade-in.

I get the feeling that I'll get my phone and try to go do the promo and they'll offer me just that.

If that's the case, I'll just go trade in the damn phone at GameStop or something and put it towards a PS4 Pro.

Browsing eBay for an iPhone 6 to trade in is depressing. People don't take care of their shit at all. All those poor screens...

Yeah I seriously can't find an option that says anything about trading in my phone on the AT&T website except for that trade-in program where I'll get like 220$ for a regular trade-in.

I get the feeling that I'll get my phone and try to go do the promo and they'll offer me just that.

If that's the case, I'll just go trade in the damn phone at GameStop or something and put it towards a PS4 Pro.
From what the rep told me I am supposed to receive an email with details about the trade-in once the iPhone 7 ships and then I can just go to a store once I receive the phone and trade-in the old one.

I just bought a new official case for my iPhone 6. I will clean up the phone, apply the case, do some app spring cleaning then backup/restore when iOS 10 releases. That'll ease my purchasing urge.

I went iPhone 4-5-6. I'm breaking my pattern and it feels weird, but it will pay off this time next year.

From what the rep told me I am supposed to receive an email with details about the trade-in once the iPhone 7 ships and then I can just go to a store once I receive the phone and trade-in the old one.

That's what I was told too. My only worry is that, since I didn't necessarily click anything that states that I was opting into the trade-in program, that I won't get anything that mentions it.

Upon further investigation, if I were able to do that trade in promo, I would probably get a Promo Code to enter into the online form if I were to do it that way. That would probably increase my trade-in value to match the promo offer.

I guess I shouldn't worry about it that much. Might just be overthinking lol.

Going to trade in my Note 7 and order a 7 Plus. And see if I can find cheap phone to use in the meantime until it ships. A shame because I like my Note7 but it's not worth the hassle of dealing with Samsung.

EDIT: I don't get how the AT&T deal works if you're on the grandfathered unlimited plan? My 2 year contract ends on the 12th and I'm up for changing my plan to Next Every Year for the deal.
But when I go to the check out page it says I only have the Nation 450 w/Rollover Minutes as my plan.

What am I getting for my data then? I chose to upgrade my device instead of adding a new line.

r8wqRjz.png

Very nervous about getting it shipped to where I live. I normally ship everything to my mother's house and just drive out and pick it up.

Got a fuck ton of shady neighbors. But the one major trouble-maker is locked up for two months so I should be good.

Not gonna risk trying to change anything. Got my 256gb Black 7+ not gonna try it, lol.

Very nervous about getting it shipped to where I live. I normally ship everything to my mother's house and just drive out and pick it up.

Got a fuck ton of shady neighbors. But the one major trouble-maker is locked up for two months so I should be good.

Not gonna risk trying to change anything. Got my 256gb Black 7+ not gonna try it, lol.

256GB? What are you going to do with that much storage?

256GB? What are you going to do with that much storage?

I have an Apple Music subscription although I tend to store my favorite albums locally to avoid data usage. So that's 30gb.

I have well over 100 movies via iTunes and like to watch whatever on the 2 hours commute. So I keep a few on deck.

Photos and especially videos. I do optimize for space. About 10gb of podcasts.

And games. Definitely games. I love my vita and 3ds but I have lugging that thing to and from work when I can just have my phone in my pocket and it's always there anyways.

I have a 128gb with about 6gb left...

And Google drive takes up a few gigs. I'm gonna own this thing for two years. I want room to spare. Tired of having to delete shit and manage space. I'd rather pay a little extra and be comfy. I use my phone a lot.

Ordered mine at 11:58 PM PST last night and mine has a Sept 30 ship date :(

Has been in Preparing to Ship status since I've been able to check the status.

Interesting. I ordered the 7+ 128gb black matte at about 12:40 AM PST and it's scheduled to ship September 23-30. Also says preparing to ship. What model did you order?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Neighbors in my area are fine.. FedEx on the other hand...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131380982&postcount=10524
Interesting. I ordered the 7+ 128gb black matte at about 12:40 AM PST and it's scheduled to ship September 23-30. Also says preparing to ship. What model did you order?
32gb matte black 7+ lol :(
fml
G4nwlZs.png

icespide

Banned
Going to trade in my Note 7 and order a 7 Plus. And see if I can find cheap phone to use in the meantime until it ships. A shame because I like my Note7 but it's not worth the hassle of dealing with Samsung.
can't you just get a refund for the note 7? will they even accept a trade for it because of the recall?

randome

These deals are only good for people who trade in a 6/6s NOT a 6+, right? I have a 6+ and want to get in on this kind of deal but it seems im SOL. I'm at ATT.

Top Bottom