• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

robotrock

Banned
Can I exchange my unopened AT&T matte black 7+ on Friday for a different color at an Apple store? I hope the answer is no because I'm trying to resist my jet black temptation.

are ordered begin shipped out earlier than the eta? I'm on T-mobile site and debating if i should upgrade to iphone from my S6E, say the eta is 11/2

are ordered begin shipped out earlier than the eta? I'm on T-mobile site and debating if i should upgrade to iphone from my S6E, say the eta is 11/2

they told me the estimated shipping window is when the device would ship.. the rep wasn't sure if it would be any sooner.

Can I exchange my unopened AT&T matte black 7+ on Friday for a different color at an Apple store? I hope the answer is no because I'm trying to resist my jet black temptation.

The fact that the website even mentions scratches on the Jet black case turned me off instantly. Team Matte Black here!

Jet Black can't scratch THAT easily can it? I mean why would they even make it then? I hope the reviews on Wed or whatever have something to say or more examples than the couple of pics we've seen already of scratches.

Guess Who

Banned
Jet Black can't scratch THAT easily can it? I mean why would they even make it then? I hope the reviews on Wed or whatever have something to say or more examples than the couple of pics we've seen already of scratches.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I get the feeling a big part of why Jet Black exists is because it makes the 7 look more different than the 6 than the matte finishes do.

The white-front 7s in particular look identical to the 6 from the front and very similar on the back.

Deku Tree

Their more microabrasions than full scratches. Hard to see unless you stare closely at it. Older iPhones had a backing similar to JetBlack and they also had the same micro-scratches.

icespide

Banned
Maybe I'm just cynical, but I get the feeling a big part of why Jet Black exists is because it makes the 7 look more different than the 6 than the matte finishes do.

The white-front 7s in particular look identical to the 6 from the front and very similar on the back.

I can't help but feel this way as well

jcutner

I'm picturing this all over again
post-66692-image-9ad6d47aa73a732305d7646b3e44aec4.jpg

I cant figure out this AT&T Next bullcrap. I've been on 2-yr plans my whole life and now they're not available anymore. SO only option is Next program. Wanna do the Next Every Year Plan...

Ok great BUT what happens when I get my iP7, use it for a year and then wanna get an iPhone 8 or something?

What happens to my iP7? Do i have to hand it back to AT&T? Can I sell it since I'm getting another new phone? Do I get credit for handing it in?

And probably my biggest question is since the AT&T Next Every Year program is still broken up over a 24-month financing plan...will i have to pay the last 12 months still with my next iphone on top of my newer iPhone next year???

edit: somewhat related, if i'm putting a down payment on the phone of $400+ through Apple.com for this iP7, do I get charged right away or when the phone ships??

.......my head hurts

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I cant figure out this AT&T Next bullcrap. I've been on 2-yr plans my whole life and now they're not available anymore. SO only option is Next program. Wanna do the Next Every Year Plan...

Ok great BUT what happens when I get my iP7, use it for a year and then wanna get an iPhone 8 or something?

What happens to my iP7? Do i have to hand it back to AT&T? Can I sell it since I'm getting another new phone? Do I get credit for handing it in?

And probably my biggest question is since the AT&T Next Every Year program is still broken up over a 24-month financing plan...will i have to pay the last 12 months still with my next iphone on top of my newer iPhone next year???

edit: somewhat related, if i'm putting a down payment on the phone of $400+ through Apple.com for this iP7, do I get charged right away or when the phone ships??

.......my head hurts

Yes you trade the phone in. And if you do 12 months, you just have to have half of the device payed off.

-d0hv

.......my head hurts

I put 150 down for my 24 month ATT Next contract. Able to upgrade after 10 payments with the obvious caveat that I turn my iPhone 7 in when I do. Payments are 35/month.

Mobius 1

I had sworn off the large phone, but the camera is compelling, I'm going blind and native 1080p display have me second guessing my choice.

I'm going to call about the iUP shenanigans, if they replace my 7 order with a 7 Plus, it would have been fate. Otherwise I'm riding it out with the regular human sized one until next year's.

Mafro

I'm more than happy with my 6S but I can upgrade just now and looked at the prices on vodafone out of curiosity on a similar plan I'm on just now and it was around £62 per month for the 128GB 7 Plus which is insane.

I did find out I could pay £3.50 less per month on my current SIM-only plan and increase my monthly data from 6GB to 20GB with unlimited texts and minutes for £20, which I did.

I ended up not putting anything on the AT&T Next Every Year plan. Figure It would have only saved me about $18 a month if I put like $450 down. And I'll be handing it in every year to AT&T so I'm only paying for like half the phone anyway?

SuperPac

Was able to get the real UPS tracking number by using the reference number trick (enter in your phone number as the reference #). My phone has been scanned by UPS in Shanghai. It's happening.gif!

TheZink

Was able to get the real UPS tracking number by using the reference number trick (enter in your phone number as the reference #). My phone has been scanned by UPS in Shanghai. It's happening.gif!
I did this also. Mine says it's coming from Nashville but my delivery date on apples site says the 27th. Doesn't say on UPS. A friend of mines delivery date way the 27th also and his just shipped.

hey guys quick question. under the t-mobile iphone 7 on us program you get a free 32GB version ($650) but i just got off the phone with a rep and he said getting the larger 128GB version requires $99 down + tax ($750) which is understandable but on top of that i will end up paying $6.24 over 24 months which comes out to $149.76 and i just cant wrap my head around that. why am i paying extra on top of a trade in and with $99 upfront.

manakel

The battery on my 6 has gone to absolute shite over the past couple months. It will drop from 100% to 60% within an hour, it will randomly shut off of a dead battery at at 20%, etc.

I was bummed about having to wait until November for my 7 Plus to ship, but I can't deal with this for the next two months. I have to charge it at least five times a day.

NYR

jet black gets its own special packaging:

2000-1000-mac.jpg
For a phone Apple apparently doesn't want you to buy, they sure are doing one hell of a job making me want to buy it.

I take the Jet Black warning as legal-ese after scuff gate. Lining up to try to grab jet black, in a clear case day 1 until next year.

For a phone Apple apparently doesn't want you to buy, they sure are doing one hell of a job making me want to buy it.

I take the Jet Black warning as legal-ese after scuff gate. Lining up to try to grab jet black, in a clear case day 1 until next year.

What makes you think they don't want you to buy it? It seems to me like they're counting on people buying.

DOWN

Banned
What makes you think they don't want you to buy it? It seems to me like they're counting on people buying.
They know it looks sexy and different from the 6/6S in photos, so of course they gonna use it in marketing. BUT, anyone who cares about it looking like that and does their research and sees Apple has to put a disclaimer on that color knows it's gonna have tons of microscratches that will be obvious as hell in daylight or bright lights. It's just like glossy consoles. Pretty, but it won't keep that pristine mirror black finish because it just isn't invincible.

Top Bottom