• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

The higher aperture of this phone (Going from f2.2 to f1.8 will result in much better low light pictures and shallower depths of field)

These are pics from the S7 and S7Edge, both of which have f1.8 lens (not my pics)

ixVPzZo.jpg

vYr808B.jpg

5FnOOu8.jpg

Xh3KWT.jpg

Flandy

I'm a bit scared that with the headphone jack adapter that the Lightning port will be getting much more use and as a result die on me.
Should I purchase extra insurance from my carrier (sprint)/Apple? How should I go about this?
Or am I being silly and the port is much more durable than I think?

giga

This looks more my style than the earpods. Still $150 though, guess it's hard to get away from that price point if you want a decent pair of BT headphones?

That style is most common. The most popular, Jaybird, is around $100. So you're most likely paying a premium for Beats and the W1 chip.

Deku Tree

Cancelled my iPhone 7 Plus 128gb silver/white with Sept 16 delivery date.
Ordered iPhone 7 Plus 128gb black/black with Oct 5-11 delivery date.

Don't regret it.

was considering the AirPods, but I might get this instead:

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MLYF2LL/A/beatsx-earphones-white

(in black)

Do the same auto switching thing, but don't look as goofy as the Airpods.

And you can rest the cable on your neck which is cool. Same design as the Jaybird X2 and other Bluetooth earbuds. Hopefully they sound as good, as I'll pick one up too. W1 chip would be a game changer. I think these are based off the urBeats from last year. Which I think we're reviewed well.
I was thinking about grabbing the powerbeats 3 for when I'm playing sports or running but people have kept recommending the jaybird x2 so I'm not sure which now. I'm hoping for some deals over the holidays.

I'm getting the AirPods, Powerbeats3, and Solo3s

Why yes I am insane. I'd grab some new Studios with the W1 chip if they were available

Dinokill

Do I have to wait until my iPhone 7 arrives to trade in my iPhone 6 with att? Every other rep tells me different shit. My iPhone 7 arrives until October 7 and what happens if the deal is over by them?

Can I buy from the Apple Store and still use the trade in deal with att?

This is very important to me!

Vyer

Cool, do you know if they expect to have extra stock available? I just want to buy one outright with no contract.

I believe so, none of their preorders were for in store. Not sure what they'll be doing for just outright purchases though, would imagine they require either contract or one of their lease plans, but I don't know.

can't you just get a refund for the note 7? will they even accept a trade for it because of the recall?

Should of worded that better. Was able to return my Note 7 which made me upgrade eligible again. Got my iPhone 7 Plus ordered. =)

Got to get my Apple Watch ordered now.

7MP/1080p for the front camera on the iPhone 7/7+. Also does wide color capture.

5MP/720p on the iPhone 6

Same aperture (2.2) on both.

I was thinking about grabbing the powerbeats 3 for when I'm playing sports or running but people have kept recommending the jaybird x2 so I'm not sure which now. I'm hoping for some deals over the holidays.

I have the Jaybird X2'a and love them. Pairing is really quick on them too, haven't had much of an issue. Helps that it's the only earbuds I have paired with it.

I believe so, none of their preorders were for in store. Not sure what they'll be doing for just outright purchases though, would imagine they require either contract or one of their lease plans, but I don't know.

Thanks, I'll try to go in store and buy one Friday morning. I want to try out this new processor it has.

rubes7844

Banned
I really want an apple leather midnight blue case for my 7+ but it has a 1-2 week shipping date from Apple. Do they really take that long or do they overestimate?

rubes7844

Banned
Anyone know if Apple will put the accessories on shelves before Friday?

i.e. can I go in on Thursday and pickup an iPhone 7 case to be ready for the phone getting delivered on the Friday? (I waited too long to order an Apple leather case in the colour I wanted and it says it won't ship for 1-2 weeks, so I'm hoping they have enough in stores to accommodate)
My buddy who works at the Tampa Apple Store said no. They'll be sold starting Friday.

manakel

What's carrier store protocol for Friday morning? Will there be phones available for people that didn't preorder?
I'm curious about this as well. I believe that carriers have a different allocation for walk-ins than they do for the people that pre-ordered. When the 6 released, I was able to just walk into Verizon and buy it without pre-ordering.

