• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

M_A_C

They told me I had to wait until I got my new phone to trade in my old one. I got a 32gb matte black 7+, est. ship date is like October 10 or something lol.

At&t did not take my phone yet, just told me to bring it in when mine comes in.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
My order was processed within a hour at most. (Australia)

First Apple charged $1 to my card after that someone from Apple rang me only asked me if I made a order for 256GB Black iPhone 7+ with AppleCare+ for pickup 8AM next Friday. I said yes after Apple rep hung up & my card was charged full $1,758.

Still can't decide on Jet Black or Black.

Would like to see the wear characteristics of the Jet Black in more detail.

Go pickup any decent piano finish product and check it under light for wear.

For example my 60" Pioneer Kuro which cost over $7,000 had a immaculate Piano finish even though I've taken amazing care of it in the right light I can still see small microabrasion when I get up super close. I would only lightly dust it too.

Simple fact is If you buy any Piano finish product you have to accept over time it is gonna show more wear.. :)

I personally loved the look & finish of matte black so I went with it for my 7 Plus.

So yesterday, after trying to Pre-Order an iPhone 7+ through T-mobile JUMP, I found out that I was still being charged for a phone I turned in 10 months ago. That's $400 down the drain that they can't refund me. Also, according to their system I never returned the phone to a store. So I wasn't able to pre-order a 7+ because they now wanted me to pay off both my current phone and my past phone that they apparently never received.

Fast forward to today, I visited the store that I returned the original phone too. They completely re-staffed, so no one had any clue what I was talking about. They called customer care but they basically said too bad because the IMEI was never returned to their warehouse.

So now I placed a phone call one more time to try and pre-order because online it says my lease is completed and I'm eligible for an upgrade.and FINALLY I have met an understanding rep. She has convinced her supervisor to file a claim to their device department that will cancel out the rest of my EIP for the original phone. They are gonna give me a call back tomorrow to process the order.

What a hassle and money waste this ordeal has been. :/ Happy that someone finally listened to me.

So yesterday, after trying to Pre-Order an iPhone 7+ through T-mobile JUMP, I found out that I was still being charged for a phone I turned in 10 months ago. That's $400 down the drain that they can't refund me. Also, according to their system I never returned the phone to a store. So I wasn't able to pre-order a 7+ because they now wanted me to pay off both my current phone and my past phone that they apparently never received.

Fast forward to today, I visited the store that I returned the original phone too. They completely re-staffed, so no one had any clue what I was talking about. They called customer care but they basically said too bad because the IMEI was never returned to their warehouse.

So now I placed a phone call one more time to try and pre-order because online it says my lease is completed and I'm eligible for an upgrade.and FINALLY I have met an understanding rep. She has convinced her supervisor to file a claim to their device department that will cancel out the rest of my EIP for the original phone. They are gonna give me a call back tomorrow to process the order.

What a hassle and money waste this ordeal has been. :/ Happy that someone finally listened to me.

This sounds like an absolute nightmare and I don't ever want to deal with this. I hope they comp you for the trouble.

GeoNeo

I disagree.

Goddamn sounds like getting blood from a stone with these mobile companies.

Hopefully things go smoothly for you for rest of the process.

This sounds like an absolute nightmare and I don't ever want to deal with this. I hope they comp you for the trouble.

Goddamn sounds like getting blood from a stone with these mobile companies.

Hopefully things go smoothly for you for rest of the process.

Just sheer incompetence. I'm not expecting much to be honest when it comes to compensation. Mobile companies are awful.

Sucks that I now have to wait till November to get a new phone as the 7+ is severely back ordered.

Moshio

Neo Member
Mine is exactly the same (ordered in the morning on Friday). I have an expected ship date in my e-mail confirmation, but my order shows the same as yours on the site.

Yea, my email seems to confirm all the details are correct. The only thing is that the name is wrong on the billing address, but the actual address is correct. Does anyone know if that will cause my card to be rejected when it ships?

Guess Who

Banned
Right now, T-Mobile still shows old pricing for the iPhone 6S and SE (as in, not reflecting Apple's updating pricing). Anyone know approximately when their prices will reflect Apple's price drops?

AkumaNiko

Just sheer incompetence. I'm not expecting much to be honest when it comes to compensation. Mobile companies are awful.

