• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

DOWN

Banned
Mine has arrived and it's a beautiful thing. The black is actually black, not some kind of dark grey like it appears in some of the reviews. If anything it's just missing a tiny bit of cyan/blue (unlike the iPhone 5 which had that purple vibe).

H4aTbdk.jpg
Oh my god

Metal-Geo

Mine has arrived and it's a beautiful thing. The black is actually black, not some kind of dark grey like it appears in some of the reviews. If anything it's just missing a tiny bit of cyan/blue (unlike the iPhone 5 which had that purple vibe).

H4aTbdk.jpg

Mmmmm. I see one gorgeous phone and one fugly ass programming language. ;)

So no point in waiting at my Spring store tmw for the plus?? I want to trade my phone in towards it. They gotta have some for walk ins for those wanting to trade in their phones towards it.

DOWN

Banned
The round camera on the 7 looks so much nicer than the oblong thing on the 7 Plus.
Maybe biased since I wanted a Plus this time coming from a 6 but I actually like the double lens and think they both look fine but the single lens with the curved out lens hole looks like a fish eye

The 7+ is a huge upgrade from the 5s, but if money is tight, which it sounds like it is, then you shouldn't be spending any money, not even for a "cheaper" 7 32gb. So, I would sell the phone if you can make a profit and use that profit to pay for the screen repair on the 5s.

Does it still work otherwise? Apple's online reseller site will give you $225 for it but that's if they determine the fracture doesn't affect the value. If it does they will give you $0 for it according to their basic estimator.

https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightstarcorp.com/Iphonehome.aspx

There's only 1 crack for the iPhone 5s. I am fine with the crack, but trading it in would be the only reason.

I also have Jump! on Demand with iPhone 6S+ 64GB with 9 months remaining with free 7 credit each month.

H4aTbdk.jpg

Dude, you can flip that shit right now! It's going on eBay for $1250 for 126gb of jet black.

True, it's definitely the lump sum option in a sense. I mostly go with them because I'm usually looking to get rid of the phone at fast as possible when the new one comes around and dealing with possible scammers on Ebay is such a massive turn off.
Honestly, how bad are scammers on ebay? I'm close to going that route and the gaf horror stories are scaring me. Do sellers have nothing to fallback on even with tracking information?

Tomorrow is gonna be a fun day, iPhone 7, possible Apple Watch and NBA 2k17:D

Can you shoot some RAW photos with it and upload them somewhere?

How do I shoot in RAW on the 7?

It's the [seamless] antenna lines too.

Haha, I legit didn't even notice the antenna lines yet! They are well and truly hidden on most angles.

Mmmmm. I see one gorgeous phone and one fugly ass programming language. ;)

Ahhh yes, PHP is just awful and that's why it powers most of the web.

Dude, you can flip that shit right now! It's going on eBay for $1250 for 126gb of jet black.

Mine's just Black (matte black), and I live in New Zealand where eBay isn't really a thing. And I hate scalpers so I shall decline your suggestion!

-griffy-

Banned

H4aTbdk.jpg

My post in that pic sitting behind your phone like
589892fb-9ace-4da5-b334-6f48133fbe67.gif

Little Mons†er;217026763 said:

Haha, you went backwards in the NPD thread and forwards here. Well done.

There's only 1 crack for the iPhone 5s. I am fine with the crack, but trading it in would be the only reason.

I also have Jump! on Demand with iPhone 6S+ 64GB with 9 months remaining with free 7 credit each month.

His is matte. Also, I'm confused. You have a 5s and a 6s+, both yours and both on contract?

Honestly, how bad are scammers on ebay? I'm close to going that route and the gaf horror stories are scaring me. Do sellers have nothing to fallback on even with tracking information?

You're protected if you follow their rules. Probably 1% chance of being scammed but obviously someone who gets scammed is more likey to post about it.

I lost $50 2 Times because eBay buyer bought my code, but wanted a refund after I sent the code to them.

