• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Barzul

Apple Leather and Apple Silicone cases are the best imo

They fit slim and snug and feel awesome. I bought leather for the 7 Plus.

I'll probably do this too then. I have the leather case for my iphone 6s but I think I might go with the silicone this time for the 7 plus.

sangreal

Will my leather 6 case fit the 7? Don't really feel like buying a new one.

the camera is moved and larger so I doubt it

but my 7+ leather case fits my 6+. It overlaps the camera edge but isn't visible in pictures

H7lFjHj.jpg

Ocho

I bought a japanese case for my 6s+ very similar to that peel one you guys are posting around, and it's the best case I've ever had. Slim, lightweight, enough for no scratches. I'll certainly buy a peel one when I get the new iPhone.

if you're going to use a case I don't get the point of a Peel case, how can it offer any protection whatsoever?

Prevents scratches. That's all I need.

DOWN

Banned
I'm really digging the Peel case.

home-featured-iphone-7.jpg

As "barely there" as it gets.

if you're going to use a case I don't get the point of a Peel case, how can it offer any protection whatsoever?

I bought a japanese case for my 6s+ very similar to that peel one you guys are posting around, and it's the best case I've ever had. Slim, lightweight, enough for no scratches. I'll certainly buy a peel one when I get the new iPhone.

Prevents scratches. That's all I need.
To me cases like that and plastic or TPU or rubber cases actually don't help enough with scratches because the dirt that gets caught in the case gets rubbed harder on the phone than silicone and microfiber lined cases

ReAxion

To me cases like that and plastic or TPU or rubber cases actually don't help enough with scratches because the dirt that gets caught in the case gets rubbed harder on the phone than silicone and microfiber lined cases

this has been my experience over the years.

BFIB

Reviews are about where I expected them to be. Anyone thinking the reviews were going to trash the shit out of it over the headphone jack, just remember that Apple usually gets more leeway than other phone makers on stuff like this.

The phone is incredibly built, the camera looks fantastic, and iOS, if you love it, your going to continue to love it. No doubt it was going to be rated well.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Not surprised the camera still sucks. Apple has been lagging behind Android cameras for a while now. And I hope I don't regret getting Jet black over Matte.

-d0hv

ESBL

I think I'm going naked this time around, had the K11 bumper for my 6S. AppleCare+ and if I ding it up really bad, I'll put it through a wash cycle and get another phone for $99. Well $228.

jcutner

I was able to select iPhone 7 cases for pickup in Apple Stores today! I submitted the order, let's see if they can fulfill it!

FYI, my location is Toronto.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Damn that TechCrunch review said the Jet Black scratches, just from simply putting it in your pocket. Lol. That's bad news for someone like me who hates cases. Hopefully AT&T Next will probably still accept it next year even if the back is scratched to oblivion.

-d0hv

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Thought some of you might get a kick out of these. These are a few of the pictures I took on the original iPhone's launch day in June 2007.

Original website ad but on my computer in HS:

353046749_15e166ff75_b.jpg

... Here's the line I waited in for the original:

666756663_41c8b4f8cd_z.jpg

... and my first sync:

667716962_8965bd7987_z.jpg

Oh shit... I have a pic of the checkout:

667715254_0d4621c8d1_z.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
LTTP?

From Reddit:
"You can track it without the tracking number--you need to track by "reference number," by going here:
https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US
Use your phone number in the "reference number" field, then fill in your country and zip code. If you're on mobile, you'll have to request the desktop version. Even though what you're on already looks like the desktop version, if you don't, the site will bump you to a generic mobile tracking page when you hit "track.""

Worked for me, my phone is in Korea right now.

Deku Tree

LTTP?

From Reddit:
"You can track it without the tracking number--you need to track by "reference number," by going here:
Use your phone number in the "reference number" field, then fill in your country and zip code. If you're on mobile, you'll have to request the desktop version. Even though what you're on already looks like the desktop version, if you don't, the site will bump you to a generic mobile tracking page when you hit "track.""

