• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Can't wait to get my phone, it isn't expected until the second half of October though. Really hope they get more out and I get it sooner than expected. I got matte black, I ordered my wife one and she said she didn't care what color she got as long as the face was white since she's putting it in a case anyway. Hers is supposed to be here by the end of the month, so at least I'll be able to mess around with a 7 sort of soon.

I got the Plus model. It's going to feel huge coming from a 5S, but looking at them in the store I really don't think the size difference between the regular and Plus models is all that huge. I went back and forth a bit and do think the regular 7 seems a bit easier to use with one hand, but the better cameras seem cool, and I have a Watch to control music and receive texts and whatnot so being a little less easy to use on the go doesn't bother me much.
The size difference between the 6s/7 compared to 6S+/7+ is huge. Like really huge.

-d0hv

f@luS

More than a member.
I ordered it on an online French store ... It says septet 26... But I got here for free there so I can wait 10 days (had 1000e off )

God damn I'm slightly salty not having a Plus.

All Apple needs to do is reduce the bezel like Android phones and I'll be in, but I can'r use it at it's current size.
Are any of those shot with the exclusive Telephoto lens? Maybe I am just not seeing it right, but I can't make out the wide-angle shot from any of the pictures.

Fletcher

All Apple needs to do is reduce the bezel like Android phones and I'll be in, but I can'r use it at it's current size.

This. I want everything the plus offers, but the actual size of the device. It's pretty stupid at this point.

Hope I get my Plus in a reasonable amount of time. Matte black, preordered on launch day towards the end of the day (rep at 2AM hung up on me and couldn't et a hold of them till later in the day).

Ridiculous that proffering on launch day gets you an estimated ship date of 11/1-11/30.

Red

Those pictures may not be representative of the difference between the 7 and 7 plus. Both phones have the same OIS, wide angle lens, and 12mp sensor. You can expect the same quality from your regular human sized 7.

I just checked the pick up cue (Rogers), and there's 607 in front of me... Currently it's stating that both black plus models are 6+ week wait.

Fliesen

Those pictures may not be representative of the difference between the 7 and 7 plus. Both phones have the same OIS, wide angle lens, and 12mp sensor. You can expect the same quality from your regular human sized 7.

yeah, unless you're doing that bokeh thing (which isn't even used in these pictures, because it's a software feature that'll arrive in a later point update to iOS, and unless you're doing a picture at 2x zoom or beyond, your iPhone 7 is going to produce the same exact pictures.

the 2nd camera really only goes active when doing one of two things: 2x optical zoom and beyond, and depth mapping for bokeh. (and afaik, the 2nd camera doesn't even have OIS.)

so don't get too salty, your regular sized phone will make great pictures as well.

How does the Verizon trade in program work if I'm coming from a different carrier and the phone isn't expected to arrive until sometime October?

Do I not trade my phone in until I get the new one? Do I just switch carriers for now?

Hope I get my Plus in a reasonable amount of time. Matte black, preordered on launch day towards the end of the day (rep at 2AM hung up on me and couldn't et a hold of them till later in the day).

Ridiculous that proffering on launch day gets you an estimated ship date of 11/1-11/30.

Yea, I preordered a matte black 256gb 7+ within 30 minutes on Apple's site and I'm getting mine the following week from the looks (Sept 23rd-27th).

Fuck November, might as well just walk in and try to get one.

Deku Tree

Matte black is still listed as 2-3 weeks on Apple.com today. Not sure why your getting 11/1-11/30.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
have my appt for my 128GB matte black 7 at 8 on friday. In the email I looked over and they said "because you are an iUP customer, you don't have to worry about the condition of your phone, but may have to pay repairs".. so that's that. the big question will be "how much?" Most seem to say I won't get the $29 currently on Apple's site. Does anyone remember what screen repairs were last year? Sucks because it's not even the screen.. just a little corner of glass on the front.

daughter's 7 will be here the same day.

icespide

Banned
have my appt for my 128GB matte black 7 at 8 on friday. In the email I looked over and they said "because you are an iUP customer, you don't have to worry about the condition of your phone, but may have to pay repairs".. so that's that. the big question will be "how much?" Most seem to say I won't get the $29 currently on Apple's site. Does anyone remember what screen repairs were last year? Sucks because it's not even the screen.. just a little corner of glass on the front.

worse case scenario you're looking at $99 for a repair

Clipse

Is the $650 Verizon promo credit tied to the phone I get this year in anyway?

Would I be able to sell the iPhone 7 next year and buy the 2017 iPhone outright while still receiving the monthly promo credit from my $650 trade-in?

