• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

I'll be really curious how big of a difference going from 2GB -> 3GB of RAM makes.

The thing is, I don't feel like the 3GB will be fully taken advantage of until Apple majorly updates the operating system, allowing for greater multitasking, potentially more traditional memory management, and a larger focus on productivity.

And by the time that happens, I'll probably already be on a new phone.

Persona7

Banned
Any idea what I could realistically expect to get for a nearly new 6+ 64GB: Apple gave me a new one about 2 months ago rather than repair.

Craigslist was fine when I lived in Portland -aka the safest city in America- but I'm worried about getting robbed in L.A lol so thinking eBay.

In LA just tell the buyer to meet you at a police station. If they say no or offer an alternative, try again. The LAPD used to tell people to meet in the lobbies of police stations or other law enforcement facilities. Ebay is a huge risk.

Any idea what I could realistically expect to get for a nearly new 6+ 64GB: Apple gave me a new one about 2 months ago rather than repair.

Craigslist was fine when I lived in Portland -aka the safest city in America- but I'm worried about getting robbed in L.A lol so thinking eBay.

Use Swappa.

Do not use eBay to sell, only to buy.

crustikid

Banks also work. You get to see them withdraw the cash and there are tons of cameras. Also bank security doesn't seem to care.

cackhyena

That's the old case. The new one has metal buttons, no black plastic around the camera, and an 'etched' Apple instead of stamped:
QdYS0K1.jpg

Damn if y'all aren't convincing me to switch to grey:
lT65BBX.jpg

QHKlYzg.jpg

What case is that? Mine is a little busted up. I dig the gray one.

Mr Swine

Banned
Has Apple released any pictures taken by the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus? Other than the ones they showed at their conference?

Apple leather case is one of the few times I feel good about buying one of their usually overpriced accessories. The leather case is quality through and through. Fits well, feels great, looks good over time, slim enough, helps simple drops too.

icespide

Banned
I just like not worrying about the phone ever getting scratched and minor drops.

I also use frost screen protectors.
now especially that i upgrade every year it's just not worth it to me to be so paranoid about keeping it in perfect condition. a few nicks here and there is no big deal. drops and shatters are rare enough for me that i'm okay risking a repair fee

jts

...hate me...
So those wallpapers always showing up with the 7 are exclusive to the 7? Don't show up in my 6s+ with iOS 10. Laaaame.

Yup. AppleCare for sure. I went through 4 iPhone 5 due to manufacturing defects and it was a breeze. Never go without.

You need to pay for that in the US?
Should be free replacement or repair if it is a manufacturing defect (for three years even).
At least in Sweden (EU).

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
So those wallpapers always showing up with the 7 are exclusive to the 7? Don't show up in my 6s+ with iOS 10. Laaaame.

I have it on iOS 10 with my 6S. They removed the wallpaper in the latest updates. I guess it will be back for the official iOS 10 release.

-d0hv

Xamdou

Yup. AppleCare for sure. I went through 4 iPhone 5 due to manufacturing defects and it was a breeze. Never go without.

So is it too late to get Apple care since I preordered my 7+ or is there a certain amount of days after purchase I ca still get apple care?

DOWN

Banned
Did I miss the memo on wallpapers in motion for iPhones? Or is that just the marketing on the 7?
You mean that blue liquid bubble?

Dynamic wallpapers have existed for like 4 years but the bubble one could just be a demo graphic showing Fusion graphics
So is it too late to get Apple care since I preordered my 7+ or is there a certain amount of days after purchase I ca still get apple care?
You have 30 days to call them or bring it to a store

Ashhong

Dynamic wallpapers have existed for like 4 years but the bubble one could just be a demo graphic showing Fusion graphics

You have 30 days to call them or bring it to a store

You can do it by calling? What if you already broke it after receiving

KevinG

Yeah. That's the term I was searching for.

I didn't think it had been officially introduced to iOS.

DOWN

Banned
You can do it by calling? What if you already broke it after receiving
Over the phone they run a software to connect to your phone and the phone does checks all over itself to report if it's been compromised in any way. I guess technically certain physical issues could happen in the first 60 days and slip by them but they consider it a low likelihood.

My bad, at one point in iPhone history it was 30 but it's 60 now

kaskade

That's what I was thinking of doing as well. I'll also be on iUP, so I feel like I'll get a new phone next year regardless and not have to worry about resale value. I've never gone without a screen protecter--EVER. Screen protectors are ~$20 at the Apple Store so the cost is negligible compared to the $29 replacement fee. I wonder if you can tell a difference once they replace a screen. I know non-apple replacements can leave a different tint.

Does Applecare+ limit you to just 2 screen replacements a year at $29? Plus the accidental coverage?

Yeah I believe it's 2. Which I'll probably use a protector if I actually do mess up and need a repair. I'd rather keep one just in case the phone has a nasty drop or something.

That's what I was thinking of doing as well. I'll also be on iUP, so I feel like I'll get a new phone next year regardless and not have to worry about resale value. I've never gone without a screen protecter--EVER. Screen protectors are ~$20 at the Apple Store so the cost is negligible compared to the $29 replacement fee. I wonder if you can tell a difference once they replace a screen. I know non-apple replacements can leave a different tint.

Does Applecare+ limit you to just 2 screen replacements a year at $29? Plus the accidental coverage?

AppleCare+ gives you two incidents of accidental damage period. That could be screen cracks, water, anything like that. Two total, not per year

i managed to pick up a 32GB iPhone 7 that's expected to ship on 9/15-9/16 from tmobile but i think im going to exchange it for the 128GB version after it arrives. is anyone doing the same or do you guys think 32GB is enough?

i managed to pick up a 32GB iPhone 7 that's expected to ship on 9/15-9/16 from tmobile but i think im going to exchange it for the 128GB version after it arrives. is anyone doing the same or do you guys think 32GB is enough?

Do you plan on taking a lot of pictures or videos? If so, go for 128gb.

If not, then 32gb is fine. I remember living with 8GB Nexus 4. I don't see why anybody needs their entire gaming library on one phone.

Top Bottom