• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Yeah same. These impressions seem to imply they fit well but definitely not dropping the cash until they're out.
aZfc5AB.png

How did this happen Engadget

"I know! Let's put the iPhone in a rock tumbler!"

Fliesen

Damn the SE is a beast. xD

It seems the iphone 7 battery is quite good.
The thing i wouldn't like on my i5 is that if i decided to play some games i easily burned 30-40% on 2 hours and then i couldn't do anything with it the rest of the day.

Hard to decide between the portability of the 7 or the battery of the 7+! xD
But i guess the 7+ will have a longer lifespan in terms of battery health and having the extra ram might help in the future.

Whenever i'm on any kind of longer trip (even if it's just for a day) where i won't have the ability to charge my phone, i just (or make my girlfriend) bring a power bank with an integrated lightning plug.
Sometimes carrying that powerbank > always having to handle a huge 5.5 phone. (to me, at least)

I'm still worried about fit. Everyone's ears are different. I wish there was a way to try them without buying but that would be nasty.

if only i could give you the broken pair of EarPods on my desk. :p
I guess i'll cut off the cord and see how good they feel without any cable attached.

Tobor

It's the same fit as the regular EarPods that have come with every iPhone and pod

True, but not having a cord tug on them should make a difference. My problem with the old ones was falling out as the cord is pulled.

Fliesen said:
if only i could give you the broken pair of EarPods on my desk. :p
I guess i'll cut off the cord and see how good they feel without any cable attached.

Haha, I might have to try that as well! I have a pair somewhere.

kaskade

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/775651768122212353

Interestingly the two cameras on the Plus take the best data from each lense and fuse them together every time you take a shot.

That is awesome and exactly what I hoped it would do. I'm surprised they never really mentioned this in the conference. When I first heard about dual cameras I was more under the assumption that they would do something like this vs the zooming feature. Nice to have both.

robotrock

Banned
I wonder what the thing is with the Airpod reviews. They can't review them because they're not final but also a lot of the reviews are basically reviewing them? I would like to see an in-depth look at these prototype Airpods

ZeroX03

Banned
AirPods looking more tempting, confirmed they can pair with any Bluetooth device and microphones are apparently solid. I love the fit of the EarPods, they're perfect for me. I can't use any buds with the mushy rubber ends so that rules out most wireless ear bud options for me straight away. Big headphones give me headaches if they're not super light and comfortable.

breakfuss

AirPods looking more tempting, confirmed they can pair with any Bluetooth device and microphones are apparently solid. I love the fit of the EarPods, they're perfect for me. I can't use any buds with the mushy rubber ends so that rules out most wireless ear bud options for me straight away. Big headphones give me headaches if they're not super light and comfortable.

If they were ~$50 I'd be in, but at $160 nah. Those things look super easy to lose. I have yet to own a pair of the wired buds last me more than a year.

jts

...hate me...
But the sound quality is actually noticeably better than the 3.5mm or Lightning AirPods. Bass is clearer and louder, which is always the biggest issues with cheap or weak speakers and headphones. And you can attribute the improvement to the little cutout on the back of the headphones.
Welp.

I'm gonna own a pair of these sick puppies eventually.

oti

Banned
Watched the Verge review. Phone seems high quality but surpringly boring to me. Really hope Apple will shock everyone next year with something completely new.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

kaskade

Any good posts with just some sample shots from the 7+? I saw the verge ones. The one of the burger looked a lot better. Low light one with the group didn't really look great on any of the phone cameras which is to be expected. The iPhone seemed to have the most aggressive white balance(?) since the other ones looked so warm in color.

NYR

For a phone Apple apparently doesn't want you to buy, they sure are doing one hell of a job making me want to buy it.

I take the Jet Black warning as legal-ese after scuff gate. Lining up to try to grab jet black, in a clear case day 1 until next year.

Shoot, got to take this post back. I was wrong. Just read about 10 reviews, this statement clinched it for me:

The two new colorways, jet black and black, are also a dead giveaway. Or, as I call them, I Already Scratched It Glossy Black and Awesome Secret Agent Matte Black.

Got to go with Matte Black, I like it just as much and am too much of an OCD guy with my electronics to deal with those scratches.

i've gone running with so many earphones that weren't explicitly sweat proof, so i don't really worry about that.

The powerbeats, design wise, are too much of a 'statement' to be my daily drivers.
Before last week's keynote, i was eyeing the Jaybird X2, which are also $150 wireless headphones, so the price isn't really of any concern.
The beatsX kinda combine a design that is functional for sports, but also low-key enough for everyday wear.

("one earbud in" is pretty much how i mostly use my earphones - when riding my bike, but also while working in the office, or playing on my PS4, listening to podcasts. I like to still be aware of my surroundings)
- also, the fact that they magnetically attach to one another is a neat addition.

overall, it looks like them moving the batteries and wireless components to the 'necklace' part will make the actual earbuds pretty light.

I have the jaybirds and while they work great the fact that the battery is on the earphone itself makes them a little big and kinda weird having them come out of the ear like that.
moving the battery to the necklace sounds cool idea.

I'm just afraid that thin cable on after the battery might be fragile.
Also the jaybird is really missing the magnets to make them feel secure when resting.
Sometimes simply walking, they can start to fall. the magnet solves that.

Only thing i see missing is that little piece that secures the earphone to the ear. Really comes in handy on the jaybird.
I'm hoping the new beats have the jaybird notification voice, that seems like a cool feature. For me right now it's a toss up between the jaybirds, beatsx and powerbeats 3. Can't wait for some comparisons.

randome

I have a 6+ and ordered a 7+, but feel like maybe I made the wrong choice. Sometimes the 6+ is a pain in the ass to use, and the 7+ is only heavier.

I have a 6+ and ordered a 7+, but feel like maybe I made the wrong choice. Sometimes the 6+ is a pain in the ass to use, and the 7+ is only heavier.

Thats what I opted for the normal 7. I've held the 6 & 6+ and I personally don't need a larger screen. Either way, the 7 is slightly bigger than my 5s, so I'll be getting added real estate either way.

Lender

I'm in doubt. After a couple years of Android I wanna head back in the Apple Game. But I'm wondering if I would Just buy the iPhone 6s+ 128gb or spend the extra 100 Bucks on the 7+ 128gb. Would it really be that much better? Or is the difference beneign?

ZeroX03

Banned
If they were ~$50 I'd be in, but at $160 nah. Those things look super easy to lose. I have yet to own a pair of the wired buds last me more than a year.

Oh I think the price is way too much, but I'm sucker for paying a lot just to try things.

Every pair of headphones I've had fail on me is because of the wires. It'll be interesting to see how long wireless last. Bless removable cables on headphones.

randome

Do you guys think the 3gb of ram for the plus will make a big difference compared to the 2gb for the regular 7? Interesting that they increased it.

Do carriers hold similar Free iPhone promotions every year? I was about to upgrade my 6s+ to the 7+ because of the $650 credit but after reading reviews I'm going to wait until next year.

ZeroX03

Banned
Apple Silicone is great, takes a year+ to wear out from my experience.

Apple Leather is very good, but only ever get dark colors. Light colors pick up dirt and look terrible very quickly.

What cases are you guys getting for the 7 plus, trying to find a good soft silicone case.
Probably the Apple Silicone. If mine arrives Friday I'll head down to the Apple store and buy it, probably just gonna get a matching black.

Not sure about a screen protector, and I hear Apple leather tends to fade.

Top Bottom