• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

SeanR1221

So any upgrader that didn't get their phone, call Apple on 1-800-MYAPPLE, mention the iPhone Upgrade Program and they'll apparently make it right.

My guess is they're allocating walk-in stock to upgraders so if you're looking for Jet Black on Friday you might be a tad out of luck.

I can back this up. I'm still waiting to hear back but the jist was they're trying to put upgrade people first.

icespide

Banned
jet black gets its own special packaging:

2000-1000-mac.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So when ordering online, do I just preorder the phone like normal and then trade my device in after ordering?

I have no idea about that, I drove to the Verizon store and worked it out there.

How's this working, I kind of wanted a black one but ended up getting a Silver. I was debating on white faced one since I've had black for a while. I'm still not sure if I'd rather have the black at this point though.

If you decide you want black call them and let them know you'd rather a different color and the one you wanted was out of stock.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year the upgraders will get an earlier time to reserve, we'll be able to get our pre-qualifications done prior to the event and just be able to pick a phone and go.

there are some scuffs on the body (one with flecks/chips, about 1/4" long, the rest just wear), and then the glass is cracked on the lower front right corner. The screen is fine, but the glass (it's one piece) is cracked down there.

hoping for $29... I thought repair was like $80 or $100 when I bought the phone last year.

It was, they changed prices a couple days ago

Deku Tree

I wouldn't be surprised if next year the upgraders will get an earlier time to reserve, we'll be able to get our pre-qualifications done prior to the event and just be able to pick a phone and go.

no way. apple relies heavily on other sellers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. they can't give iUP people a "special advanced time" to get things done without pissing off a lot of people. That's why your stock was so limited this year too.

icespide

Banned
no way. apple relies heavily on other sellers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. they can't give iUP people a "special advanced time" to get things done without pissing off a lot of people. That's why your stock was so limited this year too.

are you kidding me? Apple doesn't give a fuck about the carriers, they pretty much will take whatever Apple gives them

finalflame

Company shipments on the Jet Black are held back until end of November. Even though I think it would ship sooner than that (Apple always pushes the dates way back then fulfills way sooner), I changed my order over to the Matte. I just like being able to put my phone on tables without a case and not having an OCD hernia.

Then what else would the solution be? They won't be able to handle this the same way next year. They've are already owning up to the mistake so some changes will likely be made to the process.

Tim Cook could personally shit on each of the carriers' CEOs heads and they wouldn't do anything but thank him and ask for the next iPhone shipment

btkadams

I preordered off the Telus website 10 minutes after preorders went live and have a vague "4-6 weeks" shipping estimate. I just checked their website today and it's still showing the Jet Black 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus model with estimated 4-6 weeks if you preorder now. I wonder if that means I could be getting it sooner than 4-6 weeks.. seems like that is just their timeframe they've been giving everyone for days?

robotrock

Banned
I preordered off the Telus website 10 minutes after preorders went live and have a vague "4-6 weeks" shipping estimate. I just checked their website today and it's still showing the Jet Black 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus model with estimated 4-6 weeks if you preorder now. I wonder if that means I could be getting it sooner than 4-6 weeks.. seems like that is just their timeframe they've been giving everyone for days?

Maybe you'll get it in 4 weeks and the others will in 6 weeks?

That's pretty cool. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Are they just sending a unit to the store then?

Apple usually allocates a certain number of units to each store for genius appointments on the website and has extra for the inevitable line. They then dump whatever they can get through their supply chain onto the stores throughout the days/weeks after launch for those who line up/change their mind/need a replacement for a DOA phone.

My theory is that they're taking stock for walk-ins and reallocating them to iUP buyers.

Well my iPhone 6s screen just cracked
No Apple care +
So my options are
-129+ tax on a new screen via Apple
- find a mall or store that'll fix it cheaper than that
- pay $62 to upgrade early... either get a 7 or get a new 6+. But after the tax and paying the remaining 62 to upgrade early in thinking it'll be the same price as s new screen

What do y'all think??

I get the impression they just aren't aware of how much stock they will get yet, because even Rogers just has everybody on a waiting list.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ever since the AirPods announcement I have been noticing how clumsy the wires on my EarPods actually are...

I do think half the problem people have with earpods falling out is the cable tugging on them and dislodging the earpods themselves... airpods won't have that issue.

VertPin

When will Apple charge me for my iPhone? When it starts to ship? It's currently processing. Ordered on September Ninth at 12:08 AM.

Ratros

I overslept a little on Sep 9th and the stock was already gone when I woke up. And they say no one wants iPhone 7.

Now I am struggling among choices: Should I rush to the nearest Apple Store on Sep 16th and line up in the morning to see my chances? Or should I wait for Sep 17th, when "Reserve an iPhone" option is open to general customers? I could also order it online, but then I have to wait longer to get my desired model (November in worst scenario) and I still need to figure out a way to trade in my old iPhone.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

jcutner

I overslept a little on Sep 9th and the stock was already gone when I woke up. And they say no one wants iPhone 7.

Now I am struggling among choices: Should I rush to the nearest Apple Store on Sep 16th and line up in the morning to see my chances? Or should I wait for Sep 17th, when "Reserve an iPhone" option is open to general customers? I could also order it online, but then I have to wait longer to get my desired model (November in worst scenario) and I still need to figure out a way to trade in my old iPhone.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Try a Best Buy or Carrier store, rather than the Apple Store. No one thinks to check there.

Hopefully, cause I've only woke up twice to preorder and that 3am crap is for the birds.
I do think half the problem people have with earpods falling out is the cable tugging on them and dislodging the earpods themselves... airpods won't have that issue.
Yup, this is one reason I don't care so much about the headphone jack as I've been getting fed up of wires for awhile now. Like at night when laying down it's difficult cause the wires keep getting in the way, plus I'll be going wireless by the end of the year.

Has anyone found a loophole to pre-order online if you have Jump On Demand? Like I'm simply stuck with going in the store which is back ordered to November... And I want to get rid of this 6S.

Deku Tree

I cancelled my iUP order that was gonna be delivered on release day. Went with AT&T 24 month plan. Bumped my delivery by a few weeks. Also changed color to matte black.

Top Bottom