• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Culex

Banned
I'm still on my 5s and love that I can hold it comfortably in one hand and type.

Is this possible with the 7plus? I really want to upgrade to it.

MrMephistoX

I'm still on my 5s and love that I can hold it comfortably in one hand and type.

Is this possible with the 7plus? I really want to upgrade to it.

You get used to it but I'd go 7 if I were you since it's less of a jump. My wife weighs like 105 soaking wet and she's had no,problems with the 6.

Ashhong

Sigh, I got a quote from a nearby repair store and it would cost $89 to replace the screen of an iPhone 5s.

Is $300 discount worth for iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black? I plan on selling that if somebody offers at least $1200 and I can order another phone.

Edit: I got another quote from another place for $69.

I forgot to reply to you earlier. If you are just going to trade it in, literally use any screen replacement from Amazon. Get one with Amazon prime in case it doesn't work at all and you can return it. As long as it turns on they will not notice anything

I've got AppleCare+ for my 256GB 7Plus, but was just wondering do these tempered glass screen protectors reduce the touch response?

I recall using normal screen protector years a go and the things were fucking horrible in how the reduced responsiveness & feel.

Edit: Tony do it.

Tempered glass feels amazing. Not quite as nice as marked but it's really close. Zero response reduction though

Any idea what I could realistically expect to get for a nearly new 6+ 64GB: Apple gave me a new one about 2 months ago rather than repair.

Craigslist was fine when I lived in Portland -aka the safest city in America- but I'm worried about getting robbed in L.A lol so thinking eBay.

I lived in LA and do Craigslist all the time. Just meet in a police station or a Starbucks. Somewhere public

I forgot to reply to you earlier. If you are just going to trade it in, literally use any screen replacement from Amazon. Get one with Amazon prime in case it doesn't work at all and you can return it. As long as it turns on they will not notice anything

I am worried about fucking up the repairs and a lot of screen replacement kits on Amazon have low ratings ~3 stars.

Anyone with experience of replacing iPhone screens, I could use some tips.

jts

...hate me...
Really the landscape mode in the + is rather useless imo. Just makes me lock the rotation more often, which in turn will get me annoyed more often when I play a video and it won't rotate and Apple still hasn't bothered me to put a button in the video player that will override the rotation lock setting, unlike the Youtube app.

Dany

Banned
How does the Sprint iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 upgrade work?

My gf has a 64 GB 6. She got it a couple of months ago (went with more space over the 6s 16 GB).

There is a monthly phone payment. If she upgrades to the 7, does that payment go away (about $25 a month I think it is)?

She likes her unlimited plan so she doesn't have a problem being 'stuck' for 2 years with that.

You have to make at least 10 payments on the lease before becoming eligible for an upgrade. BUT call sprint and see if they can waive that for you. They can be quite flexible

Ashhong

I am worried about fucking up the repairs and a lot of screen replacement kits on Amazon have low ratings ~3 stars.

Most of them are low ratings for quality or stop working at a later time. As long as yours works when you take it in that's all that matters. If you don't think you can do it though then maybe its not a good idea. But it's pretty easy, look up the steps on ifixit

Arsenic

Does anyone know if you can switch credit cards during the upgrade problem on Apple?

Problem is one person's card does quite have the credit clearance for 2 new phones (around $220 first payment) but I can offer to pay the first charges after which they remaining monthly balances can be handled by my brother and his GF ($64 total monthly).

I tried calling/chatting but shit was strained yesterday.

TheZink

I've got AppleCare+ for my 256GB 7Plus, but was just wondering do these tempered glass screen protectors reduce the touch response?

I recall using normal screen protector years a go and the things were fucking horrible in how the reduced responsiveness & feel.

I've been using them on my 6s plus. They seem to work fine.

kaskade

The glass screen protectors feel nice and don't seem to cause any issues. The only thing is that since the screen is rounded it leaves a bit of an edge. I've used them religiously for the past few iphones. They were great on the 5 series since it was perfectly flush with the front of the phone.

Since I have Apple care as well I was actually thinking of going protection less since the replacement is only 29 bucks for the screen under Apple Care now.

crustikid

Since I have Apple care as well I was actually thinking of going protection less since the replacement is only 29 bucks for the screen under Apple Care now.

That's what I was thinking of doing as well. I'll also be on iUP, so I feel like I'll get a new phone next year regardless and not have to worry about resale value. I've never gone without a screen protecter--EVER. Screen protectors are ~$20 at the Apple Store so the cost is negligible compared to the $29 replacement fee. I wonder if you can tell a difference once they replace a screen. I know non-apple replacements can leave a different tint.

Does Applecare+ limit you to just 2 screen replacements a year at $29? Plus the accidental coverage?

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
If I get a case, it will be between these two. I really can't decide. Both look really elegant. But then again, they're expensive as hell for a case I would probably rarely use.
MPbdZzO.png

-d0hv

DOWN

Banned
If I get a case, it will be between these two. I really can't decide. Both look really elegant. But then again, they're expensive as hell for a case I would probably rarely use.

-d0hv

I would definitely go with storm gray but I'm the subtle type.
I had saddle brown for a while and loved it but it does get a bit dirty in my experience. Grey looks good but I think it looks horrible anywhere else (cars, wallets) so I thought I would get tired of it.

So I went with black again which was my main case for the 6. Can't go wrong with black.

Deku Tree

I had a Spigen cases on a previous iPhone, I remember that they are very cheap but for me it was a one drop case. I have two small kids so my phone gets dropped. The first real drop was the end of my Spigen case but it did do it's job of preserving my phone.

Otterbox Symmetry is what I'll be getting. I currently have one on my iPhone 6. I've dropped my phone more than I like to admit, but there's been absolutely no damage to my phone.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I didn't like how thick my current cover is and I never really drop my phone so I'm going simpler this time.

That's a good look, but just a heads up if you don't know, the midnight blue cases are a lot darker in person. Almost black. And they become black over time.

-d0hv

KevinG

Naked since my first iPhone. Always some sort of wallet case.

4S - Closest to a case I've ever owned, Sena.

5 - DodoCase Durables Wallet

6 Plus - " "

7 Plus - reusing the same DodoCase from my two years with the 6 Plus

Mobius 1

Naked. It's smaller, the phone is resilient enough, and I don't mind signs of natural wear. Besides, in the event of a mishap, AppleCare will sort it out.

DOWN

Banned
I didn't like how thick my current cover is and I never really drop my phone so I'm going simpler this time.
That's the old case. The new one has metal buttons, no black plastic around the camera, and an 'etched' Apple instead of stamped:
QdYS0K1.jpg

Damn if y'all aren't convincing me to switch to grey:
lT65BBX.jpg

QHKlYzg.jpg

Unless you really really want the Apple branded case, third parties also make great cases.

For the price of 1 of the Apple cases, I got 3 Spigen cases:

Spigen-Neo-Hybrid-iPhone-7-Plus-Case.jpg

ip7_plus_liquid_armor_title01_large.jpg

Spigen-Ultra-Hybrid-iPhone-7-Plus-Case.jpg

Those look nice but how good is the drop protection?

I've always gone for Otterbox Commuter cases, even though they're $50 a pop. They've protected me against many a drop.

ultra7k

I've been using the Apple Leather cases since the iPhone 5, and they are super nice.

Slim enough, but offer pretty great protection. Plus, the leather gets a nice distressed look to it after time. For me, it's worth the money. The cheap ones from Aliexpress just aren't the same. Right off the bat you can tell they are inferior just by the touch.

I'm opting for a Storm Grey myself.

Top Bottom