There goes my $100. I should've known from low ratings.

TLDR; Don't sell digital codes on Ebay.

Haha, you went backwards in the NPD thread and forwards here. Well done.

His is matte. Also, I'm confused. You have a 5s and a 6s+, both yours and both on contract?

iPhone 5s is paid off, 6s+ is still on t-mobile's Jump! on Demand contract.

How do I shoot in RAW on the 7?

Haha, I legit didn't even notice the antenna lines yet! They are well and truly hidden on most angles.

Ahhh yes, PHP is just awful and that's why it powers most of the web.

Mine's just Black (matte black), and I live in New Zealand where eBay isn't really a thing. And I hate scalpers so I shall decline your suggestion!
You don't need to sell on Ebay. I would advise selling on eBay because of jerks scamming you. You can sell through Craiglist or something. Scalping is frowned upon, but there's bound to some crazy guy is willing to pay you extra.

Oh New Zealand, it's the 16th over there, isn't it?

I lost $50 2 Times because eBay buyer bought my code, but wanted a refund after I sent the code to them.

There goes my $100. I should've known from low ratings.

TLDR; Don't sell digital codes on Ebay.

iPhone 5s is paid off, 6s+ is still on t-mobile's Jump! on Demand contract.

Yeah, you have a lot less protection on digital items. In fact, they were prohibited from being sold at one point.

So I have an iPhone 6S Plus that I was thinking about selling on ebay after picking up the iPhone 7. But the best value for it would be to trade it in to AT&T instead for that $650 price, right? I figure some people here are more knowledgeable about this sort of thing than me.
So long as you don't mind staying in a 24 month payment plan it is probably the best value you are going to get for the phone. I'm not sure what storage size you have, but it looks like the 128GB iPhone 6S Plus's are going for around $700-$750 and after eBay fees that ends up being $610-$650 not counting shipping which most of them offered for free.

Deku Tree

H4aTbdk.jpg

Why is a NeoGAF Gold user not whitelisting NeoGAF in their adblocker?

Yeah the phone looks hot!

Out 1

Just going to pay cash. Why wouldn't they sell it to me?

At T-Mobile they told me they won't sell to anyone not on the network. I honestly don't know about Verizon. Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense - theirs is the only unlocked iPhone 7 on the market.

Just going to pay cash. Why wouldn't they sell it to me?
I feel like the first words out of their mouth would be "Do you have an account with Verizon" and if you don't they probably won't want to sell you the phone. I imagine they'd like to conserve inventory for actual customers.

At T-Mobile they told me they won't sell to anyone not on the network. I honestly don't know about Verizon. Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense - theirs is the only unlocked iPhone 7 on the market.

I feel like the first words out of their mouth would be "Do you have an account with Verizon" and if you don't they probably won't want to sell you the phone. I imagine they'd like to conserve inventory for actual customers.

Ah makes sense. Guess I won't wait outside then tomorrow morning.

If you're buying the phone outright I'd ask a friend to use their account. When I was going to get a Verizon phone I was going to use the work account since buying outright doesn't effect anyone.

Ratros

Why is a NeoGAF Gold user not whitelisting NeoGAF in their adblocker?

Yeah the phone looks hot!

I always thought that NeoGAF Gold members didn't see ads at all. Only tier-Believe users have ads on their pages, right?

That black iPhone 7 looks really sexy, by the way.

Voidance

It looks like my wife's 32GB rose gold 7+ will be delivered tomorrow along with my 128GB matte back 7. It's a good day to work from home.

robotrock

Banned

H4aTbdk.jpg

GAF Gold is set to 50 posts per page huh...I guess it's the true way.

jcutner

H4aTbdk.jpg

And all I can do is sniff my iPhone 7 leather case. :(

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Yay got my 256GB 7 Plus picked it up from the store in the morning. 😘 Matte Black Life.

7_Plus.jpg

🙌🏽

Top Bottom