• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

I'm really digging the Peel case.

home-featured-iphone-7.jpg

As "barely there" as it gets.

I went on the website and I couldn't find what the case is made of. Is it like the Apple silicon ones? Is it the faux leather? What is it, do you know?

Red

I got a question about the 6s plus: I bought this phone directly from apple, but activated on t mobile. All 6ses should be unlocked anyway, right? Want to know before I sell.

I got a question about the 6s plus: I bought this phone directly from apple, but activated on t mobile. All 6ses should be unlocked anyway, right? Want to know before I sell.

Not necessarily, it depends on what contract you bought it with. Full price? SIM-free or did it come activated on T-Mobile?

Apple doesn't lock the phones, the carriers do

Red

Not necessarily, it depends on what contract you bought it with. Full price? SIM-free or did it come activated on T-Mobile?

Apple doesn't lock the phones, the carriers do
I don't remember if I bought it activated or not, but even if so can't I unlock through iTunes?

Voidance

I received my iPhone 7 leather case from Apple today. It's quite nice and continues the trend of quality leather. From the promo shots, I thought the buttons were metal, but they are actually capped in plastic. It still seems like a big improvement over the previous case but time will tell on how well it holds up. Fingers crossed.

DOWN

Banned
My black Apple Leather Plus case arrived. I'm pondering if I open it or reconsider grey instead. My phone is matte black.
I received my iPhone 7 leather case from Apple today. It's quite nice and continues the trend of quality leather. From the promo shots, I thought the buttons were metal, but they are actually capped in plastic. It still seems like a big improvement over the previous case but time will tell on how well it holds up. Fingers crossed.
The buttons are aluminum according to the official store listing. It says machined aluminum.

Voidance

My black Apple Leather Plus case arrived. I'm pondering if I open it or reconsider grey instead. My phone is matte black.

The buttons are aluminum according to the official store listing. It says machined aluminum.
It fooled me. I, too, ordered a black leather case for my matte black 7 after mulling over the grey color.

Edit: Upon further investigation, the buttons are aluminum. I blame crappy lighting for my initial assessment. :^)

mrkgoo

It's funny, I really dislike the iPhone 6 and 6S designs. Non-flush camera, weirdly coloured and obtrusive antenna lines on the silver and space grey (they look fine on the gold ones).

But the 7, which has 98% the same look....I really quite like. Always liked black, but the combination of moving the antenna lines away and actually making them hard to notice goes a long way. The new finishes look really nice, and the camera "bulge" some hoe isn't as offensive. I'd still prefer it to be flush, but it's not as bad looking.

DOWN

Banned
It fooled me. I, too, ordered a black leather case for my matte black 7 after mulling over the grey color.
I feel safe with black so I'm opening it lol

I feel like grey could get old (it's exhausting to me in cars) and isn't as universal as black

EDIT: oh my god the packaging is like a super easy open box. Apple is queen of good packaging. I don't remember it being like this for my previous one from them.

Ambient80

So I called Apple and asked about the iPhone Upgrade Plan, and she started trying to upgrade me through my carrier. I wanna preorder using the iPhone Upgrade Plan, not AT&T :(

Ocho

I went on the website and I couldn't find what the case is made of. Is it like the Apple silicon ones? Is it the faux leather? What is it, do you know?

Looks like a carbon copy of this Ozaki .05mm case I have for my 6s+. Not sure what it is made of, but it feels silicony (edit: apparently it is plastic, but they label it 'jelly'). I have the 'clear' frosted looking case and it feels great when touching.

Also no yellow decoloration after 10 months.

I could bet it's the same material, but I'll have to order one to see. Make no mistake, if phone falls from a considerable height, it'll break. This case is for those who dislike cases and usually are cautious with their phone.

Ambient80

Thought some of you might get a kick out of these. These are a few of the pictures I took on the original iPhone's launch day in June 2007.

Original website ad but on my computer in HS:

353046749_15e166ff75_b.jpg

... Here's the line I waited in for the original:

666756663_41c8b4f8cd_z.jpg

... and my first sync:

667716962_8965bd7987_z.jpg

Oh shit... I have a pic of the checkout:

667715254_0d4621c8d1_z.jpg

I loved the way the first iPhone developed a "worn" look over a long period of time. It looked really, really nice.

jcutner

Just picked up my iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case in Storm Grey from the Apple Store.
I used the online In-Store pickup option, as they don't have them on the shelves yet.

29584579431_3a1609de52_c.jpg

29630396166_45e6c2c61e_c.jpg

29554933732_d76f87a43a_c.jpg

29584579201_32309d8c8d_c.jpg

29584579311_43ee593e17_c.jpg

Just picked up my iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case in Storm Grey from the Apple Store.
I used the online In-Store pickup option, as they don't have them on the shelves yet.

29584579431_3a1609de52_c.jpg

29630396166_45e6c2c61e_c.jpg

29554933732_d76f87a43a_c.jpg

29584579201_32309d8c8d_c.jpg

29584579311_43ee593e17_c.jpg

How durable are the official leather cases?
I have a off brand leather case for my 6, and after a few months it started to become rough and the edges. After 6 months, I can see the plastic underneath the leather on the edges

rubes7844

Banned
I have a off brand leather case for my 6, and after a few months it started to become rough and the edges. After 6 months, I can see the plastic underneath the leather on the edges
They're great. I've spilled beer and water on the table and accidentally have the case touch it'll blister a bit because that's that leather does. I've had it on all types of surfaces and no signs of rough wear at all. I'm very impressed.

DOWN

Banned
2 years and it still looks good and totally usable

rubes7844

Banned
AT&T bros...we need to keep an eye on this huge outage they have. It's been on all day and couldn't buy a iPad Pro because of it. Fucking sucks if it continues for the rest of the week.

Hey any word on you getting a plus? Im still waiting for my guy to contact me from Apple

Got a text from a friend who called in, AppleCare told her that they've been adding more stock at the stores to reserve on launch day. So I check and that is correct! I was able to reserve a Black Plus 256 about an hour ago for pickup at 10 AM on the 16th! Check the reservation site again, see what they got

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Got a text from a friend who called in, AppleCare told her that they've been adding more stock at the stores to reserve on launch day. So I check and that is correct! I was able to reserve a Black Plus 256 about an hour ago for pickup at 10 AM on the 16th! Check the reservation site again, see what they got

No plusses in my area still.

PSA: They seem to have gotten more stock available for any IUP members.

Plenty of modesl available as i type this. I just pre-ordered a 128GB black iPhone 7 plus for pick up friday 9:00AM

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Anyone else's Apple.ca order still sitting at preparing for shipment? Says it delivers on Friday so I'm sure it will, but god my tracking OCD is going crazy waiting for them to update with tracking number.

Big Brett

It's the same physical dimensions but the camera hole is in a different place

the camera lens opening wouldn't align properly

but someone mentioned that it still works and doesn't show up on photos. maybe just try one on in the store.

Thanks guys. My old brown leather case which I adored has worn past comfort at this point. The sides are all raised and weird, and it's just really visibly worn.

Top Bottom