That's been known since they first shipped iPhones I think. But when I do that it tells me my tracking number is

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxYYYY

The only numbers it shows me are the YYYY.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I'm upgrading from a Space Grey 6+ to a Rose Gold 7+. I have a black Apple leather case which I'm very happy with since it hasn't shown any wear on the colour over the year or so that I've had it.

I'm thinking I want to go with a lighter colour for my 7+ leather case, but I know from people I know that the colours like red and tan show a lot of wear. Does anyone have experience with the Storm Grey case? Does it get really ugly with worn out colours after a few months?

LTTP?

From Reddit:

What do I do if I'm in the UK? I've tried putting in my phone number and the tracking number that Apple have given me, but nada :(

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Say what you will, but after watching some reviews and seeing how the headphones sync, I look forward to native support being added to Macs and other devices. I imagine it'll be dead simple to quickly swap the headphones between machines providing you docked them between uses. Apparently when you open the case lid it notifies your phone and shows a dialog on the screen. Imagine that same thing appearing on your Mac at the same time or your iPad. It'll be so painless to pair the headphones to different devices on a per session basis.

That is if and when they put in support on other devices. (I'd bet the new MBP will have support for them.)

Shame you still have to spend $160 to get them.

Fake Edit: Looking at the Apple website it does say "seamless switching" by "choosing" them from your Mac or other device. I expect that's talking about the Bluetooth pairing system. I'm hoping for native support in new devices. (Unless they actually do it really smartly. I just don't want to have to click the menubar to pair them. Let the dialog pop up on everything and let me choose the device to use them on when I open that lid.)

Fliesen

my girlfriend's so psyched she'll be getting my iPhone 6 soon - her 5C performs weirdly sometimes, and she's seriously bummed out that there's barely any covers / cases available, as opposed to the 5(proper) and 6 family.

Dany

Banned
How does the Sprint iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 upgrade work?

My gf has a 64 GB 6. She got it a couple of months ago (went with more space over the 6s 16 GB).

There is a monthly phone payment. If she upgrades to the 7, does that payment go away (about $25 a month I think it is)?

She likes her unlimited plan so she doesn't have a problem being 'stuck' for 2 years with that.

LTTP?

From Reddit:

Doesn't work for me. Sprint sucks. it still says i'll get it 9/16 but the page hasn't updated with any tracking number ;_;

Deku Tree

Say what you will, but after watching some reviews and seeing how the headphones sync, I look forward to native support being added to Macs and other devices. I imagine it'll be dead simple to quickly swap the headphones between machines providing you docked them between uses. Apparently when you open the case lid it notifies your phone and shows a dialog on the screen. Imagine that same thing appearing on your Mac at the same time or your iPad. It'll be so painless to pair the headphones to different devices on a per session basis.

That is if and when they put in support on other devices. (I'd bet the new MBP will have support for them.)

Shame you still have to spend $160 to get them.

Fake Edit: Looking at the Apple website it does say "seamless switching" by "choosing" them from your Mac or other device. I expect that's talking about the Bluetooth pairing system. I'm hoping for native support in new devices. (Unless they actually do it really smartly. I just don't want to have to click the menubar to pair them. Let the dialog pop up on everything and let me choose the device to use them on when I open that lid.)

The "seamless" switching of the AirPods is built into any device running iOS 10 or macOS Sierra. It is already added. Jim D's review points this out. Switching from iPhone to Apple Watch or your Mac is claimed to be as easy as clicking the play button on your Apple watch or in iTunes. (Maybe you also have to click an output to AirPods button on iTunes I have no idea.) But it's already in there on old and new devices. They just have to run the new OS.

Ocho

Not my experience. Then again, I don't go around dirty places that much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jonm1010

Banned
So now that ios10 has broken my phone, I guess I will need to upgrade.

For those that have experience - as I never do the release day thing - how hard will it be to walk into a service provider when they open and get an iPhone 7?

So now that ios10 has broken my phone, I guess I will need to upgrade.

For those that have experience - as I never do the release day thing - how hard will it be to walk into a service provider when they open and get an iPhone 7?

I've been hearing mixed things. Looks like it wouldn't be difficult to get to your carrier first thing and just buy one.

Top Bottom