I would imagine that the Black/Jet Black 7 Pluses are going to be extremely limited, though.

icespide

Banned
I'm curious about this as well. I believe that carriers have a different allocation for walk-ins than they do for the people that pre-ordered. When the 6 released, I was able to just walk into Verizon and buy it without pre-ordering.

I would imagine that the Black/Jet Black 7 Pluses are going to be extremely limited, though.
regular black should be okay i think. jet black will be limited for sure

Regular black is the color I want. Guess I'll try to hit up T-Mobile or Verizon early in the morning. I've heard Verizon is actually the better one to buy since it has all bands?

rubes7844

Banned

Do carrier stores even do preorders?

manakel

Do carrier stores even do preorders?
Yeah, even Best Buy does pre-orders I'm pretty sure. I pre-ordered 128gb jet black 7 plus through Verizon; my delivery date is 11/23, though lol

I will gladly take just the regular black if they have it in store on launch day.

Vyer

Thanks, I'll try to go in store and buy one Friday morning. I want to try out this new processor it has.

We all know you're reselling Bobo, it's fine. ;p

TMobile didn't do preorders at all. When you go into the store to preorder they were just setting up them for you and they would be shipped.

They'll have stock for people in store on launch day only I guess.

rubes7844

Banned
Yeah, even Best Buy does pre-orders I'm pretty sure. I pre-ordered 128gb jet black 7 plus through Verizon; my delivery date is 11/23, though lol

I will gladly take just the regular black if they have it in store on launch day.
Yeah, I have a 32 gb plus through Best Buy, but o was talking about AT&T, I know they don't do in store preorders. Wasn't sure about other carriers. I'm gonna drop by AT&T Friday morning to get a 128 black or silver plus.

manakel

Yeah, I have a 32 gb plus through Best Buy, but o was talking about AT&T, I know they don't do in store preorders. Wasn't sure about other carriers. I'm gonna drop by AT&T Friday morning to get a 128 black or silver plus.
Oh sorry! I pre-ordered mine in store at Verizon, so I at least know they did them. But I think the odds of walking in and getting one are much higher because the pre-order ship dates slipped back within minutes.

Red

SI photos don't do anything for me. Oversharpened.
Last year's samples impressed me more. These ones seem too contrasty. A lot of details are muddy. I guess the midair picture shows how fast the shutter is.

I don't know why these pictures were chosen. There are three or four good ones. The rest could have come from any phone. The close up on the medals is gross. All blown out highlights.

Jeffrey

the best thing about apple doubling the storage, hitting reseller prices of 6S family already.

Just bought a new 6S plus for $540 from a reseller.

Guess Who

Banned
I suspect the SI photos went through a bit of Photoshopping that fucked them up. The sharpening in particular is a total amateur job.

Rootbeer

Banned
Am I missing something about those photos?

I really can't wait to get my hands on my 7 Plus but those photo samples aren't selling it. They look strangely filtered.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm starting to think that the iUP might not be that much of a deal if you can sell your phone every year for about half the price.
That's why I haven't jumped on yet.

It's not for everyone, but I love my cheap $30 T-Mobile plan (unlimited data, unlimited texts, but only 100mins of talk). I just buy every year, sell my old phone, and I end up getting a real bargain over the course of that 12 months in terms of my total out of pocket for both phone + service.

robotrock

Banned
I'm starting to think that the iUP might not be that much of a deal if you can sell your phone every year for about half the price.

Yeah I was thinking this too. You do get Apple Care though for free though (right?), but looks like it's kind of difficult to get the new phone on day one.

Top Bottom