Sucks that I now have to wait till November to get a new phone as the 7+ is severely back ordered.

i would complain to the BBB, i did once and ended up getting a free ipad air 2 because my carrier f'd up

Shit, I have to wait until January, even though I was told up until a week ago that I could upgrade in September. Because Sprint.

We may just switch to Verizon though, so fuck it.

moving

Neo Member
Asking again because I haven't had much luck elsewhere... Do we know if international models have FeliCa capability, or is it strictly limited to Japanese models?

Deku Tree

If you ordered an iPhone and it has release day delivery but you enrolled in the iUP, will the Apple Store let you return the phone and then rebuy your same phone under the AT&T next program?

Wubby

I got my pre-order in for a 256gb jet black plus with Softbank within the first 20 minutes of reservations opening on Friday. They didn't give any estimates as for delivery time though.

I wonder how the supply for Japan iPhones will work since we are getting slightly different hardware apparently.

Will I be able to play webms in safari on the new ios with the 7? I always thought how when I wanted Webms to play it would take me to an open with screen.

I am considering buying the iPhone 7 Plus 128 gb but I am also considering the Xperia XZ or the Samsung S7 Edge.

I have been an iOS user since the iPhone 3GS. I now have a 5S after owning a 4S and 3GS earlier. I also own an iPad 3. I have lots of apps and games, of which I maybe only use a dozen regularly.

Have anyone here changed to the Edge(S7)/Xperia line and regretted it and will be going back to the iPhone 7?

Fliesen

Will I be able to play webms in safari on the new ios with the 7? I always thought how when I wanted Webms to play it would take me to an open with screen.

i don't think there is. You still need to have an app like VLC and do the "open in" thing.

I am considering buying the iPhone 7 Plus 128 gb but I am also considering the Xperia XZ or the Samsung S7 Edge.

I have been an iOS user since the iPhone 3GS. I now have a 5S after owning a 4S and 3GS earlier. I also own an iPad 3. I have lots of apps and games, of which I maybe only use a dozen regularly.

Have anyone here changed to the Edge(S7)/Xperia line and regretted it and will be going back to the iPhone 7?

any particular reason you'd want to switch? please don't say "bored of iOS" :p
seeing as you're clearly comfortable with the OS, switching to an iPhone 7 is basically just entering your AppleID, while migrating to an Android phone might certainly be somewhat of a bigger hassle.

Symphonia

Banned
We had a bit of a quiet day in store today, so I figured I'd do a little research on how the carriers will be handling the iPhone 7/7+ in terms of installing their carrier apps. It looks like I'm due a huge slice of humble pie as, from now, the providers I spoke to (EE, O2, Vodafone) will not be installing their bloatware on the phones. What you'll get is a shiny device with the bloatware apps that Apple install pre-sale.

DOWN

Banned
We had a bit of a quiet day in store today, so I figured I'd do a little research on how the carriers will be handling the iPhone 7/7+ in terms of installing their carrier apps. It looks like I'm due a huge slice of humble pie as, from now, the providers I spoke to (EE, O2, Vodafone) will not be installing their bloatware on the phones. What you'll get is a shiny device with the bloatware apps that Apple install pre-sale.
Can you post any pics of this carrier bloat ware on iPhone from the past? No one seems to know what you are talking about

I ordered on TMobile.com on Friday and I'm still unable to check the status of my order. Is anyone else having this problem? It says to wait up to 48 hours but it's past that time.

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

see what you can find now. the apple stores have a lot of 7's. i got lucky and found a 7+ (wrong color, right size) and reserved it.

Thanks for the link. It seems to be only for the Upgrade Program, however. Can I reserve one to buy outright?

toohectic

Carriers have never installed apps in the past (AFAIK), so what made you think this time would be different?

Symphonia

Banned
Carriers have never installed apps in the past (AFAIK), so what made you think this time would be different?
Maybe not in California (or America in general) but it's pretty common practice over here in the UK for network providers to install their network's apps on devices they sell.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Maybe not in California (or America in general) but it's pretty common practice over here in the UK for network providers to install their network's apps on devices they sell.

I've not seen that in Australia on iPhone. Android on the other hand they load up with all their crap.