Normal wear and tear is okay, you'll have to pay $29 if the screen is cracked or $99 if there's actual damage on the enclosure or the external LCI in the SIM tray is tripped

Is the $650 Verizon promo credit tied to the phone I get this year in anyway?

Would I be able to sell the iPhone 7 next year and buy the 2017 iPhone outright while still receiving the monthly promo credit from my $650 trade-in?
Nope. None of these trade in deals are good if you're planning on upgrading to the next iPhone next year. The credit you recieve will be cut short and you'll have to pay the remaining off.

A Sprint customer service rep told me this weekend that they make no profit off iPhones. I asked specifically if he was telling me Apple sold Sprint the iPhones @MSRP and he said yes. There's no way that's correct, right?

A Sprint customer service rep told me this weekend that they make no profit off iPhones. I asked specifically if he was telling me Apple sold Sprint the iPhones @MSRP and he said yes. There's no way that's correct, right?

I wouldn't be surprised. Not like they're going to be the only network without the iPhone. I'm sure bargaining with Apple isn't easy.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Normal wear and tear is okay, you'll have to pay $29 if the screen is cracked or $99 if there's actual damage on the enclosure or the external LCI in the SIM tray is tripped

there are some scuffs on the body (one with flecks/chips, about 1/4" long, the rest just wear), and then the glass is cracked on the lower front right corner. The screen is fine, but the glass (it's one piece) is cracked down there.

hoping for $29... I thought repair was like $80 or $100 when I bought the phone last year.

Fliesen

worse case scenario you're looking at $99 for a repair

speaking of which.

I wanna have my current iPhone 6 replaced under AppleCare+ before i pass it along to my girlfriend when my iPhone 7 arrives.
Its battery is a tad wonky (goes from 30% to 6% in a moments notice, at times), the bottom speaker sounds a bit tinny and it's got some scuffs along the antenna band.

if i go for the express replacement, i'll get a refurbished phone within a few days, and i'll be charged $99, right?

DOWN

Banned

It's true. The carriers need the iPhone to bring them customers. Apple has no reason to cut them a deal because if any carrier decided not to pick up the newest iPhone, they know the popularity of it would draw their customers to whatever network does carry it. Apple gets their full MSRP, carriers get people signing up. Win-win and no need for carriers to profit from the phone sale and take any of Apple's slice.

This is why so many (if not all?) of them dropped phone subsidies, isn't it?

Deku Tree

No they just get to make bank ripping us off on with their ridiculously priced data plans.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Getting 128 GB Plus, the matte black one. Yeah boi!

Same here, or at least, that's the plan. I have an estimated shipping date of 09/27/2016 - 10/10/2016 from T-Mobile.

Definitely going to upgrade my wife's iPhone 6 to a 7 (was able to get an Apple store in-store reservation for launch day), but since my Plus is going to be late, and I already have a 6S Plus, I may end up cancelling depending on reviews and impressions. The camera is what has me most excited, but I really want to see some in-depth tests and reviews.

kaskade

there are some scuffs on the body (one with flecks/chips, about 1/4" long, the rest just wear), and then the glass is cracked on the lower front right corner. The screen is fine, but the glass (it's one piece) is cracked down there.

hoping for $29... I thought repair was like $80 or $100 when I bought the phone last year.

The repairs used to be more but they recently changed it. 29 dollar screen repair is awesome.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Couple people on MacRumors are reporting their 7 Plus models in Jet Black are now "preparing to ship," but nobody has provided pictures, yet.

Can anyone here corroborate?

Fliesen

Will a new iPhone 7+ case fit onto an old 6+ ?

don't think it will
LvDZ7Yl.png

5DdETKR.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
From Apple or carriers?

I believe them, people are saying UPS/Fedex will just hold it until the 16th.

Sorry, should have been more clear. Not surprising phones are already shipping. That's not a big deal. But so far, nobody has had a delivery date before the 23rd for a Jet Black Plus. If it was shipping now, that means many of us could surpringly get ours on release date.

So any upgrader that didn't get their phone, call Apple on 1-800-MYAPPLE, mention the iPhone Upgrade Program and they'll apparently make it right.

My guess is they're allocating walk-in stock to upgraders so if you're looking for Jet Black on Friday you might be a tad out of luck.

kaskade

So any upgrader that didn't get their phone, call Apple on 1-800-MYAPPLE, mention the iPhone Upgrade Program and they'll apparently make it right.

My guess is they're allocating walk-in stock to upgraders so if you're looking for Jet Black on Friday you might be a tad out of luck.

How's this working, I kind of wanted a black one but ended up getting a Silver. I was debating on white faced one since I've had black for a while. I'm still not sure if I'd rather have the black at this point though.

Top Bottom