• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Vyer

T-Mobile is a clusterfuck right now. in addition to the bait and switch overnight change to the trade in, it looks like their site is down too

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The T-Mobile thing is extremely frustrating. I asked them on the phone and they told me the deal would be good until the 30th so I was waiting to make a decision, didn't expect them to suddenly change the deal. Shit.

Man, that is such bullshit... Looks like I'll order directly from Apple then.

T-Mobile isn't being very uncarrier lately. :-/
Especially when you realize that this trade-in deal (if you can make it work) is basically a return to the standard 2 year contracts of old, where the carrier pays part or all of your phone, and if you cancel in under 2 years you have to pay a fee. They just use different vocabulary.

Sheesh, I was on the phone with T-Mobile for *3 hours* last night, spoke to 5 different people, because the first person I talked to (before the trade-in deal changed) had bogus problems with my bank account. The 5th person (European support!) said she'd have someone from American support call me back when they get in, and that of course never happened, so I had to call again this morning, and now I'm apparently going to get called back within 72 hours! It's been an ordeal, but I'm gonna get me a damn iPhone 7 with trade-in deal if it kills me (which it very well might, I only got 4 hours sleep last night).

hwalker84

Apple might have "re-allocated" your phone to iUP people for in store pickup.

LMAO now it's shipped with a tracking number and delivery tomorrow.

200_s.gif

Clipse

Anyone else lining up at a Verizon store tomorrow morning hoping to get lucky? Hoping to get two 128GB Pluses in matte black and rose gold.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
6 more hours till I go pick mine up from store. Apple sent Email telling me my order is ready with barcode saying to bring payment method + ID. checked my account they returned the money to my account so dumb they could have just kept it!

Anyone have shipping updates from AT&T? They list that my mom's iPhone 7 shipped out two days ago, but every time I go to the site it still says "Shipping information unavailable". Getting worried it isn't arriving on time like they said it would.

sikkinixx

So what's the over/under on the amount of news stories, angry threads, and snarky tweets from people pissed at how scuffed their Jet Black phone will be?

Anyone know how much iPhone 6 was selling for last year when people were trading up to the 6S on launch? Looking like I won't be able to sell my 6S in time. Hoping Apple will at least give $400:/

Anyone know how much iPhone 6 was selling for last year when people were trading up to the 6S on launch? Looking like I won't be able to sell my 6S in time. Hoping Apple will at least give $400:/

Unless something changed like... today or will tomorrow, Apple isn't even accepting S models for trade-ins. Still just go to the 6 series

ESBL

How is buying Applecare+ post purchase? I refuse to going into the Apple Store fiasco, pretty simple to do online?

sangreal

How is buying Applecare+ post purchase? I refuse to going into the Apple Store fiasco, pretty simple to do online?

I recently bought an ipad pro 9.7 on amazon and then tried to add applecare+ after the fact. Their website did not work at all, and google found a bunch of posts on the apple site saying its been broken for months and to just call Apple. In the end though, it was only a 5 minute phone call w/ Apple and you can schedule a time for them to call you online

eg: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7592257?start=0&tstart=0

you'll note the 'Apple Recommended' answers are to just call them so they don't seem to be in a rush to fix it

Louisville, KY, United States 09/15/2016 9:45 A.M. Origin Scan

Finally some movement, still on track for tomorrow ����

Howdy neighbor. Mine was scanned at 9:22 in Louisville.

I always think it's bizarre that they go from China to Anchorage, then to the east coast, before sending them back to the west coast. Why not just build a big distribution facility in Alaska or Washington? Seems like a waste of jet fuel with the current process.

Finally at "Preparing for Shipment."

Although, I'm starting to think that the desperate 10 dollars I spent on faster shipping are probably worthless considering that because it'll probably get here when it gets here and they can't make it go faster because of how many phones they have to ship.

EE has given mine to DPD and its on its way to my local depot. I'll be at work when it's delivered tomorrow but I'll be following the drivers movement every 5 mins

Namikaze

Mine is preparing for shipment right now--it was supposed to come between 23 Sept and 3 Oct or so. What are my chances of getting it tomorrow?

Unless something changed like... today or will tomorrow, Apple isn't even accepting S models for trade-ins. Still just go to the 6 series
They'll be accepting them tomorrow is what an employee told me, but I'd like to know they were giving last year when people traded in their 6 for the 6S.

I'm honestly thinking about saying screw swappa cancel the listing and putting my 6S on eBay. I think some people are waiting to see if anyone drops their prices tomorrow. Sucks cause I'm selling it for a great price and it's still covered.

They'll be accepting them tomorrow is what an employee told me, but I'd like to know they were giving last year when people traded in their 6 for the 6S.

I'm honestly thinking about saying screw swappa cancel the listing and putting my 6S on eBay. I think some people are waiting to see if anyone drops their prices tomorrow. Sucks cause I'm selling it for a great price and it's still covered.

I've been thinking about that but Ebay has always seemed like such a hassle to me and Gazelle gives me that instant money.

AT&T changed my status to "shipped" but the tracking number they gave me doesn't work in the UPS system... Hopefully just a bug.

Anyone know how long it usually takes for phones to arrive after they've been shipped from AT&T?

Especially when you realize that this trade-in deal (if you can make it work) is basically a return to the standard 2 year contracts of old, where the carrier pays part or all of your phone, and if you cancel in under 2 years you have to pay a fee. They just use different vocabulary.

Sheesh, I was on the phone with T-Mobile for *3 hours* last night, spoke to 5 different people, because the first person I talked to (before the trade-in deal changed) had bogus problems with my bank account. The 5th person (European support!) said she'd have someone from American support call me back when they get in, and that of course never happened, so I had to call again this morning, and now I'm apparently going to get called back within 72 hours! It's been an ordeal, but I'm gonna get me a damn iPhone 7 with trade-in deal if it kills me (which it very well might, I only got 4 hours sleep last night).

On the phone tab of my.t-mobile.com, upgrading any of the iPhones on my plan gives me a little pop-up with the offer.

Dany

Banned
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 09/16/2016, By End of Day
Last Location:
Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Thursday, 09/15/2016

tumblr_n8h9e0HiJz1r3iv2ko1_400.gif

I've been thinking about that but Ebay has always seemed like such a hassle to me and Gazelle gives me that instant money.

Last year I traded my 16gb Silver 6+ to Gazelle for $345. This year Gazelle is offering me $245 for a 64gb Rose Gold 6s+. Even a month ago they were only offering $265. I have a spare 5 so I was going to trade it in earlier to lock in a higher value, but Gazelle's prices have gone to shit.

Your best bet for the most money is eBay. The only reason why I didn't do eBay last year is because the Gazelle offer was close enough (within $50-$75) that I was happy with not having to deal with the chance of a fraudulent buyer. That's always a risk with eBay, but that's not limited to a phone purchase and eBay is pretty good with resolving disputes.

Looking at current prices for a second, my 64gb 6s+ would net me a minimum of $400 on eBay after fees and shipping. I'm not sure what phone you have but it's almost guaranteed eBay will give you the most.

I just priced my phone on NextWorth.com (similar to Gazelle) and they'll give me $344, so that's a much better option if you don't want to do eBay.

Gazelle is practically beating you over the head, $2-300 for a phone that's barely a year old? They can kicks rocks.

This.

catmincer

For the first time I want an iPhone at launch. The camera looks amazing and the water resistance makes it much more appealing but I had a 6 and the battery was appalling versus my Xperia Z2 so I am hesitant.

Top Bottom