I buy my phone outright anyway much better data plan & well priced while these phone contracts give you fuck all data here.

in Ireland we get pre installed My3 apps on Three. They let you see your bills and all that. they also put shite on it like Auto Trader pre installed. 3Abroad (which is actually useless when you are abroad) and so on and so forth. I hope there's no bloatware on this from Three.

toohectic

On iPhones? Or other phones? I agree that it's common, even in the US, for carriers to install their carrier specific apps on some phones. But it never happens on iPhones. Apple restricts it.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
in Ireland we get pre installed My3 apps on Three. They let you see your bills and all that. they also put shite on it like Auto Trader pre installed. 3Abroad (which is actually useless when you are abroad) and so on and so forth. I hope there's no bloatware on this from Three.

Gross. Can you at least do reset to get back to Apple factory state without their shit?

Apple don't allow carriers to install apps on iPhones.

Symphonia

Banned
3Abroad? Do you mean the 'Feel At Home' feature? That's not an app anymore, more of a service that is included and automatically activated when in one of the countries within the feature. As for the Auto Trader app, I've never seen one of those on any of the handsets I've sold. Though I know Three in Ireland runs separately from the rest of the UK, so there could be that. The only app that I've seen pre-installed on handsets is the My3 app which, to be fair, is actually pretty useful for letting customers keep track of their usage, as well as doing any general maintenance to their accounts, such as setting caps, etc.

Gross. Can you at least do reset to get back to Apple factory state without their shit?
I have absolutely no idea. Never owned an iPhone, just used my sister's one.

3Abroad? Do you mean the 'Feel At Home' feature? That's not an app anymore, more of a service that is included and automatically activated when in one of the countries within the feature. As for the Auto Trader app, I've never seen one of those on any of the handsets I've sold. Though I know Three in Ireland runs separately from the rest of the UK, so there could be that. The only app that I've seen pre-installed on handsets is the My3 app which, to be fair, is actually pretty useful for letting customers keep track of their usage, as well as doing any general maintenance to their accounts, such as setting caps, etc.

Speaking from an Android pov, we get a shit load of apps pre-installed. Most are hidden though, like my last phone had My3, German My3 and French My3 for some reason. 3 Likes and 3 Favourites. Auto-Trader, an Irish only ebay style app, a bunch more I can't remember off the top of my head because I'm not on a Three branded phone at the moment. I've seen a fair few of these of my sister's iPhone too.

I ordered a 128GB regular 7 for pick up using Apple's installment plan. If I trade my 6 in when I go to pick up the 7 can they put the value towards the installments or will they just give me a gift card? Am I better off just taking it to AT&T and having them put the trade in value as credit towards my monthly bill?

Symphonia

Banned
Speaking from an Android pov, we get a shit load of apps pre-installed. Most are hidden though, like my last phone had My3, German My3 and French My3 for some reason. Auto-Trader, an Irish only ebay style app, a bunch more I can't remember off the top of my head because I'm not on a Three branded phone at the moment. I've seen a fair few of these of my sister's iPhone too.
Strange. I'm going to look in to that myself, to see just how different Three Ireland run compare to Three in the rest of the UK. Definitely curious about why you had the German and French My3 apps installed. Were those apps on your sisters iPhone too?

Strange. I'm going to look in to that myself, to see just how different Three Ireland run compare to Three in the rest of the UK. Definitely curious about why you had the German and French My3 apps installed. Were those apps on your sisters iPhone too?

I don't think the EU ones were on my sister's iPhone, no. I'm gonna have a look for my old phone and take a look at the bloatware.

entremet

I'm huge into smartphone photography and would love to get this phone, but I upgraded back in April. My 5s was showing its age and I needed something new.

I regret it now lol.

I'm still sitting on an early October ship date for my 7 Plus. I hope once the order processes the date changes, I pre-ordered Friday afternoon.

Red

I'm huge into smartphone photography and would love to get this phone, but I upgraded back in April. My 5s was showing its age and I needed something new.

I regret it now lol.
Info so far seems to indicate the second lens on the 7 plus does not have OIS. Since it's a tighter angle it will show more shake and may not handle low light as well. The software DoF effect is obviously imperfect even in the sample images from the announcement. So while it might be nice to have I am sure next year will refine the system, and it might be prudent to wait.

Top Bottom